Sony Sued Over PS3-Destroying Firmware 3.0

Xbowhyena

Jan 26, 2009
They've already "stopped" piracy on consoles by selling games for exorbitant prices compared to PC games.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
The_Healer said:
Didn't break mine...
I was even playing Uncharted on it at the time.
You have no idea how much I envy you right now!

OT: got 3.10 it broke uncharted - and caused loading issues with infamous.

reloaded filesystem and infamousworks fine - still having uncharted problems though.

I am loving my ps3 games right now but it is making me a little mad by being so difficult!

I also can't believe people are arguing about which console breaking is better? anyone remember the glory of last gen? the console wouldn't break unless you chucked it down some stairs!!!

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
OK, so..as I was in the middle of moving..my PS3 hasnt been updated for a while..at this point in time is it safe to do so? Or do I wait for a sure-fire update that fixes everything..or is this 3.1 patch doing the job.

Also, This being slightly off topic, Has anyone used the Maxell Blu-ray lens cleaning disc? My movies have started freezing up from dust or whatever and I had to do some research to find out the best way to clean it. Outside of sending it away for Sony to fix. Does this cleaning kit work? It claims on the package that it works for consoles (PS3/360). So can anyone shed some light on this? please and thank you.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
DragonChi said:
OK, so..as I was in the middle of moving..my PS3 hasnt been updated for a while..at this point in time is it safe to do so? Or do I wait for a sure-fire update that fixes everything..or is this 3.1 patch doing the job.

Also, This being slightly off topic, Has anyone used the Maxell Blu-ray lens cleaning disc? My movies have started freezing up from dust or whatever and I had to do some research to find out the best way to clean it. Outside of sending it away for Sony to fix. Does this cleaning kit work? It claims on the package that it works for consoles (PS3/360). So can anyone shed some light on this? please and thank you.
It's been over a year, I think that answers the question.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
JoshGod said:
have microsoft been sued for RROD? seriously i dont know. anyway i hope they are.
Yes, along time back they were sued for RRoD and afterwards, they extended the warranty of all Xboxes.