Sony Throws PS3 Into HDTV for Newest Ad Campaign

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
CantFaketheFunk said:
Good job, Sony. We approve of more ads featuring wanton destruction of expensive electronic equipment. Next, how about you throw a PS3 Slim and 360 Elite at each other and see who wins?
I think it would tie, they would both be smashed to bits. It would however RULE!

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
When I read the headline, I thought it meant that sony built a PS3 into a tv. Dissapointed.

Video was cool though. Slow motion destruction is always fun.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
That commercial is made of pure awesome. IT certainly beats cheese you can take outside.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Well, I guess Sony is doing their job right.
Where I work, Bravia TVs are probably the most distributed item in the entire joint after Gift Cards and boxes of CDs.

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
I say that was badass too. When it hits the TV is so cool. It ripples like water. I want to see what happened to the insides of the PS3. I bet it is just all in little pieces.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Hmm, I'm not sure having your products have gladitorial contests with eachother is the marketing way to go when you're a manufacturer of expensive electronics. Still the randomness of it all, and some pointless slowmotion destruction of objects is good enough, I guess.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Woodsey said:
Anyway, where do we get one for free exactly? Because I've been looking to get one and if I don't have to pay, bring it on.
You have to buy a Bravia tv...so you'll only get set back $1000 dollars or so...you know, after moving to Australia and all. (where all gamers are treated fairly :D )
Stubee said:
Do it with an original xbox, that thing could take out a fucking bank vault.
I laugh...because you are right...and those controllers were truly dangerous if thrown...
Anarchemitis said:
Where I work, Bravia TVs are probably the most distributed item in the entire joint after Gift Cards and boxes of CDs.
Do you work in Australia?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I'm interested in though is that this sale seems to make an active enough push for Sony wanting a greater hold on gamers in the land down under...the fact that it involves the person buying a large LCD tv means Sony can do so without appearing desperate and it looks like pure power play...

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I prefer the funny commercials.

All they did in this one was ruin a good tv and ps3.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Cousin_IT said:
That was anti-climactic =( I was hoping the initial ripples were the PS3 going into the TV like it was water.
same here!

hey i have an idea (an awful one) for the next ad: Sony drops thousands of PS3s all over Nigeria like care packages, but with no parachutes, then we laugh as people die of massive head trauma!

Note: make sure no one at Sony reads that, they may actually try it!

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Me and my boyfriend watched this twice just to make sure we weren't missing something.
What was the point of that?

Smasngrab

Apr 23, 2009
a more realistic test would be a controller at a tv, i usualy aim at the sofa instead, controllers are expancive, and tvs even more so.....

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
The message is lost on me. PS3: when you can't find a suitable brick.