Sony to Finally Release The Last Guardian This October

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Sony to Finally Release The Last Guardian This October

The Last Guardian will finally hit the PS4 this October, Sony says.

First announced at E3 2009, The Last Guardian has become almost a joke among gamers. Every so often, Sony mentioned the game, and then it would promptly disappear again until another mention was made. Some people have all but given up hope that the game would see the light of day, but today, Sony announced their official date for The Last Guardian: October 25.

Alongside the announcement came a new trailer that showed off the best look we've ever gotten at the game. Players assume the role of a young boy who is helped by Trico, the game's half-wolf, half-cat, half-bird (yes, that's three halves, but who's counting) creature. Together they solve puzzles, avoid enemies, and try to make good their escape. The game was moved from the PS3 to the PS4, and made its return to the E3 stage last year.

It's super exciting to think that The Last Guardian is finally going to be released. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't let us down. Guess we'll find out in October.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
It's the puppers with wings! :D

I will admit I was clapping my hands together like a trained circus seal when I saw it again, and finally had a release date.

I didn't think this would happen, but, here we are. I really hope they don't kill off the flying puppers, they will, but one can hope.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Something something things coming to those who wait or...something.

Excellent. Can't wait.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
It's strange. The Last Guardian was a system selling point for me when I got my PS4, but now I really don't care about the game.
I don't even care about the story it has to tell...the hell's wrong with me?
I'm glad it's coming out though, not only for the people who were anticipating it, but also another Sony first-party game sees the light of day.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
EHKOS said:
It's strange. The Last Guardian was a system selling point for me when I got my PS4, but now I really don't care about the game.
I'm glad it's coming out though, not only for the people who were anticipating it, but also another Sony first-party game sees the light of day.
I think it's hard for the game to live up to expectations based solely on a trailer at this point.

The trailer does look stunning, especially this latest one, some of those environments are just beautiful.

I find myself not so excited for it, but I am about 90% sure that the second I pick it up and start to play it I will be gobsmacked and not want to put it down.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
-gasp- it's the game that made me want a PS3 only for it not to come out for the PS3!

Good thing I already have a PS4 or I'd be dubious as hell. Also I'm still super excited

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
EHKOS said:
Well, it has been a very VERY long time coming and was, for all intents and purposes, more or less dead regarding if it was coming out or not for a while.

There's also that sinking feeling that happens when games in Development hell come out and, let's not mince words, usually tend to suck more often then not. Examples include Daikatana, Colonial Marines, Duke Nukem Forever, etc. So, methinks maybe some caution is warranted.

As for me? I'll believe this game has actually released when I'm holding a copy of it in my hands.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Rather than play this game with the expectation that it's been in development for some seven or so years (and so must be the greatest thing ever) and come out disappointed, I'll go into it with the expectation that it's been in development hell for some five years and come out pleasantly surprised when it's quality is only okay.

Still seven years isn't that bad, maybe Sony just doesn't like hyping games that aren't far enough in development to properly show off, so as not to create unrealistic expectation, unlike Square Enix who has been hyping Kingdom Hearts 3 as long as they have Versus (Final Fantasy 15). We know how well that worked for Final Fantasy 13, people were expecting way more than what they got when toward the end of development, they had to chop out entire cities from the game and condense it down to a glorified corridor tour.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Vaporware has been hyped, canned for half a decade, then revived and redone completely then launched in the space of HL2:E3's cliffhanger.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Spider RedNight said:
-gasp- it's the game that made me want a PS3 only for it not to come out for the PS3!
Hmyeah same here :/ Oh well, one more reason to buy a PS4 now.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
What if the only reason the PS4.5 is being made is because of TLG?

Dun-Dun-Dun!