Sony Torturing Lonely Man in the Desert

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Sony Torturing Lonely Man in the Desert

Sony is teasing a project that involves an extremely lonely human being wandering through the desert.

The official PlayStation website has been updated with a strange teaser [http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/desert/] set to expire next week. Grab a cup of water because it's probably going to make you quite parched.

The teaser features a panoramic desert view with a silhouette slowly walking through it. As the desert wind blows, the man just keeps walking, step, after step, after step, after step.

But wait! If you click on the silhouette, you can make him run for a short period of time until he gets tired. What is he running toward? More desert. Seriously, he's stuck in the desert.

The teaser's timer will be up around June 2, when we'll hopefully find out what this mysterious desert man is all about. By my best guess, there are currently two Playstation 3 exclusives that it could be teasing - Journey [http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception-Playstation/dp/B004EQCCI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306610965&sr=8-1] - but they've already been announced and detailed. Both games feature desert locales. Perhaps 2011 will be Sony's year of the desert?

*Update*: Files reportedly extracted from the website hint that it's for Uncharted 3, so it could be counting down to a Japanese announcement. Not the most exciting revelation, but these things happen.

Source: Andriasang [http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/27/sony_desert_game/ target=]

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
YES, MY LETTERS MADE A DIFFERENCE. THEY'RE MAKING A LAWRENCE OF ARABIA GAME!!!

OK, probably not, I'm sort of leaning towards Uncharted 3, but a lot of info is already out on that, so they probably wouldn't run a teaser campaign for it.

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
I expected something WAY different when I saw the thread title...
But yeah, Uncharted 3. Probably some more details about it pre E3

Nostalgia Ripoff

Sep 2, 2009
I actually heard about this. It's a game being made from the makers of Flower. Literally, all it is is walking through a desert. How artsy.

Edit: Journey, that was it. Thanks for reminding me, Nocta.

arealperson

Oct 1, 2009
captainjackofms said:
My bet is Uncharted 3
It's Journey, no doubt in my mind. Interesting that they're hyping an 'indie' (it may not be, technically) game like this. Hopefully it's good. I really have no idea what to expect from it though (even genre-wise).

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
WELL I'M EXCITED! :D

Seriously though, it went blue. Creepy...
Oh, wait, that's night. EXCITING PLOT TWISTS EVERYWHERE!

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
Nostalgia Ripoff said:
I actually heard about this. It's a game being made from the makers of Flower. Literally, all it is is walking through a desert. How artsy.
That'd be Journey; they've already had demos at several expositions, I've heard, so a teaser campaign now wouldn't make much sense.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Blunderboy said:
"The Man in Black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed."

;)
Nah, couldn't be. Roland would never run in the desert, just a waste of energy.

Edit: After watching the preview for Journey and watching the teaser I don't think it's one of what ever the hell the things in Journey are. I'd still bet on Uncharted, though.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Rylot said:
Blunderboy said:

;)
True, but I'm sure that Marten would run if he thought Roland was close.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Blunderboy said:
Rylot said:
Blunderboy said:

;)
True, but I'm sure that Marten would run if he thought Roland was close.
Touche, good sir, touche. A game from the perspective of Marten, that would be a damn weird game.