Sony Unveils Killzone 2 DLC Details

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sony Unveils Killzone 2 DLC Details

Killzone 2 [http://www.us.playstation.com/].

The Steel and Titanium pack will include two new multiplayer maps for Killzone 2, each featuring "new gameplay elements and strategic twists." The first, Wasteland Bullet, is inspired by the Tharsis Refinery level in the original game, putting players on top of two bullet trains moving between Pyrrhus and the Wasteland, where they must move along a tight path, dodging obstacles and enemy bullets. Players can jump back and forth between the trains as they progress through the level but must stay constantly aware of the concrete pillars and other objects that can instantly turn them into a high-speed smear.

Vekta Cruiser, the second map, is based on the Cruiser level from Killzone 2 and has players boarding a massive ship, fighting off Helghast forces while protecting the ship from enemy fire. Close-quarters action is the name of the game in this "frantic and claustrophobic" indoors environment, where every new corner could bring instant death.

The Steel and Titanium pack for Killzone 2 will be available on the PlayStation Network on April 30. Pricing has not yet been announced.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
I really hope they are free/cheap. After all there are just too maps. I was actually hoping they'd add some local multiplayer or Co-Op...

dcheppy

Dec 8, 2008
Psychosocial said:
The name of this DLC is pretty lame IMO.
Cause Killzone2 was the coolest name ever. I was expecting DeathMaps1. So this is okay.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I love and loathe the idea of the environment being just as deadly as your opponents. If it's cheap enough, I may pick it up.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Good news for the Killzone 2 players, though I have to wonder at the number of maps only being two. The pricing on this outta be pretty cheap then.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I only have £2 in my PSN fund and I really dont want to have to add anymore for this pack if you catch my meaning.

Good timing though, only stopped playing the game 2 weeks ago so now is an ideal time to regain my attention.