Sony Unveils New Bluetooth Headset for PS3

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Sony Unveils New Bluetooth Headset for PS3

The new Bluetooth headset is 30 percent smaller, offers noise-cancelling, and is totally shiny.

Sony released its first official Bluetooth headset back in 2008. Sure, you might have looked like a cyborg while wearing it, but it was a more elegant way to voicechat while gaming than a bulky wired headset. Today, Sony announced a new, sleekier design for its official Bluetooth headset. It's 30 percent smaller and has a glossy finish, making it literally shiny. But the best new feature is that the headset has built-in noise cancellation that filters out all that unwanted noise like dogs barking or babies crying. The new headset will be available this month and will retail for the exact same price as its predecessor, $49.99.

[gallery=45]

Not only can you use the headset for gaming, but it's compatible with all Bluetooth devices including your phone or MP3 player. If you're looking for a way to talk while on the road, you could do a lot worse than picking up this headset for both gaming and general use. Sony's noise-cancelling technology is usually pretty good so its not a bad package for only $50.

"The improved mobile phone feature support allows you to use features such as three-way calling and call waiting," Sony product manager Anand Agarwal said. "And with nearly six hours of talk time, you can easily take the Bluetooth Headset with you straight from the living room to the streets."

Taking it to the streets!

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/08/new-bluetooth-headset-available-soon-for-ps3/?]

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Noise cancelling? But I want to hear the kid's mother dragging the spoilt brat away from it.
Either way, I think I'll buy it. I need a way to communicate that doesn't involve having the Playstation Eye on my chest as I lie down and play. It's kinda... awkward, to say the least.

Calumon: But it's silly, like you! :D

AwesomeFerret

Apr 28, 2010
Hmm, this leaves me with a decision to make then. I'm about to get a headset, but do I get the cheaper old one or wait and get the more expensive new one?

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
AwesomeFerret said:
Hmm, this leaves me with a decision to make then. I'm about to get a headset, but do I get the cheaper old one or wait and get the more expensive new one?
Don't buy either, just buy a $60 normal Bluetooth headset and save yourself the trouble of a crappy headset.

OT: Well congrats Sony, now could you fix the fact that they're uncomfortable, and that they usually die in 2 months?

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
...Hold on a second, won't that clash with the new PS3 matt finish?

Surely it would make more sense to have the old one glossy (to go with the 'fat' PS3) and have the new one matt to go with the Slim XD

AwesomeFerret

Apr 28, 2010
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
AwesomeFerret said:
Don't buy either, just buy a $60 normal Bluetooth headset and save yourself the trouble of a crappy headset.

OT: Well congrats Sony, now could you fix the fact that they're uncomfortable, and that they usually die in 2 months?
Ive tried using various unofficial Bluetooth PS3 headsets, none of which worked. I think that they have been removed from the list of OK'ed accessories for the PS3, so my only option is an official one. A friend of mine has one, and he says its fairly comfortable when you get used to it.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I dont see me getting this as almost everyone i've met on the PSN is a asshole :\

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
To quote cyber-Kennedy, "But I want it!"

I'll probably end up getting it, unless I can find another, better headset for the same price or cheaper.