Sony's Spider-Man E3 Trailer Shows Off Web-Slinging, Swinging, and More

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Sony's Spider-Man E3 Trailer Shows Off Web-Slinging, Swinging, and More

Last night at E3, Sony showed off nearly nine minutes of gameplay from Insomniac's upcoming Spider-Man game.

Sony ended its E3 press conference last night not with God of War, but with another 2018 title: Insomniac's Marvel Spider-Man. In nearly nine minutes of gameplay footage, we saw a game that looks to capture the magic of swinging around Manhattan and combine that with a combat that looks strangely reminiscent of Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Spidey fans will be interested in a couple of people shown off in the trailer. Wilson Fisk (Kingpin) was shown, as well as Martin Li (Mister Negative), who leads a gang called The Demons.

The trailer features plenty of little Spider-Man touches, including the various ways he uses his webs against enemies, and the litany of wisecracks. Sony says the game will be out sometime next year.

[gallery=7505]

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It looks basically like a good version of Activision TASM games.

But even if it does look good, it doesn't look like anything fresh. The environmental takedowns looked really cool but I am so tired of flinging shit at people while perched on the roofs ala-Arkham.

What will sell this game is the open world experience, and that gameplay demo was really, really restricted. Funny that they still have quicktime events, they seemed like they would ruin the flow of the game spectacularly.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Personally I could have gone with 30 seconds of Spidey webslinging around, but the rest is fine I guess.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I am intrigued. The original reveal didn't do anything for me, but this officially perked my interest. It looks like a solid game. And it just might do for Spiderman what the Arkham games did for Batman. Make me feel like Spiderman. Let's see some more of the game and it might go from on my radar to a purchase.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
ffronw said:
Spidey fans will be interested in a couple of people shown off in the trailer. Wilson Fisk (Kingpin) was shown, as well as Martin Li (Mister Negative), who leads a gang called The Demons.
"Without evil men I would never have the opportunity to do so much good."
- Martin Li

One of my favorite quotes.
I only know it because I own a copy of Dark Reign: The Underside.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Man, the new Arkham DLC with Spider-Man skins is looking sweet

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Was interested until I noticed it's QTE: The game. During the later half of the preview I couldn't reliably recognize what was a quick time event and what wasn't. Also enemies glowing red to tell you they are attacking, as if Batman style combat wasn't easy and predictable enough.