Sooo...anyone else still looking forward to The Last Guardian?

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I guess the topic title covers it pretty well but...I'm curious.

I'm sure a lot of people are, but it's just never a title I hear about through the whispers of the internet. That game was actually one of the reasons I bought a PS3 (which has been one of the best purchases I've made, but still)

The Last Guardian looked really good, and I was really excited for it. I thought maybe when they did the Ico/SotC bundle pack for the PS3 that maybe it'd be coming soon but...it didn't.

I think the last word was them saying they wanted to focus on Puppeteer and Knack so...I dunno.

You think it's still coming?

Admittedly I'm a little worried at this point. I'm pretty sure that if it's coming it'll be coming on the PS4.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
*sigh* At this point, I don't even know whether I'll try keeping up with the major systems due to financial stuff, so I don't know if I'd even be able to buy it. I would like to play it, but at this point I don't know if whether it'll get released or be the next Duke Nukem Forever.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Sure! It's a shame Fumito Ueda dropped out though. And yeah, I was kind of hoping it'd come out on the PS3, but at this rate it's PS4, if indeed it does come out. They haven't hyped the game for a while.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Well, I'd rather talk about The Last Guardian's potential for release than hear more rumors about Half Life 3..

If they haven't canceled it after all this time it'll probably shift to PS4, but I'm not holding my breath for any immediate news.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Of course! I'm a huge fan of Team ICO's games!

It's a shame that there hasn't been much news for it in a long time though. I kinda hope we get at least SOME clarification on it's status. Even if it's cancelled, at least I'll get some closure.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
I've never even played a Team ICO game, but I want to play this one (just found out about it during Fraser's wish-list segment of this year's E3 trailers and what I saw tugged both at my heartstrings and my purchase impulse). I hope it will see a release on PS4, but if its cancelled, it'd be nice to know not to get my hopes up at least.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Yes, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.
If it gets a release date, yeah, I'll be pretty excited, but if it goes in the other direction...
scorptatious said:
Of course! Even if it's cancelled, at least I'll get some closure.
Yeah, I pretty much have the same sentiment.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Christ, what is with this industry that great games get delayed into oblivion?

And yes, I am looking forward to the Last Guardian, we need another Team Ico game.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I was...and then the PS4 was announced.

I mean, one of the SELLING POINTS for the PS3 was TLG, and it never came.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Just as much as I'm looking forward to finding a genie in a bottle who'll grant me three wishes.

As soon as Fumito Ueda dropped out this game was dead, and we all knew it.

All that's left now is to dream of what could've been.

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
Part of me is still excited for this. The problem is, I keep forgetting it's still in development.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I was very hyped for it. Had it on pre-order at some point. But over time I just forgot about it. The store I had it pre-ordered at is out of business now... If it ever comes out, I'll probably buy it. But for now I'll just forget about it again, just like I've forgotten about HL3.