Soros swings at EU dissenters, and Hungary's Urban swings back - or how I stopped worrying and learned to love perpetual debt

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Tomorrow’s Thanksgiving why would anyone be at school?
lel
I don't like to be the one supporting mini-putin in Hungary (a.k.a. Orban) but I'm a cynic and I root for my own team, which is currently on the side of said mini-Putin. Additionally mister Soros had done more to promote antisemitism by his public actions than I ever had. We always get the collective bill when someone of our group does something people don't like, which is practically all the time.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
Personally I think there is nothing wrong with the EU pointing towards Poland and Hungary and their tendency to become less and less democratic as it breaches EU provisions. Why should the EU help countries which have Gay-free zones and are going further down the wrong path?
As for Soros's idea of perpetual bonds... who cares? Soros doesn't control the EU and if he wants to share his opinion on how to finance EU debt that's his right. Perpetual bonds may sound scary but they really shouldn't. Most countries probably have de-facto perpetual debts as they will never again reach a 0 debt level. The only difference between perpetual bonds and the debts nations now have is that the former doesn't have to be refinanced every X years. As long as perpetual bonds are emitted at an interesting interest rate and only for a small fraction of the total debt they could very well be part of the financing mix without posing any problems to governments.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
At a time when gouvernment bonds gets close to zero or sometimes even negative interest rate because the market is overflowing withmoney and scarce of low risk investment options, there is certainly little interest in issueing eternal bonds with higher interest rate. This won't happen.

It is a solution without a problem. If the EU would ever do common bonds, they could easily do so in the current climate without making them eternal.

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
He ran errands for the Judenrat (imagine delivering lists of names for offerings, yeah?).
" Likewise, while Soros was, as a student, sent to run errands at the Judenrat, a council of Jews whom the Nazis forced to do their bidding, he did not round up Jewish people. In fact, per Soros’s recollection, when he was given a list of names, with instructions to tell them to report to a location from which they would be deported, his father said he should not tell them to go. "
As I understand it, Jewish children were told to carry messages; they didn't exactly volunteer. Nor did they know what the messages contained - or at least the ramifications of Jews "reporting" to the authorities. If his dad told him what reporting really meant and to warn the recipients instead, and he consequently stopped delivering messages, I'd consider that pretty much the definitive statement on his and his family's conduct.

It was not a nice backhander, no, but it is part and parcel of the war waged against him for him funding his political beliefs. Some of those are unquestionably antisemitic, and suggesting he was a traitor to other Jews is effectively a way of legitimising the antisemitism.

Additionally mister Soros had done more to promote antisemitism by his public actions than I ever had. We always get the collective bill when someone of our group does something people don't like, which is practically all the time.
Jews have as much right to make their opinions known and support their causes as anyone else. There should be no expectation for them to hide away and remain silent for the good of other Jews, there should be an expectation that we defend them against antisemitism directed at them for daring to have an opinion and voice it.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
lel
I don't like to be the one supporting mini-putin in Hungary (a.k.a. Orban) but I'm a cynic and I root for my own team, which is currently on the side of said mini-Putin. Additionally mister Soros had done more to promote antisemitism by his public actions than I ever had. We always get the collective bill when someone of our group does something people don't like, which is practically all the time.
You can just dislike Soros without becoming antisemitic. Like, he isn't a race by himself and every Jew is molded after him

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Tomorrow’s Thanksgiving why would anyone be at school?
He's referencing Columbine. One of the shooters told someone he liked not to come to school tomorrow. So it sounds like you're one of the good ones who won't get shot.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
He's referencing Columbine. One of the shooters told someone he liked not to come to school tomorrow. So it sounds like you're one of the good ones who won't get shot.
What? Never heard of any of that before. There was a shooting at Columbine?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
What? Never heard of any of that before. There was a shooting at Columbine?
In the late 90s there was a mass school shooting by a couple kids, I think it killed like 16 people. Kinda restarted this school shooting craze the right seems to love.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
In the late 90s there was a mass school shooting by a couple kids, I think it killed like 16 people. Kinda restarted this school shooting craze the right seems to love.
Damn that’s crazy

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If it happened today it'd not be unusual (well, outside the schools maybe still being shut due to corona), a tad higher body count than the norm, but back then weren't as many shootings and it got lots of media coverage, and people coming up with weird explanations for why it happened.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
If it happened today it'd not be unusual (well, outside the schools maybe still being shut due to corona), a tad higher body count than the norm, but back then weren't as many shootings and it got lots of media coverage, and people coming up with weird explanations for why it happened.
Since its so common it might be lost in the shuffle and if it wasn't then you would get right wing morons claiming it was a false flag to take away real american heroes guns.