Sounds like trump is planning on nominating someone named Amy Coney Barrett to the supreme court.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
I mean, if we’re going to have cartoons of Mohammed, then this is probably fine
Off course it is. Especially if contextualised unlike what is being done through cherry picked images. The Carnival in Aalst is proud about its limitless ability to caricature and go overboard with everything and everyone. They also made fun of the catholic church and its sex scandals for instance:

But since making caricatures about that is PC no one mentions it and even pretends it doesn't happen so we can pretend it's all about the antisemitism.

And do you know what's worse about all this? The more you'll tell them they can make fun of everyone and everything except them or that the more they'll do it. And rightly so. Either you're against caricatures or you're not. Selective outrage just makes the media and those falling for their trap look like hypocrites.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Off course it is. Especially if contextualised unlike what is being done through cherry picked images. The Carnival in Aalst is proud about its limitless ability to caricature and go overboard with everything and everyone. They also made fun of the catholic church and its sex scandals for instance:

But since making caricatures about that is PC no one mentions it and even pretends it doesn't happen so we can pretend it's all about the antisemitism.

And do you know what's worse about all this? The more you'll tell them they can make fun of everyone and everything except them or that the more they'll do it. And rightly so. Either you're against caricatures or you're not. Selective outrage just makes the media and those falling for their trap look like hypocrites.
Great adddd conext.

No one skipped or missed it. It was quite clear what was happening at the festival beforehand. Stop pretending that all the other caricature makes certain caricatures okay. The people who had the issue with these certain caricature are ONLY focusing on the ones they have a problem with. Because why would you complain about something your not worried about. Call that selective outrage if you want but I dont know why you'd want people to cancel everything when they are being nuanced and only targeting things they see as a problem

Your added conext didnt add anything or prove a point. If you're cool with these caricature, you do you. Don't expect not to be criticism just because other caricatures are there

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Great adddd conext.

No one skipped or missed it. It was quite clear what was happening at the festival beforehand. Stop pretending that all the other caricature makes certain caricatures okay. The people who had the issue with these certain caricature are ONLY focusing on the ones they have a problem with. Because why would you complain about something your not worried about. Call that selective outrage if you want but I dont know why you'd want people to cancel everything when they are being nuanced and only targeting things they see as a problem

Your added conext didnt add anything or prove a point. If you're cool with these caricature, you do you. Don't expect not to be criticism just because other caricatures are there
“Belgians aren’t anti-Semitic, they’re racist against all non-Dutch equally.”

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
Great adddd conext.

Why would you complain about something you're not worried about... What about consistency and intellectual integrity? If you do not have a problem about making carricatures "in general" isn't having a problem about a subset of targets the definition itself of discrimination? If I say I do not have issues with racism against blacks but I do with Racism against Asians wouldn't that make me a racist?
Add to that the fact that by selecting and spreading the selection of imagery you remove context. Consequently you can also add the fact you're actually lying through omission.
Another interesting image:

To the unaware this might look like Nazi apologism, to the aware it's a clear attempt to caricature Flemish nationalists and the NVA (moderate conservative, but separatist, right wing Flemish party) as nazis. That even adresses Revnaks bullshit considering they have no issue making fun of Flemish nationalism.

PS: bonus point for progressive communist ignorance for conflating "Belgian" and "Dutch Speaking".

Last edited:

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Why would you complain about something you're not worried about... What about consistency and intellectual integrity? If you do not have a problem about making carricatures "in general" isn't having a problem about a subset of targets the definition itself of discrimination? If I say I do not have issues with racism against blacks but I do with Racism against Asians wouldn't that make me a racist?
Add to that the fact that by selecting and spreading the selection of imagery you remove context. Consequently you can also add the fact you're actually lying through omission.
Another interesting image:

To the unaware this might look like Nazi apologism, to the aware it's a clear attempt to caricature Flemish nationalists and the NVA (moderate conservative, but separatist, right wing Flemish party) as nazis. That even adresses Revnaks bullshit considering they have no issue making fun of Flemish nationalism.

PS: bonus point for progressive communist ignorance for conflating "Belgian" and "Dutch Speaking".
I don't know why you're fighting, I found it hilarious. I posted it for fun earlier.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
I don't know why you're fighting, I found it hilarious. I posted it for fun earlier.
Because I defend the right to caricature everyone and everything. Just like I defend Macron when he defends the right to caricature as well.
And also because I remember the international media having a frenzy about this Carnival of one particular city (town) and basically tarnishing the image of an entire country because some people don't understand its concept and like selective reporting. And basically the same happened in this topic.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Because I defend the right to caricature everyone and everything. Just like I defend Macron when he defends the right to caricature as well.
And also because I remember the international media having a frenzy about this Carnival of one particular city (town) and basically tarnishing the image of an entire country because some people don't understand its concept and like selective reporting. And basically the same happened in this topic.
Did you became a self-styled defender of free-speech or defender of Belgium?

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
Did you became a self-styled defender of free-speech or defender of Belgium?
I'm not sure if I would consider myself a defender of free speech but probably more than some. I just believe that before one's speech is to be judged or regulated it should be contextualized. As far as my country goes, nah I wouldn't call myself a defender, I have no issues pointing towards its many issues and failures but that won't prevent me of correcting nonsense about it.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
“Belgians aren’t anti-Semitic, they’re racist against all non-Dutch equally.”

My wife hates the Dutch. Well, she doesn't really: it's a joke based around the fact that every Dutch person she's ever worked with has been a massive pain in the arse.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

My wife hates the Dutch. Well, she doesn't really: it's a joke based around the fact that every Dutch person she's ever worked with has been a massive pain in the arse.
I have my random jokes about basically every European ethnicity, but making fun of the Dutch is especially fun because it’s actually making fun of colonialism.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I have my random jokes about basically every European ethnicity, but making fun of the Dutch is especially fun because it’s actually making fun of colonialism.
Do you have a joke about the people of Liechtenstein?