South Park RPG Class List Includes the Jew

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Capt. Crankypants said:
Oh this is bullshit. Look at all the Jewish-jokes flying around here, but I make one joking reference to 'beige' being 'Jewish racing gold' in a thread and I receive a mod warning. What the hell?!
Ya I don't get it either. Hell, there's a Jew joke in the article that's even worse than many of these...
OT: Should be a funny game. Hopefully it's fun too.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Wait a minute....Thief and Jew?
Oh you should be ashamed of yourself for that one... although I did come into the thread thinking that Jew would just be the thief class so I guess they are showing some restraint.

Sounds like something South Park would do.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
This game sounds like a combination between "Good Time With Weapons" that that LOTR episode (both happening to be among my favourites). I like this.

And my Jewish friend (who loves South Park) just about died at the Jew class. She knows what she's going to be lol.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Fucking hell, that was their big secret project? No, Obsidian fuck that noise, my good will for you just snapped like a piece of twine.

Anyways, this doesn't surprise me for a south park game. I'll be interested to see how much popularity the game gets outside of South Park fans.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
jimbob123432 said:
AnotherAvatar said:
SonicWaffle said:
AnotherAvatar said:
Every race should be so lucky to have such a neutral representation of themselves on the air. Television is run mostly by white racists (Rupert Murdoc, I'm looking right at you), hence why you only see a-typical white families or white teens on television unless it's in a mocking light.
The truly hilarious part of this statement is just how much racists ***** and moan about mixed-race couples and non-white families taking over TV, edging out all-white families and presenting race mixing as good and wholesome or even worse, preferable to finding a partner with the same skin colour to you.

I love how two groups of people can look at the exact same TV shows and come up with two opinions so ridiculously far apart from each other.
I don't recall many mixed couples on television, but I will acknowledge that it's been a while since I've tuned in to TV proper, all I can picture are fat white husbands with skinny wives and annoying best friends who are all white as the snow, but hopefully that's changed, and if so the racists can totally suck it.

As for the opinions, there was, amusingly enough, a south park about this very subject. The thing is that people will project their own views onto anything, without even considering what the artist was really trying to say. Because humans are egomaniacs and think everything is not only about them, but it agrees with them.

What a world eh?
Sorry to jump in here, but, as a white guy, most of my stereotypes actually COME FROM "non-white" families on TV. I personally think the most racist TV exec right now in Tyler Perry and all of the god-awful all-black shows he makes. They COULD be good, Bill Cosby proved that those types of shows can work, but Tyler Perry keeps screwing it up. I guess this is another example of "how two groups of people can look at the exact same TV shows and come up with two opinions so ridiculously far apart from each other".
Yeah, but you have to know there's some rich white guy backing Tyler Perry, with a grin on his face knowing exactly what it's doing.

Normally I'd comment here that I'm just being paranoid but knowing the film and television industry I think it is really safe to say Perry's boss is white.

jimbob123432

Apr 8, 2011
AnotherAvatar said:
jimbob123432 said:
AnotherAvatar said:
SonicWaffle said:
AnotherAvatar said:
Every race should be so lucky to have such a neutral representation of themselves on the air. Television is run mostly by white racists (Rupert Murdoc, I'm looking right at you), hence why you only see a-typical white families or white teens on television unless it's in a mocking light.
The truly hilarious part of this statement is just how much racists ***** and moan about mixed-race couples and non-white families taking over TV, edging out all-white families and presenting race mixing as good and wholesome or even worse, preferable to finding a partner with the same skin colour to you.

I love how two groups of people can look at the exact same TV shows and come up with two opinions so ridiculously far apart from each other.
I don't recall many mixed couples on television, but I will acknowledge that it's been a while since I've tuned in to TV proper, all I can picture are fat white husbands with skinny wives and annoying best friends who are all white as the snow, but hopefully that's changed, and if so the racists can totally suck it.

As for the opinions, there was, amusingly enough, a south park about this very subject. The thing is that people will project their own views onto anything, without even considering what the artist was really trying to say. Because humans are egomaniacs and think everything is not only about them, but it agrees with them.

What a world eh?
Sorry to jump in here, but, as a white guy, most of my stereotypes actually COME FROM "non-white" families on TV. I personally think the most racist TV exec right now in Tyler Perry and all of the god-awful all-black shows he makes. They COULD be good, Bill Cosby proved that those types of shows can work, but Tyler Perry keeps screwing it up. I guess this is another example of "how two groups of people can look at the exact same TV shows and come up with two opinions so ridiculously far apart from each other".
Yeah, but you have to know there's some rich white guy backing Tyler Perry, with a grin on his face knowing exactly what it's doing.

Normally I'd comment here that I'm just being paranoid but knowing the film and television industry I think it is really safe to say Perry's boss is white.
Eh... I chagrin to play it, but out of either social conscience or forced political correctness, but I'm going to play the "paranoid" card on your last statement, although you're probably right. Tyler Perry does seem to pride himself on being the head of his little production company, so there might be a chance of us just being paranoid white kids, but...

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
praus said:
Denamic said:
praus said:
Grahav said:
The jew? Pfff. I want to see if they put the muslim.
Probably not. Suicide bomber is not a very reusable power set.
Well, banelings in SC2 are really good.
Oh I think they very well may be someone you the player will have to fight. I just meant it won't be a class because once you blow your self up, you're done.
Maybe the muslims and the jews will unite forces to fight the pork industry.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
Haha, it's funny because its racist. Wait, no, it's stupid and ridiculous. And we give them more publicity for doing this and promote them to be more racist then ever to get more publicity! Oh, but it's fine, jew's are acceptable targets, right?

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
How ironic. I JUST finished reading the story about the game in my Game Informer. It mentioned a 5th class, but didn't specify. Glad to find out what it is. Can't wait to summon Manbearpig while playing as a Jew... :p

ExaltedBlizzard

Jan 22, 2010
I'm Jewish, more than half my family was murdered in the holocaust. Couldn't care less about the Jew class in the game- I love the show, but the article author is a douche bag.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
I don't particularly like South Park; it's not that it's too crude, and there are occasional episodes that I find particularly funny, but as a whole it's never really interested me. This, however, sounds brilliant. Also, I'm Jewish, and don't find this in the least bit offensive.
For those that do:

Vect

Jul 22, 2009
So the Jew is the resident Glass Cannon, I take it.

I'd guess that the Jew class would have a Jew Gold ability/bonus that gives him extra starting money. For those unfamiliar with the show, yes that is something in the series. That or a starting Intelligence bonus but penalties to Health and Luck.

I would've thought they would've gone further like having different stat bonuses based on your race (I'm not going to list specifics lest someone gets "Offended"), but I'm not surprised that they'd make being Jewish a gameplay feature.

On the game itself: I actually like Paper Mario-type combat based on timed button prompts. The Mario RPGs always did make turn-based combat a bit more interesting and interactive than usual.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Well this is one game that is going to get more popular when the video game watchdogs start barking.

To me this sounds interesting and I am just wondering how far they will be going in this game.

I'm just wondering if they are putting in Mecha Strisand, The Greys or any of the other weird stuff they put in the show? Wonder how many times Kenny will die in this game?

Ryokai

Apr 4, 2010
MANIFESTER said:
I remember I was in Israel last year, and I bought a South Park shirt with the Hebrew text saying "Jew Gold is a secret." Surprisingly, the show is decently popular over there Jew jokes aside. It is probably one of the best pitch perfect satire shows on American cable out there next to Colbert. As to people being mad at the Jew class, I just don't see why they should be mad. To me it is just a nice reference to the hardcore South Park fans, and in the end isn't that who the game will most appeal to anyway? I mean if you don't like the show you probably are not going to buy it.
See, in Israel, people don't have time to get worked up over a Jew joke in south park when there's literally entire countries around us idoctrinating kids to hate Jews, blame them for literally every one of the world's ills, and glorify suicide bombers who kill Israeli civilians.

All while accusing Israel of doing exactly those things.

So, yknow, some humor in a show ain't gonna do much.

Maseiken

Oct 28, 2009
I trust Trey Stone and Matt Parker with something like this, because, for all the rude, crude and questionable content of South Park, they never really preach hate. Cartman is explicitly the Worst Person Ever, and on top of that, his hateful remarks are pretty clearly based on ignorance (often wilful ignorance, but I digress).

Actual jewish characters, meanwhile, are presented as reasonable human beings. Kyle isn't always the nicest person, but he's generally pretty reasonable and rational. So yeah, I don't see a problem with this, because I would assume that the class would be more a parody of Cartman's opinions than of Jews as a whole.

This article, however, only betrays that apparently Greg Tito thinks that if he makes a non-joke about the holocaust while talking about Trey Stone and Matt Parker, everyone will think he's as 'Edgy' as they are. Or maybe he genuinely thinks the Holocaust is hilarious enough to carry a joke on it's own.
Or that Jewish people complain about it too much? This just makes me uncomfortable, ugh.

Whatever. Game looks funny, will wait and see if it plays well.