Space Invaders! (Closed)

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
As the small blue and green globe of Earth spins on its axis, a strange force begins to gather at the rim of the solar system. Races from all over the universe have come to this little planet, all for their own reasons. Some come in the name of Science, others for War. Some want to destroy the Earth for it's secrets, others want to protect it. Who are these mysterious beings, whose hands (or various appendages) hold the very life of Earth and all its inhabitants?
YOU!

In this RP, you do not play the Earthling Victims of Invasions. You ARE the invasion! You choose your race and your character of that race, as you try work or fight with others to use Earth for your own purpose.

Name:The name of your race, your Faction, and/or your fleet that is invading Earth.
Looks: Describe what your alien race looks like.
Personality: How does your race behave? Are they naturally war-like in all their decisions, or do they take have a cool, calculated thought process to even respond to "How are you?"
Specialty This could be special powers (telekinesis, flying, laser eyes) or skills (good at fighting, science, healing).
Bio Give a little history of your race and why your invading/helping Earth.

Name: Your Name

Position: Who are you in the your Race (commander, soldier, scientist, Supreme Leader).

Description: Anything special that sets you apart from the rest of your species. Could be clothes, scars, colors, etc.

Supplies and Skills: What you have and what your good at. Includes weapons.

Bio: Who you are inside and why your doing the things your doing.

Mine! (Invading Earth)
Name:Ramgorgs. The Thun Tribe.

Looks: Large goat-like creatures. They stand 7' on average, with their horns growing up to 5' long. They are usually of a muscular build, though Scholars, Cavern Dwellers (class of stealth warriors) and Elders are more skinny. The horns range from curling into themselves or bull-like horns.
Their faces resemble that of goats, but more squished in.
Their fur is usually some sort of gray, brown, black, or white, though some warriors choose to dye their hair. They stand on their hind legs that end in large, black hooves, and have arms that end in four-fingered hands.
Civilian Ramgorgs don't usually wear anything, their fur covering much up, though they do wear certain clothes made from the fur of their ancestors or they do things to their hair.
Warriors will wear armor that protects their soft bellies and backs, with some wearing full-body to add more damage to their Charge attacks.
Elders and Scholars usually wear robes.

Personality: The Ramgrogs are a patient, peaceful, and prideful race, and will turn fierce when their fellow tribes-men are provoked. When given a goal or task, they will go for it without rest, and will stubbornly keep with a problem till it's fixed. Though most Ramgrogians are born warriors, many have the same intelligence and creativity that can match any scientist, artist, or scholar you choose to name. Many Ramgrogs are raised to help their species first, family second, and themselves last.

Specialty: Ramrogs will usually be born with the ability to Charge (using their strong legs and large horns) and can jump nearly 6 feet up, 12 if given a running start. They can also easily maneuver through rocky or forest terrain, though they have difficulty swimming.

Bio: The Ramrogs started their Intergalactic voyage like most others: by given help. They neither had the knowledge or resources to make their own space shuttles, so a few alien races eager for their resources decided to trade this knowledge. Though they did well at first, their stubbornness and determination raising them in advance technology and space exploration, they were soon overcome by the alien's greed for their world's prizes. Though they fought hard against their enemies, the Ramrogs had to eventually leave their home world. Now traveling in massive space-station-colonies (that include chunks of their planet) they now travel to find a new world.
It is now several centuries later, and the perfect planet has been found. Unfortunately, the dominant species on are extremely violent and unpredictable, and the Elders do not want to chance a repeat of their Naive' mistakes. So now they will battle the Humans for their Earth, or be doomed to die in space.

Position: Is the "King" of his Tribe's Colony and only follows the rule of the Elders, to the annoyance of the other tribe's in the Council.

Desc: White fur with gray streaks on his back. Usually wears his red War Armor that covers is whole torso. His horns curl inward, though the tips curl out and come to a point facing forward. He does nothing with his hair, but keeps it unkept.

S&S: Tun-Dar usually carries his large Hammer of Rath, his ceremonial staff, and a small pistol. He also keeps with him basic supplies for healing and mechanics, and occasionally a good book.
He has a wide variety of weapon skills, and can quickly learn more. He also has basic knowledge of tracking, healing, and machines/electronics, though he prefers to others to do that kind of work. He's also a crafty speaker, though he looses that ability when he looses his temper.

Bio: Tun-Dar was born into a long line of Chiefs, though his skills still surprised his tribe. He quickly gained power through his father, and after his death, claimed his place as High Chief. This placed him in the Council with the other Chief's of the tribes, and he quickly gained fame. And infamy. He was very much out-spoken against the plan to invade Earth, saying that they would be no better then the cruel species that took their home-world.
But, as his fellow members are eager to point out, they neither have the resources or time to find another perfect planet as Earth. Plus, the species on it seem to be wasting their good fortune anyways, so it should not matter.
So with grim reluctance, Tun-Dar leads his people to Earth.
Neonbob (Invading Earth)
Name
Volictors
Looks
8-foot tall creatures with either large hook hands or hands with 20 fingers apiece. 7 eyes, located all around their heads. They have no gender, and randomly split into at least two separate beings at times. Hooked hands versions have a natural armor plating that is capable of deflecting up to a .50 cal bullet.
Personality
Generally apathetic, until their interests are piqued. When that happens, they focus on their target(s) with surgical precision and are relentless in their efforts to attain their goals.
Specialty
High degree of mechanical aptitude(20-fingered variants). CQC is the strength of the other variant. The hook type can also be armed with harnesses filled with various weaponry hooked up to their nervous system.
Bio
The Volictors made their own way into space just because at one point in time they decided that was what they felt like doing. Their progress was astoundingly quick, and they soon began exploring the entire universe. While making a routine check in with the inner planets of Earth's solar system, a scout ship was fired upon by a group of rednecks, and then a cohort of insurgents. This made the race upset with the Earth, and despite the reasoning being so trivial, they decided, overwhelmingly so, to go kick the hell out of Earth.
Position
High Lord Kalrafex of Doomnations.
Description
Kalrafex is a strange Volictor in that it emerged with traits of both variants. It has 6 hooks on each hand, roughly 4 feet in length.
Supplies and Skills
Wears a combat vest including an upgraded void cannon*, Ortuusa repeater*, several Phorphex grenades, and a speeder-class energy shield modified for personnel use. Up close, its claws are capable of ripping through plate armor up to three inches thick.
Bio
It is unknown what caused Kalrafex to be made, and many experiments have been conducted to produce another like him. He is happy to be going to war with Earth, as it will keep him busy for a while.
Weapon Descrips*
-Void Cannon: Forces all matter along its path into a pencil-thin beam.
-Ortuusa Repeater: Fires laser bolts from 9 barrels at the same time. Rate of fire comparable to a minigun.
-Phorphex Grenades: A large dome of plasmic doom that emanates from the grenade. It destroys anything in its path.
Lost In the Void (Invading Earth)
A humanoid species standing at 9' they believe they are the natural beings built for Earth. They wear nothing as they have a tough skin that acts like a barrier to bullets and other such weapons.

The Ladredas are not a peaceful race, but rather one built off conquest as they have spread through the galaxies like a plauge invading and annexing planets as fast as they can. Despite the conquest they do not have a home planet, as most planets lack the amount of water they need to survive. Earth however has these things the Ladredas need, and the race will go through any means to get them.

Their specialty is heavy weapons such as their equivalent of a machine gun and RPG's however the shorter, more human sized beings double as spies and infiltraters breaking into Earth's secure areas and delivering valuable assets to the leaders of the Ledredas.

Kevlan of the ship Glorious Bane
7' being with a short stocky build
Wears a combat mask that shields his face other than his eyes. It's paints are meant to inspire fear. He carries a chain gun as well as a portable gernade launcher on his back. Though most of his race uses their weapons, Kevlan prefers human weapons as it allows him to improvise in the field.
Kevlan rose through the ranks of his race by his stunning victories leading up to the invastion of Earth and for that he was given the title of shipmaster and now heads his ship at the head of the fleet.


Skarin (Unknown as of yet)
Name: Novavores

Looks: Half Biological, Half Mechanical entities. The average Novavore height differs according to the units model and specification. As a general rule of thumb, their height can range from 4 feet to 12 feet. All Novavores posses two upper body augments, one is always an eight fingered arm, the other, depending on the model can range from a chain saw to a pulse cannon. Novavores are bipedal and they use their synthetic muscles to navigate tough terrain with ease.
All Novavores posses a composite metallic exoskeleton, which extends from head to feet, and is an adaptive construct to endure the extremes of their homeplanet. It's thick plating also functions as a natural armor which they utilize during combat. Also the exoskeleton prevents the need to wear any clothes.
Within the exoskeleton, resides the organic layer of the Novavores. Their pale blue skin is hard and smooth, and their bodies are devoid of any discernible feature, except for two glowing blue eyes which sit on a featureless face. Internally, the Novavores share a symbiotic relationship with their organic thought processing unit and their mechanical nervous systems. This duality allows the Novavores to display remarkable feats of strength while maintaining rational thought.
[*Yes, they are cyborgs, but not really designed to look human]

Personality: The Novavores are a very proud race. Being part machine makes them very efficient in their designated tasks and much of their programming revolves around time management and efficiency. Thus, their biological aspects see no rational to warfare. "A pitiful waste of time and resources" is a famous line in the Novavore Creed. However, examples exist in Novavore history where, the prime command of self defense has overridden the biological urge for spices preservation and the Novavores have waged galactic wars in the interests of preserving their homeland.
When not threatened, the Novavores prefer the peaceful life of mining, exploration and agriculture as well as indulging in the academic fields.

Specialty: Novavores have changed much from their primary design and designation but still can be categorized into four models. The Workers, are the "civilians" of the race. Their prime function is to maintain the race with supplies and equipment, as well as to repair and build new Novavores. These are the smallest of the Novavores. Augments consist of mining and assembly equipment and they hold black markings on their exoskeletons.
The Templar, the learned of the Novavores. The prime attribute of knowledge and curiosity are served by these models. Augments range from research equipment to knowledge staves which house and analyze information. They have blue markings on their exoskeleton.
The Warriors, are the fighting force of the Novavores. Their creed is simple. Fight and defend for their species. They carry the most complex of augments; anything ranging from rocket launchers to Ion cannons are attached to these models. They range from 7 feet (Infantry Warrior) to 12 feet (Siege Warrior) in height. They hold red markings on their exoskeletons.
Finally there are the Code keepers, they form the council that dictate and govern the laws of the race. They are adorned with purple markings above their exoskeletons and have the ability to chose whichever augments they wish to have.

Bio: The Novavores are thought to have been conceived by a super computer who bound the rationals of Artificial Intelligence with organic beings a millennium ago. Little evidence exist to support this theory but still a recombinant biological and mechanical entity, called the Novavores exist in a galaxy far away and scholars are yet to establish a point of origin. It is widely believed among Novavore Scholars that their original function was to serve as sentient mining equipment and to explore inhospitable worlds. As time drew on, the natural intelligence within the Novavores led them to evolve, to create new purposes for their existence. Soon a thriving population of Novavores emerged, each tasked with a myriad of responsibilities. To this day, the Novavores continue to evolve.
Their biological aspects endowed them with child like curiosity and eventually they looked to the stars. They found a new purpose. Soon they had discovered space travel and had built their first starships, traversing the universe as explorers.
It wasn't long before they gained the attention of other alien races. Some were less than hospitable than others.
The Novavores are governed by a set of laws, called the Prime Commands. It lists the value of one species above all else and that the continuation of the race should be of utmost importance. This law has resulted in the peaceful race of Novavores to defend their homeland from invasion on more than one occasion and over the years of conflict they have evolved into a battle hardened race.
Despite emerging victorious from battles, the Novavores homeplanet, Novawyn was doomed. The two stars in their galaxy are on the brink of collpase. One is large enough to rupture as a supernova, taking all planets in the system to their fiery end.
Under the general issue of the Prime Command, the Novavores were forced to flee their homeland. They boarded their mighty Warstar ships and evacuated the planet. They now roam the space in search of a new place to call home. Reports of a suitable planet have emerged from the Milky Way galaxy, however reports also indicate that the planet to be already inhabited.
The Novavores set course, to see what Earth holds for them.

Position: Admiral of the Novavore fleets and High Keeper of the Codes.
Description: Standing roughly about 7'5" from the ground, Sylvan is the prime figure on the Council of the codes. Following the fate of his doomed homeworld he has taken it upon himself to lead his people to safety. He bears the mark of the Council on his exoskeleton along with the markings of the warrior.
Supplies and Skills
His right arm augment consists of a Nova Cannon; which can either fire an intense stream of laser beams for a sustained period or short and powerful laser bursts. Attached to his left arm augment is a medium range rocket launcher. For melee combat, Sylvan relies on his plasma blade, which is housed inside his left leg and can be retracted out when needed. When activated, the blade burns at a high temperature allowing it to cut through most materials.
He is a skilled tactician, both on the battlefield and on the political scene. He observes his opposition and adapts to the situation. Failing that he can reprogram his abilities to better fit the theater of operations.
Bio: Sylvan was originally designated as an infantry warrior model and served his race throughout the many years of conflict against the invasion forces. When the war ended he returned home, a proud veteran of the Borax wars. During peace times, most warrior models would shut down or hibernate to reduce upkeep costs but Sylvan found himself being promoted to the Keeper of the Codes model, a reward for the valor and dedication he showed during times of need. The other council members saw his as a fit AI construct to represent them during times of crisis and so he stepped up to take the place as the new High Keeper of the codes.
Sylvan now, bound to the Prime Commands, leads his fleet of refugees to the far away star system to the planet called Earth. He hopes that an arrangement could be made for peaceful settlement with the inhabitants but all reason proves, that peace with the humans is a futile attempt. Especially not with an Armada of Novavore Warstars en route.


Zombie_Fish (Protecting Earth)

Name:No name was ever truly found to describe them, so they became The Infectors
Looks: Can change looks at will. True form though is just a seeming white cloud of mist (Slightly human shape), but have enough strength in that form to cause serious damage with just a punch.
Personality: They are usually very intelligent, calm and collective. True strategists as well.
Specialty: Shape shifting- Can look like anything they have seen recently (Including a mist to fit into tight spots), but can only transform into something they remember. And have a very short memory span.
Bio: Have been studying humans for a long time now, but want to look at them close up for more direct study. With the word of several other species trying to invade, thus compromising their research, they decided to try and protect the human race against these foes.

Name: Langthrax

Position: Researcher/ scientist and agent/ spy (J-Division, recruitment 14-F)

Description: Out of some genetic flaw, his true forms has tiny flashes of blue light in it, like glitter.

Supplies and Skills: Bag of research (Includes test tubes, DNA samples, photos, binary coding and fake ID) and Pulse cannon (Fires out a blast of powerful air at the target). Skilled in hacking.

Bio: Was treated differently due to his looks, but became a favourite of the head spies and scientists due to his hacking and sneaking skills. It was then that he got accepted for spying and research in the armed forces. He was then given the assignment of leading the research of earthlings and eventually fighting off the oncoming alien forces.


ThreeWords (Investigating, Neutral as of Yet)
Name: The Collective

Looks: Anything (see speciality), but never wear clothes for appearance sake

Speciality: Long ago, the whole race focused on biological study and research, and thousands of years later, they have mastered the science completely. Like the tyranids (40K), they use no metals or plastics, and all their technology is made of living tissue. They are fully in control of their bodies functions, are able to mutate and rebuild their bodies to new shapes at astonishing rates

Personality: The whole race is governed by the Hivemind, an awesome disembodied intellect of vast psychic power. Though the Hivemind rules, and works by taking over the bodies of it's subjects, the individual still has dependant thought. The Collective travel the galaxy looking for new races in what they call "the Pilgrimage". Sometimes they absorb the new races into their Collective, and sometimes they merely see interesting forms of life from which to learn new and helpful shapes. If a race is hostile, the Collective feel it is their duty to neutralise them, sometimes driving them to extinction, but often merely absorbing them

Bio: Arriving from the direction of the galactic centre, they have come to earth as a part of their Pilgrimage, and have found it already occupied by several other races. The Hivemind is interested to see what is going on, and deploys units to investigate

I will play as the Hivemind, mostly from the eyes of a certain member of the Collective called Dest.

Dest has assumed a body like that of a stretched out, green tinged human who stands about 7' tall. He is a 'speaker', in that he is often a direct channel for the Hivemind, as other races find talking to and individual easier than an entire race at once. As such, he bears red markings on his shoulders, face and torso, akin to stripes in the army.

Skills: Dest is usually guided directly by the Hivemind, giving him the entire races ancestral knowledge, experience and skills, but on his own, he is a skilled psychic, diplomat, and combat biologist (ninja/mutator).

Bio: A loyal servant of the Hivemind, he has long been used as a speaker, and has seemed to become a favourite of sorts due to his ability to work well without the Hivemind's support, and his own considerable intellect and psychic power make him an excellent target for direct possession

EDIT: I believe we have enough for now, though Shapster can join once he has a race figured out.
Just some basic info about the Alien Races:
1) There is no common currency, as every attempt to make one has always ended in quarrel and economic disaster. The common process is the barter system, though some metals are priced quiet highly and used as a make-shift currency.
2) Most space-traveling races will have the following basic items:
Translators: Helps you understand other alien races
Hyper-drive: Let's you travel light-years in seconds
Lasers and other advance weapons: Basic weapons like laser pistols, laser swords, other such things.

Now, because your character is basically a whole race, you won't be able to be friends with everyone. So, here's some rules for dealing with Enemies and Allies:
1)You Can't Go God-Mod and Defeat the Entire Race: Unless the race can regenerate or you leave enough alive for a counter-attack, you can't kill of a race by saying "I used my Death-Star on their conveniently placed fleet" or "The virus we created killed their whole species."

2)You can't speak for another's Race: UNLESS you are giving permission by the player OR you are giving command over, say, a small group or squad or something. But they still have their own personality. For Example, if you had a squad of my Ramgrogs, they would never take an order that would put their Tribe or fellow soldiers at risk.

3)Don't Control the Whole Fight: If you are fighting against another Race, don't assume you can defeat them easily and they have nothing to defend-themselves with. For all you know, they have a hidden death-ray or self-destruct code.

4)Don't Change your Plans without reason: Meaning, if you're at first defending Earth, you shouldn't say in your next post "Well, I'm bored helping them, so now I'm going to kill them for fun." Give a good reason.

If you have any questions or suggestions, just PM me or put it on a spoiler [OCC].

In a galaxy, far, far away...all hell was about to break loose.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Name:Ramgorgs. The Thun Tribe.

Looks: Large goat-like creatures. They stand 7' on average, with their horns growing up to 5' long. They are usually of a muscular build, though Scholars, Cavern Dwellers (class of stealth warriors) and Elders are more skinny. The horns range from curling into themselves or bull-like horns.
Their faces resemble that of goats, but more squished in.
Their fur is usually some sort of gray, brown, black, or white, though some warriors choose to dye their hair. They stand on their hind legs that end in large, black hooves, and have arms that end in four-fingered hands.
Civilian Ramgorgs don't usually wear anything, their fur covering much up, though they do wear certain clothes made from the fur of their ancestors or they do things to their hair.
Warriors will wear armor that protects their soft bellies and backs, with some wearing full-body to add more damage to their Charge attacks.
Elders and Scholars usually wear robes.

Personality: The Ramgrogs are a patient, peaceful, and prideful race, and will turn fierce when their fellow tribes-men are provoked. When given a goal or task, they will go for it without rest, and will stubbornly keep with a problem till it's fixed. Though most Ramgrogians are born warriors, many have the same intelligence and creativity that can match any scientist, artist, or scholar you choose to name. Many Ramgrogs are raised to help their species first, family second, and themselves last.

Specialty: Ramrogs will usually be born with the ability to Charge (using their strong legs and large horns) and can jump nearly 6 feet up, 12 if given a running start. They can also easily maneuver through rocky or forest terrain, though they have difficulty swimming.

Bio: The Ramrogs started their Intergalactic voyage like most others: by given help. They neither had the knowledge or resources to make their own space shuttles, so a few alien races eager for their resources decided to trade this knowledge. Though they did well at first, their stubbornness and determination raising them in advance technology and space exploration, they were soon overcome by the alien's greed for their world's prizes. Though they fought hard against their enemies, the Ramrogs had to eventually leave their home world. Now traveling in massive space-station-colonies (that include chunks of their planet) they now travel to find a new world.
It is now several centuries later, and the perfect planet has been found. Unfortunately, the dominant species on are extremely violent and unpredictable, and the Elders do not want to chance a repeat of their Naive' mistakes. So now they will battle the Humans for their Earth, or be doomed to die in space.

Position: Is the "King" of his Tribe's Colony and only follows the rule of the Elders, to the annoyance of the other tribe's in the Council.

Desc: White fur with gray streaks on his back. Usually wears his red War Armor that covers is whole torso. His horns curl inward, though the tips curl out and come to a point facing forward. He does nothing with his hair, but keeps it unkept.

S&S: Tun-Dar usually carries his large Hammer of Rath, his ceremonial staff, and a small pistol. He also keeps with him basic supplies for healing and mechanics, and occasionally a good book.
He has a wide variety of weapon skills, and can quickly learn more. He also has basic knowledge of tracking, healing, and machines/electronics, though he prefers to others to do that kind of work. He's also a crafty speaker, though he looses that ability when he looses his temper.

Bio: Tun-Dar was born into a long line of Chiefs, though his skills still surprised his tribe. He quickly gained power through his father, and after his death, claimed his place as High Chief. This placed him in the Council with the other Chief's of the tribes, and he quickly gained fame. And infamy. He was very much out-spoken against the plan to invade Earth, saying that they would be no better then the cruel species that took their home-world.
But, as his fellow members are eager to point out, they neither have the resources or time to find another perfect planet as Earth. Plus, the species on it seem to be wasting their good fortune anyways, so it should not matter.
So with grim reluctance, Tun-Dar leads his people to Earth.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Name
Volictors
Looks
8-foot tall creatures with either large hook hands or hands with 20 fingers apiece. 7 eyes, located all around their heads. They have no gender, and randomly split into at least two separate beings at times. Hooked hands versions have a natural armor plating that is capable of deflecting up to a .50 cal bullet.
Personality
Generally apathetic, until their interests are piqued. When that happens, they focus on their target(s) with surgical precision and are relentless in their efforts to attain their goals.
Specialty
High degree of mechanical aptitude(20-fingered variants). CQC is the strength of the other variant. The hook type can also be armed with harnesses filled with various weaponry hooked up to their nervous system.
Bio
The Volictors made their own way into space just because at one point in time they decided that was what they felt like doing. Their progress was astoundingly quick, and they soon began exploring the entire universe. While making a routine check in with the inner planets of Earth's solar system, a scout ship was fired upon by a group of rednecks, and then a cohort of insurgents. This made the race upset with the Earth, and despite the reasoning being so trivial, they decided, overwhelmingly so, to go kick the hell out of Earth.
Position
High Lord Kalrafex of Doomnations.
Description
Kalrafex is a strange Volictor in that it emerged with traits of both variants. It has 6 hooks on each hand, roughly 4 feet in length, as well as the mental acuity of the mechanic variant.
Supplies and Skills
Wears a combat vest including an upgraded void cannon*, Ortuusa repeater*, several Phorphex grenades, and a speeder-class energy shield modified for personnel use. Up close, its claws are capable of ripping through plate armor up to three inches thick.
Bio
It is unknown what caused Kalrafex to be made, and many experiments have been conducted to produce another like him. He is happy to be going to war with Earth, as it will keep him busy for a while.
Weapon Descrips*
-Void Cannon: Forces all matter along its path into a pencil-thin beam.
-Ortuusa Repeater: Fires laser bolts from 9 barrels at the same time. Rate of fire comparable to a minigun.
-Phorphex Grenades: A large dome of plasmic doom that emanates from the grenade. It destroys anything in its path.
If there's anything else needed, let me know.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Shapsters said:
Neonbob said:
[Neon?! I didn't know you joined RPs!

I am in, please reserve a spot for me, a sheet will be up later.]
I...I didn't. I was reserving hope for my tiny glimmer of a life. But Ramthundar asked me to join in, so I did.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Neonbob said:
Shapsters said:
Neonbob said:
[Neon?! I didn't know you joined RPs!

I am in, please reserve a spot for me, a sheet will be up later.]
I...I didn't. I was reserving hope for my tiny glimmer of a life. But Ramthundar asked me to join in, so I did.
Mwuahaha!!! My brilliant plan of using a Forum game against you was as success!
And Of course I'll keep a place for you, shapster. Couldn't have a good RP without ya!
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Ramthundar said:
Neonbob said:
Shapsters said:
Neonbob said:
[Neon?! I didn't know you joined RPs!

I am in, please reserve a spot for me, a sheet will be up later.]
I...I didn't. I was reserving hope for my tiny glimmer of a life. But Ramthundar asked me to join in, so I did.
Mwuahaha!!! My brilliant plan of using a Forum game against you was as success!
And Of course I'll keep a place for you, shapster. Couldn't have a good RP without ya!
You insidious bastard! I should have known!
...I'll try to avoid derailing your RP, though.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Mind if I join?

A humanoid species standing at 9' they believe they are the natural beings built for Earth. They wear nothing as they have a tough skin that acts like a barrier to bullets and other such weapons.

The Ladredas are not a peaceful race, but rather one built off conquest as they have spread through the galaxies like a plauge invading and annexing planets as fast as they can. Despite the conquest they do not have a home planet, as most planets lack the amount of water they need to survive. Earth however has these things the Ladredas need, and the race will go through any means to get them.

Their specialty is heavy weapons such as their equivalent of a machine gun and RPG's however the shorter, more human sized beings double as spies and infiltraters breaking into Earth's secure areas and delivering valuable assets to the leaders of the Ledredas.

Kevlan of the ship Glorious Bane
7' being with a short stocky build
Wears a combat mask that shields his face other than his eyes. It's paints are meant to inspire fear. He carries a chain gun as well as a portable gernade launcher on his back. Though most of his race uses their weapons, Kevlan prefers human weapons as it allows him to improvise in the field.
Kevlan rose through the ranks of his race by his stunning victories leading up to the invastion of Earth and for that he was given the title of shipmaster and now heads his ship at the head of the fleet.

I hope that is sufficient
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Name: The species does not have a formal name as they do not communicate verbally, however they?re generally referred to as plague hounds. (In what ever language is being used, assuming there is a word for it)

Looks: They are a large hellish canine like race, and generally move on all fours, with the capability of standing up right. They?re normally around 10 feet long, with thick, hairless, and greenish red tinted bodies. They have large heads with faces that resemble the faces of hounds, yet with only small holes for ears, and two eyes stacked one on top of the other on each side of their head. Their hands are distinctly humanoid with three fingers and a thumb. (Think mangy awkward looking werewolf)

Personality: They?re very passive and friendly. They are immensely social beings, and make very strong friendships with other individual even outside their own race. Sympathy and understanding runs strong in their race, and they always oppose aggressors.

Specialty As their home world is overrun with an enormous variety of some of the universes most deadly and harmful pathogens, they have build up immunity to most illnesses, and have developed the evolutionary ability to maintain and disperse these pathogens. The pathogens are their main weapon, of which they can emit from their bodies.

Bio: The defense of others is a very strong principal within the plague hounds culture; as such they have taken up the position of galactic peace keepers. They?re civilizations have evolved enough that their influence stretches across many worlds and they tend to keep tabs on possible aggressors. If Earth is attacked, they will unquestionably defend it.

Still working on individual character
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
Name: Novavores

Looks: Half Biological, Half Mechanical entities. The average Novavore height differs according to the units model and specification. As a general rule of thumb, their height can range from 4 feet to 12 feet. All Novavores posses two upper body augments, one is always an eight fingered arm, the other, depending on the model can range from a chain saw to a pulse cannon. Novavores are bipedal and they use their synthetic muscles to navigate tough terrain with ease. The internal chemistry of the Novavores are completely mechanical, the biological aspect being their synthetic epidermal layer, which forms a protective covering for their circuitry.
All Novavores posses a composite metallic exoskeleton, which extends from head to feet, and is an adaptive construct to endure the extremes of their homeplanet. It's thick plating also functions as a natural armor which they utilize during combat. Also the exoskeleton prevents the need to wear any clothes.
Within the exoskeleton, resides the organic layer of the Novavores. Their pale blue skin is hard and smooth, and their bodies are devoid of any discernible feature, except for two glowing blue eyes which sit on a featureless face. Internally, the Novavores share a symbiotic relationship with their organic thought processing unit and their mechanical nervous systems. This duality allows the Novavores to display remarkable feats of strength while maintaining rational thought.
[*Yes, they are cyborgs, but not really designed to look human]

Personality: The Novavores are a very proud race. Being part machine makes them very efficient in their designated tasks and much of their programming revolves around time management and efficiency. Thus, their biological aspects see no rational to warfare. "A pitiful waste of time and resources" is a famous line in the Novavore Creed. However, examples exist in Novavore history where, the prime command of self defense has overridden the biological urge for spices preservation and the Novavores have waged galactic wars in the interests of preserving their homeland.
When not threatened, the Novavores prefer the peaceful life of mining, exploration and agriculture as well as indulging in the academic fields.

Specialty: Novavores have changed much from their primary design and designation but still can be categorized into four models. The Workers, are the "civilians" of the race. Their prime function is to maintain the race with supplies and equipment, as well as to repair and build new Novavores. These are the smallest of the Novavores. Augments consist of mining and assembly equipment and they hold black markings on their exoskeletons.
The Templar, the learned of the Novavores. The prime attribute of knowledge and curiosity are served by these models. Augments range from research equipment to knowledge staves which house and analyze information. They have blue markings on their exoskeleton.
The Warriors, are the fighting force of the Novavores. Their creed is simple. Fight and defend for their species. They carry the most complex of augments; anything ranging from rocket launchers to Ion cannons are attached to these models. They range from 7 feet (Infantry Warrior) to 12 feet (Siege Warrior) in height. They hold red markings on their exoskeletons.
Finally there are the Code keepers, they form the council that dictate and govern the laws of the race. They are adorned with purple markings above their exoskeletons and have the ability to chose whichever augments they wish to have.

Bio: The Novavores are thought to have been conceived by a super computer who bound the rationals of Artificial Intelligence with organic beings a millennium ago. Little evidence exist to support this theory but still a recombinant biological and mechanical entity, called the Novavores exist in a galaxy far away and scholars are yet to establish a point of origin. It is widely believed among Novavore Scholars that their original function was to serve as sentient mining equipment and to explore inhospitable worlds. As time drew on, the natural intelligence within the Novavores led them to evolve, to create new purposes for their existence. Soon a thriving population of Novavores emerged, each tasked with a myriad of responsibilities. To this day, the Novavores continue to evolve.
Their biological aspects endowed them with child like curiosity and eventually they looked to the stars. They found a new purpose. Soon they had discovered space travel and had built their first starships, traversing the universe as explorers.
It wasn't long before they gained the attention of other alien races. Some were less than hospitable than others.
The Novavores are governed by a set of laws, called the Prime Commands. It lists the value of one species above all else and that the continuation of the race should be of utmost importance. This law has resulted in the peaceful race of Novavores to defend their homeland from invasion on more than one occasion and over the years of conflict they have evolved into a battle hardened race.
Despite emerging victorious from battles, the Novavores homeplanet, Novawyn was doomed. The two stars in their galaxy are on the brink of collpase. One is large enough to rupture as a supernova, taking all planets in the system to their fiery end.
Under the general issue of the Prime Command, the Novavores were forced to flee their homeland. They boarded their mighty Warstar ships and evacuated the planet. They now roam the space in search of a new place to call home. Reports of a suitable planet have emerged from the Milky Way galaxy, however reports also indicate that the planet to be already inhabited.
The Novavores set course, to see what Earth holds for them.

Position: Admiral of the Novavore fleets and High Keeper of the Codes.
Description: Standing roughly about 7'5" from the ground, Sylvan is the prime figure on the Council of the codes. Following the fate of his doomed homeworld he has taken it upon himself to lead his people to safety. He bears the mark of the Council on his exoskeleton along with the markings of the warrior.
Supplies and Skills
His right arm augment consists of a Nova Cannon; which can either fire an intense stream of laser beams for a sustained period or short and powerful laser bursts. Attached to his left arm augment is a medium range rocket launcher. For melee combat, Sylvan relies on his plasma blade, which is housed inside his left leg and can be retracted out when needed. When activated, the blade burns at a high temperature allowing it to cut through most materials.
He is a skilled tactician, both on the battlefield and on the political scene. He observes his opposition and adapts to the situation. Failing that he can reprogram his abilities to better fit the theater of operations.
Bio: Sylvan was originally designated as an infantry warrior model and served his race throughout the many years of conflict against the invasion forces. When the war ended he returned home, a proud veteran of the Borax wars. During peace times, most warrior models would shut down or hibernate to reduce upkeep costs but Sylvan found himself being promoted to the Keeper of the Codes model, a reward for the valor and dedication he showed during times of need. The other council members saw his as a fit AI construct to represent them during times of crisis and so he stepped up to take the place as the new High Keeper of the codes.
Sylvan now, bound to the Prime Commands, leads his fleet of refugees to the far away star system to the planet called Earth. He hopes that an arrangement could be made for peaceful settlement with the inhabitants but all reason proves, that peace with the humans is a futile attempt. Especially not with an Armada of Novavore Warstars en route.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
Yays, this looks great!

Name: The Collective

Looks: Anything (see speciality), but never wear clothes for appearance sake

Speciality: Long ago, the whole race focused on biological study and research, and thousands of years later, they have mastered the science completely. Like the tyranids (40K), they use no metals or plastics, and all their technology is made of living tissue. They are fully in control of their bodies functions, are able to mutate and rebuild their bodies to new shapes at astonishing rates

Personality: The whole race is governed by the Hivemind, an awesome disembodied intellect of vast psychic power. Though the Hivemind rules, and works by taking over the bodies of it's subjects, the individual still has dependant thought. The Collective travel the galaxy looking for new races in what they call "the Pilgrimage". Sometimes they absorb the new races into their Collective, and sometimes they merely see interesting forms of life from which to learn new and helpful shapes. If a race is hostile, the Collective feel it is their duty to neutralise them, sometimes driving them to extinction, but often merely absorbing them

Bio: Arriving from the direction of the galactic centre, they have come to earth as a part of their Pilgrimage, and have found it already occupied by several other races. The Hivemind is interested to see what is going on, and deploys units to investigate

I will play as the Hivemind, mostly from the eyes of a certain member of the Collective called Dest.

Dest has assumed a body like that of a stretched out, green tinged human who stands about 7' tall. He is a 'speaker', in that he is often a direct channel for the Hivemind, as other races find talking to and individual easier than an entire race at once. As such, he bears red markings on his shoulders, face and torso, akin to stripes in the army.

Skills: Dest is usually guided directly by the Hivemind, giving him the entire races ancestral knowledge, experience and skills, but on his own, he is a skilled psychic, diplomat, and combat biologist (ninja/mutator).

Bio: A loyal servant of the Hivemind, he has long been used as a speaker, and has seemed to become a favourite of sorts due to his ability to work well without the Hivemind's support, and his own considerable intellect and psychic power make him an excellent target for direct possession
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Name:No name was ever truly found to describe them, so they became The Infectors
Looks: Can change looks at will. True form though is just a seeming white cloud of mist (Slightly human shape), but have enough strength in that form to cause serious damage with just a punch.
Personality: They are usually very intelligent, calm and collective. True strategists as well.
Specialty: Shape shifting- Can look like anything they have seen recently (Including a mist to fit into tight spots), but can only transform into something they remember. And have a very short memory span.
Bio: Have been studying humans for a long time now, but want to look at them close up for more direct study. With the word of several other species trying to invade, thus compromising their research, they decided to try and protect the human race against these foes.

Name: Langthrax

Position: Researcher/ scientist and agent/ spy (J-Division, recruitment 14-F)

Description: Out of some genetic flaw, his true forms has tiny flashes of blue light in it, like glitter.

Supplies and Skills: Bag of research (Includes test tubes, DNA samples, photos, binary coding and fake ID) and Pulse cannon (Fires out a blast of powerful air at the target). Skilled in hacking.

Bio: Was treated differently due to his looks, but became a favourite of the head spies and scientists due to his hacking and sneaking skills. It was then that he got accepted for spying and research in the armed forces. He was then given the assignment of leading the research of earthlings and eventually fighting off the oncoming alien forces.

That okay?

Neonbob said:
Ramthundar said:
Neonbob said:
Shapsters said:
Neonbob said:
[Neon?! I didn't know you joined RPs!

I am in, please reserve a spot for me, a sheet will be up later.]
I...I didn't. I was reserving hope for my tiny glimmer of a life. But Ramthundar asked me to join in, so I did.
Mwuahaha!!! My brilliant plan of using a Forum game against you was as success!
And Of course I'll keep a place for you, shapster. Couldn't have a good RP without ya!
You insidious bastard! I should have known!
...I'll try to avoid derailing your RP, though.
Good luck avoiding that.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Zombie_Fish said:
Neonbob said:
Ramthundar said:
Neonbob said:
Shapsters said:
Neonbob said:
[Neon?! I didn't know you joined RPs!

I am in, please reserve a spot for me, a sheet will be up later.]
I...I didn't. I was reserving hope for my tiny glimmer of a life. But Ramthundar asked me to join in, so I did.
Mwuahaha!!! My brilliant plan of using a Forum game against you was as success!
And Of course I'll keep a place for you, shapster. Couldn't have a good RP without ya!
You insidious bastard! I should have known!
...I'll try to avoid derailing your RP, though.
Good luck avoiding that.
It'll be needed.
Must...obey...RP manager's...rules...
*skin crawls*
:p
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Neonbob said:
Zombie_Fish said:
Neonbob said:
Ramthundar said:
Neonbob said:
Shapsters said:
Neonbob said:
[Neon?! I didn't know you joined RPs!

I am in, please reserve a spot for me, a sheet will be up later.]
I...I didn't. I was reserving hope for my tiny glimmer of a life. But Ramthundar asked me to join in, so I did.
Mwuahaha!!! My brilliant plan of using a Forum game against you was as success!
And Of course I'll keep a place for you, shapster. Couldn't have a good RP without ya!
You insidious bastard! I should have known!
...I'll try to avoid derailing your RP, though.
Good luck avoiding that.
It'll be needed.
Must...obey...RP manager's...rules...
*skin crawls*
:p
*grabs bag of popcorn* This is gonna be fun to watch.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Zombie_Fish said:
Neonbob said:
Zombie_Fish said:
Neonbob said:
You insidious bastard! I should have known!
...I'll try to avoid derailing your RP, though.
Good luck avoiding that.
It'll be needed.
Must...obey...RP manager's...rules...
*skin crawls*
:p
*grabs bag of popcorn* This is gonna be fun to watch.
Oh shit, now I have an audience? This is gonna be tough! It's not even off the first page and I'm babbling! Um...um...fuck!
Ram! Get back here and give me something to ramble about!
*falls onto floor and starts shaking*
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Neonbob said:
Oh shit, now I have an audience? This is gonna be tough! It's not even off the first page and I'm babbling! Um...um...fuck!
Ram! Get back here and give me something to ramble about!
*falls onto floor and starts shaking*
Easy their, soldier. You'll do just fine.

Oh, and fyi, I updated the List of Players and such. Xavier Dirt and Shapster can join later once they have their Races and such figured out. And now...to begin!


In the inky darkness of space, a large space vessel sailed through the skies. It was the shape of a sword, long and thin body ending in the potrusion of two mighty thrusters. Near the tip of ship, crowned the Ram-Turen, lay the cock-pit of the ship.
High Chief Tun-Dar was sitting in the captain's chair, head resting on his large hands while in thought. Around him, his crew was diligently piloting the ship, checking it's statues, and other such things. Though they usually worked in silent, it now seemed like it was to quiet. Occasional nervous glances was directed towards their leader, but no-one had the courage to ask him what was the matter.
Finally, Tun-Dar let out a deep sigh. He pressed a button on the his chair.
"Communication's Officer Lech-Gro?" he said, deep grumbling voice slightly vibrating his chair.
"Yes, High Chief?" came the reply, a nervous bleet coming at the end.
"I'm ready to speak with this Kalrafex" Tun-Dar continued, the strange name feeling funny on his tongue.
"Yes, High Chief. Patching you through now, High Chief!"

A large screen descended from the sky, and a few workers stopped to stare. Suddenly, the screen came to life, and Tun-Dar stared with steady eyes into all seven of the creature on the screen.
"Greetings, Kalrafex, High Lord of Doomnations. After speaking with my Elders, we have decided to ask for you a temporary alliance. We will help you eliminate the species of Human on the planet, and in return you will help us keep it for our own. What say you?"

To note, Tun-Dar has little-to-no knowledge of any other alien race coming to Earth. So, if you want to set an alliance or send warning, you need to send Tun-Dar a message.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
On the bridge of Phyrenex Zeren, Kalrafex views the screen. After consulting with the leaders in place back on their home planet, it agrees to the alliance.

All 500k of the ships that are under Kalrafex's command adjust their courses to join up with the main force of Tar-Dun.

The ships all share the same near-absolute black coloring, and are varied between four main classes:
Inflectors
These ships are roughly 250k feet long, 75k feet high, and are covered in weaponry that uses the same basic principle as the Void Cannon, except with a much greater area of effect.
250k of these ships.
Colludors
Medical ships. 700k ft. long, 500k feet high. Can house up to 2.1 billion injured.
50k of these ships.
Razors
Carrier ships. Containing fighter/bomber ships inside their large hulls, up to 100k of each type.
150k of these.
Obregons
These are the supply ships. They contain enough food and supplies to last for three months of combat each.
50k of these.
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
Name:The General Species is called Draklen (The specifics are explained in appearance)

Looks: A couple of different races, all resemble Earth mammals. The Mlorn resemble Earth moles, standing at about 5'-6'5. Bwerls resemble a humanoid Earth bats, standing at about 5'. And the Wrrrls are extremely large worms creatures, they are the key to the underground cities.

Personality: Very peaceful, will not fight another race unless they have been attacked, even then they will try to negotiate. Due to their appearance, most other aliens think the Draklen are primitive, but they are very technologically advanced. The Draklen live underground, they have a very large planet perfect for habitants such as humans.

Specialty: Can easily fashion weapons out of ground and rock, such as swords, spears axes. They do have laser powered guns, powered from the minerals in great mines in their planet. The Wrrrls can burrow straight through a large planet in about a day, making a clean tunnel from one end of the planet to the other.

Bio: The Draklens are running out of minerals for their planet, they plan to peacefully ask the humans for a trade. In exchange for the dirt and magma under the earths crust, the Draklens will let the Humans live above the ground on their planet, which has oxygen, water and plants, all of which the Draklens do not use.

Name: Mognarr Helkem

Position: Ambassador of the Galactic Mineral Search

Description: White hands and feet, light pink nose. Most Mlorn are all brown, Mognarr is a rare exception.

Supplies and Skills: Special blaster(shoots green instead of red), an Axe passed down from many generations called Helkem. He wears ceremonial Mlorn armour, which is made from the toughest rock on their planet.

Bio: His father was a very important man in the council, he has proved to be a master negotiator and fighter. That is why he is on this mission.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
EDITED

In the darkness of space, a wink. Then, arriving at horrendous super-light speed, a fleet appears, a fleet in which no two ships are the same. Each ship writhes with life, and they move like a herd of giant, space faring beasts, for beasts they are.

A wave of psychic 'radar' flashes out, and in the brain of every one of these 'ships', and each of their passengers, a vast, shared thought:

Well, what have we here? Fleet upon fleet, all around one planet. This could be interesting indeed...

Another flash of mental radar, and the massive mind makes a decision, focusing into one body, speaking through one mouth, to send a message out to the various capital ships

"Greetings, I am Dest, and I speak for the Collective. Might I ask why you have brought your fleets to this planet?"
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Kalrafex peers into the void, spotting the newcomers to the gathering.
That was odd.
Picking up a transmitter, it replies to the hailing.
"We are the grand seventh legatore of Volictors. This planet has attempted harm upon one of our ships. I cannot speak for the one called Tun-Dar, however. What are your intentions here?"
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Tun-Dar was just finishing his meal of his homeplanet's grass and leaves when he was hailed by the Communication Officer.
"Yes, Lech-Gro, what is it?"
"High Chief, we're receiving a message from an unkown vessel. Would you like to open communications?"
Tun-Dar let out a sigh, longingly looking at his meal. Pushing it aside, he straitened his armor and wipped his hands. Feeling himself ready, he asked to be patched through.
"Greetings, I am Dest, and I speak for the Collective. Might I ask why you have brought your fleets to this planet?"
Tun-Dar was about to reply, but was caught by the eyes of the new creature. It was not like the eyes of other species he had met, and not because of their shape. When he saw into these eyes, he saw a massive mind, more ancient then the Scrolls of the Elders and more vast then the universe itself. Tun-Dar, looking in those eyes, had the same feeling that a planet does when it looks into the infinite of space.
"I, I am Tun-Dar," he was finally able to say, "And I wish to use this planet so that my species may survive."
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Kevlan's Dark of the Night launched out of Slipspace with his fleet following. His Dreadnought gradually slowed as he saw several ships headed for the Planet Earth. His fist clenched this was his world and he would destroy any of the other opposition. His crew was scampering across the deck trying to coordinate the rest of the fleet before all decended into chaos. No one was expecting this, they knew that these species existed as they held many of their planets, but he didn't expect to see them here,They must be getting desperate he thought to himself.

As they finally passed Mars and were on course to Earth he opened a comm channel to the other High ships of these other races, "This is Shipmaster Kevlan of the Dark of the Night and I demand to know what the meaning of this is. This is an annexation of Earth and all other opposition is asked to leave immediately."

The Dreadnought[Las'mas] The King of the Fleet this ship commands twin Proton Chargers as well as a rechargeable Black Hole Generator. This ship boasts heavy tritanium plating, and shield generators and Plasma Engines with front thruster brakes. Crew: 10 000. Fleet amount 50 000

The Fighter [Masias]
The fodder of the fleet each these ships contain a crew of 100, and is equipped with Photon blasters with both basic engine and shield kits. Contains thin shields. Fleet amount: 300000

The Destroyer [Pladers]

The main guns of the fleet, these ships of a titanium plate armour and thick shields. Their arsenal boasts Heavy plasma torpedos, and plasma blasters fueled by their Plasma discharge from the engines. Their ace in the hole: Fusion missles that explode with the intensity of a supernova, in a small contained area. Crew: 10 000. Fleet Amount: 150 000
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Good merciful Ul'n! thought Kalrafex.
More factions are showing up every second. It's like a blasted convention!
It directs 1/3 of the Inflector ships to reposition themselves to cover this new possible threat.
Fully half of the ships contained in the fleet's Razors are launched as well.
I'll let Tun-Dar continue to handle the introductions it concluded.
Better to let the side with more of a reason open dialogue.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
"High Chief! We have another message coming in, and it doens't look to friendly!"

The screen split, and revealed the newcomer. "The Ladredas!" roared Tun-Dar, standing quickly and flipping his table. "What in the Nine Mountains of Henja are you bastards doing here? Wasn't our planet enough for your greed?!" he said in rage.

The Colonies: Though only 3 of them, these massive ships hold the whole population of Ramgrogs. The Colonies hold enough room for the population, supplies, living areas, and several acres of their home planet.

Because the Ramgrogs, though advanced, have never had the resources to make their own ships, they simply use the ones they traded for their home-world resources. This means most are pretty old and out-dated, though some newer ones were gained through conquest. They keep the best ships to protect their Colonies and for attack fleets against Earth.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Kelvan had to chuckle when he heard the response of Tun-Dar,"No your planet was good for labour, and resources we need our own planet, you know that so you should just give up."
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
"Admiral, The Nomad is dropping out of warp. We have arrived at the Milky Way sector!" Novavore navigator Siran-Rom spoke breaking the silence of the ship. Seated deep within the belly of the behemoth Warstar, Sylvan let out a satisfied sigh. "Very good!, take us to communication range with the planet and inform the rest of the fleet to standby." he replied as he stood up and began to pace the room. It had been several days since they left their homeplanet, now a new one loomed over the horizon. Finally, the Novavores would have a place to call home again.

"Admiral, we have a situation!" Siran's voice broke out again. "Our sensors have picked up the presence of several unidentified vessels in the region. All of them are near the vicinity of the planet Earth"

Sylvan, paused his pacing. Who are these people?, he wondered to himself. More importantly, what do they want with Earth?.
"Computer!, began analysis of proximity vessels and identify" Sylvan ordered the ship's computer. Commencing!...Diagnostic complete!. . Proximity vessels are from multiple origins. Identified presence of Ramgorg fleets, Identified presence of Volictor fleets, Identified presence of biological entities known as the Collective. Ship of unknown origin detected. Designation unknown, Entity Biological.

Sylvan let out a silent mechanical murmur. It appears that this blue planet has attracted a large gathering, the question remained, what was their intentions?.

"Navigator Siran, open a communication frequency with the nearest vessel" Sylvan ordered "I want to see who or what we are dealing with"

"As you wish Admiral!. Communication frequency opened with the Volictor ship, called the Phyrenex Zeren" Siran replied.

"Volictor ship, Phyrenex Zeren!. This is the Novavore Warstar Nomad, I am Admiral Sylvan Dol-Kar, High Keeper of the Codes, state your business in this sector!"
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Taken aback by the sudden intrusion on the comm array, as he was enjoying the delicious drama unfolding before its eyes, Kalrafex hesitated for a second. Eying the new faction, it noted the elegant fusion of mechanics with organic parts with the eye of a true engineer.
After this quick assessment, it picked up the hailer again.
"This is High Lord Kalrafex of Doomnations, of the Volictors. We are here to avenge a slight on one of our scout ships. We have no desire to keep the planet, only to kill the resident vermin. Since you have been courteous enough to ask our intentions before attacking, I would assume you are willing to share your reasons for being here as well."
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
"I Have already stated my intentions for this planet, I wish to take it for my race, however if all you want is their destruction I will help you, however I get the planet."
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
"Well, you can forget that! I've already claimed it for the Ramgrogs! Besides, doesn't your kind have enought planets to spoil away on?"
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
"Ahem. If there is no further discussion between us, I would like to get on with the killing. That is what I came here for."
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
"You Ramgrogs are a dead species anyway look at the sorry pile of junk you call a fleet, you know that every Shipmaster needs a planet, this will be mine, and all of my species will thank me for a planet all of us can safely live on. Kalrafex what is your reponse to my offer
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
"I do not care for your inter-species politicking or squabbles. All I am here for is to spill every drop of blood the humans have in store. If you help me, my fleet will leave as soon as the humans are dead.
HOWEVER, if you cross us, do not expect mercy. What you see before you is only the seventh fleet of twelve. Lastly, our hospital ships are for all races. I do not care if you injure one another, but if the parties make it to the hospice ships, I expect a fire-free zone around them.Is that satisfactory to you? Dol-Kar, I still await your response."
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Tun-Dar headed to the front of the ship, a floating screen keeping him with the conversation. He hated the idea of the Ladredas being so near, but he didn't want to upset his new alliance.
He look first at the Ladredas leader. "I will fight you and your kind for this planet till the very end, and so will the rest of my kin!"
He then looked at Kalrafex, and his tone was marginelly calmer. "As for you, I will not attack you, for we already made an alliance. However, if you choose to join the Ladredas and attack us, we will consider that treason and will act accordingly. But if you take care of Earth and only Earth, then I'll take care of Ladredas."
Tun-Dar sat into his pilot's seat, ordering his crew to get battle ready.
"What say you then, ally?"
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Kalrafex pondered for a second.
"I shall make no move towards either of you, provided that the previously mentioned terms are followed. Yet prudence dictates that I wait for the response of the Novavores before launching an attack on the planet below."
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
"Let us engage into light-speed captain." Mognarr instructed the ship captain, "Our resources are running thin, and we must try to convince the Humans for our trade, I believe it would be quite unwise to turn us down however. There is a lot of land and resources for the humans and they will hopefully help us."

The captain instructed the other ships to engage into light-speed, then the captain did so himself.

"We are now earthbound sir."

Quite small fleet, about 30 ships that can carry 100 crew members, and one ship which holds the Wrrrl that they plan to burrow through the earth with.
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
Sylvan paused for a moment. "Our fight is not with you, High Lord Kalrafex. Nor is it with the people of Earth. We come in peace to look for peaceful settlement on this planet. Your news of elimination of the Earthlings is grave indeed. I need more time to discuss the matter with my fellow council members before committing to anything. I can however say, if no hostile action is taken on my fleet, we will not interfere with your fleet. Dol-Kar out!"

Sylvan walked out of the battle bridge and into the ready room. Summon the Council!, he ordered to the nearby Novavore.

"As you wish, High Keeper!" came the reply. Sylvan sat down heavily on his chair. He hated making decisions like these.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Upon receiving an answer from Sylvan, Kalrafex deploys half of his fleet on the surface of Earth.
Clusters of ships land at the following places:
-North America, Central.
-Antarctica
-Russia
-Africa
-India
-China
-Western Europe
At each cluster, over 3 million beings set up camp and await further orders.
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
"What is the meaning of this Sylvan. Why are we not on the surface of Earth yet?" a Council member roared, his Gatling Cannon augment slamming on the Cartusian table before him.
"Easy, Volthor!. The situation is...complex!. We did not anticipate a fight for this planet, there are at least 3 races here besides us. Most of them seem to want to destroy or claim it as their own" Sylvan replied calmly. "We should at least try and be diplomatic about this" he continued.

"I have read the reports about these races..pure biological they are. Arrogant and self sure. Confident on their battle prowess. It is their weakness. Lets turn our weapons on them and claim this rock as our own. It is the only solution that computes" another voiced.

"No, you underestimate them because they are biological!. That does not make them primitive. We are just like them, proud and arrogant. They have plenty of fight in them. Let's see what their first move is. We need to study our enemy better. Our computers are monitoring all communications, especially that of the unidentified ship. They seem to be the most hostile of them all. We shall see what they all do, before initiating our Prime Command." Sylvan responded.

"Well then, what now?" Volthor asked slightly frustrated about the outcome.

"We shall set standard orbit around the planet's satellite. Earthlings call it the moon. It appears that the Ramgrogs and the unknown race will do battle for the planet. We will observe and evaluate our position accordingly." He paused for a second
"Do not worry, fellow Novavores!. I have not forgotten our Prime Commands. Earth shall be ours. We just have to be patient..for a bit longer."

60 Warstars: The Vol'chaa class Warstars are the primary battleships for the Novavores. These giant ships posses formidable armor and weaponry but very little shielding apart from their navigational shields. The overall length is about 1800m, width 540m and height 200m. The ship is armed with 38 laser array systems and 23 missile pods and point defense cannons that run the length of the ship. The ship is purely mechanical with an built in AI construct. The ship's computer can be re-programmed by uplinking with the Novavores.

46 Warhawks. Completely Autonomous vessels. They are tactical production ships that can produce laser and missile drones and place them in strategic locations. The drones themselves can be controlled remotely via a Warstar or left to the Warhawks guidance. These ships can also produce Ragnarok bombers, provided that a sufficient energy source and materials exist. Warhawks have little to no armor but have a medium shielding surrounding them. They also do not have any weapons on board and rely on the drones to defend them. As it is an autonomous construction ship it cannot carry any passengers.

48 ASARE ships. Assembly and Reconstruction ships. These ships house the Novavore worker models and serve as a repair ship for injured Novavores and damaged ships. These are the smallest and the fastest ships in the Novavore armada. These ships are part Mechanical and part Biological. The outer surface is covered in a biological membrane that when attacked can secrete a hardened carapace to act as emergency armor. Due to their size these ships can additionally dock with Warstars when threatened. They posses medium range pulse cannons on their fore and aft sections.

12.8k Ragnarok Bombers. These are autonomous mechanical drones. Cannot carry any passengers or supplies. Constructed within a Warhawk, these ships have an AI programmed with only one command. When activated, Ragnarok drones travel at great speeds towards a targeted ship and crash against their hull. These ships have no shields or weaponry, they rely on numbers, sheer agility and speed to get to an enemy capital ship and detonate against the hull or in close proximity to it.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
The Hivemind received new input and considered, attempting to glean logic from the simple but psychotic ramblings of the other species.

It decided to await further developments...
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
As the natural cycle of a day came to an end for Kalrafex's forces had finished setting up camp in all landing zones. The ships formed an impregnable outer wall, bristling with weapons, and the area inside the walls had seen barracks, mess halls, and all the essential buildings spring up in just a few hours.
Seeing the progress that had been made, Kalrafex was pleased, and retired to quarters.
As am I. Good night, all!
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
"Ready the cannons! Get some TICKS prepared!" Tun-Dar roared, his crew scrambling to obey. "We'll show the Ladredas who's planet this is!"
"I thought you said it was the Humans?" someone said in a sultry voice.
From the crowd of scrambeling Ramgrogs came the cool, collected form of She-Nan, Second in Command of the fleet.
"Yes, well, they have no use for it!" Tun-Dar replied, but his voice sounded unsure of himself.
"Besides living on it?" she inquired.
Tun-Dar merely glared at her, though he avoided her gaze.
"We need that planet, and they are certainly not using it right!"
"You sound just like the Ladredas."
Before he say anything else, She-Nan had disapeared back into the crowd.
"Rrrr...Weapon's Master!" Tun-Dar yelled into his microphone.
"Yes, High Chief?"
"Are we ready for battle?"
"Yes, High Chief. Should be begin an attack, High Chief?"
Tun-Dar glanced back into the crowd, rage still gripping his mind. He took a deep breath, and sighed.
"No, just keep them at the ready. And signal for some more ships to come."
Tun-Dar turned to look out to space.
"The first move is your's, Ladredas."
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
"The Rams have readied their fleet Shipmaster," a scout reported on the screen in front of Kevlan.

Kevlan thought to himself for a moment, and rubbing his forehead came to a conclusion. "Move the Masias forward in preparation. Send the Pladers behind them and get me a firing solution for the torpedos I want them right and ready for launch. Send 10 000 of the Las'mases to the planet to prepare initial invastion; we may have time to enslave some of the population before it is eradicated."

Kevlan hesitated before giving the final order; that wasn't good, he as a leader could not afford to be hesitant, as it would affect the moral of his troops if they knew he was not sure of himself. Pushing all doubt aside he finally would break the stalemate.

"Prepare to fire initial attack in T-minus ten minutes"
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
"The Ladredas are preparing to fire on us!"
"And so it shall be. Ready the weapons!"

Tomorrow. I'm to tired to go on. ta-ta for now!
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
I agree it's 1:30 here MT I will most likely be on again in 12 hours or so
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
While the two parties in the void above Earth began preparations for killing each other, on the planet below, the Volictors began their campaigns.
Everywhere they are met in battle, pits score the earth from the void cannon fire, and screams of agony are heard as claws rip through kevlar and flesh.
At the end of the day, all camps have increased their radius by 50 miles.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
The Hivemind saw, and the Hivemind computed. Then, the Hivemind acted

There was no command given, but suddenly, several ships let forth a horde of semi-sentient pods, whose only purpose was... descent

Pods rained down all around the globe, and perfectly coordinated troops spilled out, immediately engaging the Volictors in furious combat. Surprised, and under unexpected attack form all angles, the Volictors were pushed back, to their camps in disarray. Then, a further drop pod flew down, but this one did not die upon landing, like the others.

Instead, it focussed the power of the Hivemind, allowing it to communicate to non-psychic beings, and the voice of the Hivemind spoke directly to Kalrafex

For what reason do you war against the humans? They have done you no wrong, and they can by no means pose a threat to you. Your actions are illogical and wasteful. Justify them or cease immediately!
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Upon hearing the Hivemind's words in its head, Kalrafex's first reaction was amazement, then annoyance at the apparent psychic powers on display by the fully organic foe.
"My justification? Look at those huddled masses! They have had many cycles to prove themselves worthy of life! Yet still they focus on killing one another! They've only been to their own moon once, for Ul'n's sake! Also our race decided upon this course of action. We shall not be swayed."
After speaking this piece, Kalrafex gave orders to the gunners manning the decks of all Inflectors.
"Fire around the camps. Disperse the enemy. We must regain the ground that has been lost. Surely our comrades on the ground will accept this. And if any more pods are launched from that cluster of ships, I want them targeted and shot down as soon as they enter the atmosphere. Launch another fifty squadrons of fighters and put them on standby."
It sits back in the command center, waiting for the enemy's next move.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
It should be noted that all of the Collective are telekinetic, and that they use this force instead of electricity and conventional weapons, though the effects hardly differ

And what of you? responded the Hivemind, What is your race worth? You yourselves have only recently reached space-faring technology, and your first action is to make war on a weaker planet. However, it continued, as the Volictors' guns were prepared, your second act was worse. Making war on a stronger race only proves stupidity

By the time the the Inflectors fired fired their space to ground barrage, the Hivemind had seen, computed and commanded at the speed of thought, and the Collective troops had shrunk, become dense and armoured, and dug themselves deep burrows, in which to outlast the storm

In orbit, as the Inflectors turned their weapons downward and fired, another command went out. With out a battle-cry, and without a single leading ship, the fleet leapt forward, psycho-kinetic weapons flaring to tear into the Volictor fleet. Many fleet's spewed forth thousands upon thousands of tiny beasts, little more than dual psychic brains, one for attack and one for guidance, to engage the enemy fighters, while others vomited forth uncounted hordes of tiny spores, to drift into the enemy and burn with acid secretions, or to fall to the planet and create further footholds for the Collective
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
ALERT!, Ladredas forces are engaging the Ramgrogs. Volictor forces are deploying on Earth's surface. The Collective are engaging Volictor forces.

"Do you see what's happening now?. They have begun their bickering for splitting up the planet" a councilmen sighed. "Do we just sit by and watch idly?. These fools and their hostile actions, there is no way the Earthlings are going to listen to our diplomacy now. They will never trust the word of spoken by us. We have but one choice. They are but organics, we are droids. We are Novavores above all else. We must go to war. Earth will be our home." he pressed.
Sylvan nodded his head. "It would be wise if we did have some eyes and ears on the ground, but I think we should still wait and see how this plays out before deploying in force" he nodded to the council members before informing them that the meeting was adjourned.

"Commander Ralfix" he spoke as he walked back to the battle bridge. "Yes, Admiral?" came the reply. "Have our Warhawks go into active production. Alert the fleet that we are on standby alert from now on and get our shields and weapons online" he commanded.
"Oh one other thing!" he said turning around. "Have the Warhawks launch a couple of laser and missile drones to Earth. Have them conduct a terrain sweep but do not order them to engage anyone unless fired upon. I think it's about time we see what's happening down there" he said as he entered the massive command area.

Sylvan sat in his chair and viewed the events unfolding before him through the hologram projector. "Navigator Siran!" Sylvan called out. "Have the fleet break orbit with the moon. Take us closer to Earth"
"Commander Ralfix, have our drones form a forward protection wing as we move out. Have the rest provide a flank on either side. Let's be prepared for anything!"
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
A flash of whit appeared above South America and a small fleet of ships appeared.

"We have arrived at Earth sir, what would you like us to do now?" asked the Captain

"Well, we should talk to the leader of this planet, where does he reside?"

"Uh... it would appear as though they don't have one ruler, but rather, many rulers for the different 'countries'."

"Am odd concept indeed, well, take me to the most powerful nation."

"That would be the United States of America sir, would you like me to engage?"

Mognarr had already entered the drop pod, along with his Bwerlian assistant.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Damn! This is getting worse by the second!
Directing his attention to the Collective first, the troops on the ground were ordered to place an impenetrable layer of Ocratox weave along the ground as they progressed, keeping the Collective from emerging behind their lines as the fight continued.
Speaking to the Colletive, Kalravfex launched into a tirade.
"How dare you accuse us of being new to the void! While you may have been around long before us(legends on their homeplanet speak of a giant telepathic...thing passing over them long before), we have been in and amongst the stars for a good millenia! And if you desire combat, so be it!"
The fighters still left in hangers were launched immediately, and only two Inflector ships were left behind to continue support for the ground troops.
Fifty Inflectors were also left behind to guard the hospice ships in the void between the Ramgrogs and Ladredas, to provide something to consider before annihilating one another.
During the initial attack by the Collective, Three Inflectors are hit by charging ships, two of the enemy's ships lodging into place and being dragged down into the atmosphere before exploding. The last two are put both put out of the fight.
The acidic spores overload shields, and many of them hit the side of one of the Inflectors, corroding it quickly.
Kalrafex directs the ship to fly into the center of the attackers as quicky as possible.
Despite its high level of damage, it makes it most of the way before its engines are crippled, 2/3 of the way into the cluster.
With a prayer to Ul'n, Kalrafex orders the reactor of the doomed ship targeted. When the Fleet fires upon the ship, it explodes in a blaze of glory, nearly 400Km in diameter, engulfing many of the Collective's ships.
Catching the small group of ships that recently appeared, Kalrafex decides they are not as important as the present threats of the moment.
I hope that was all fair enough...tried not to godmode or auto or something like that...
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
The Hivemind reacted, pulsing huge amounts of power into the shielding forces, absorbing and redirecting the energy of the titanic explosion. However, as a leaving gesture, it sledgehammered into the mind of Kalrafex a bolt of sheer hatred and disgust for the meaningless savagery of all such base races as the Volictors

Shields flaring, the Collective forces dispersed. Among many forces, the breaking of the line would have been a foolish move, but with the complete coordination borne of a single shared mind, the fleet instead stuck from innumerable directions. The Hivemind sent five ships to attack the remaining bombard-ships, but spared the hospital ships.

Planet-side, the Collective forces reacted quickly to the laying of Ocratox, emerging from the ground where possible, and burrowing to better exit points where not. As soon as they reach the surface, they mutate to attacking form, murderously smashing into he Volictor troops in melee and with telekinetic power. Among them, Dest moved, thinking only as a part of the group

As the pair of ships began to fall from orbit, the Hivemind could not save them, for their bodies were beyond surviving, and their minds were too full of panic to save themselves. Channeling through Dest, the Hivemind wrenched the two ships with a huge psychokinetic shove, altering their orbits and aiming them for Kalrafex's base
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
A squadron of small and agile laser drones suddenly flew over the Volictor position. The mechanical eye of the drones began recording information, it saw the Collective assault and the Volictor response. The resulting fireball and the arrival of the Draklen fleet. It reported the information back to the High Keeper.

"What now?" Sylvan slammed his fist against his chair as he saw a new race appear. "What in Nova's name is going on?. Why has the galaxy turned up here?" he let out a deep murmur from within his mechanical frame. "This is getting out of hand!" he murmured to himself. "Computer, open a communication channel to the Collective, and the new comers. Send the following message to the Collective:

"This is Admiral Sylvan Dol-Kar of the Novavores!. State your business on planet Earth and explain your actions against the Volictors."

Send this to the new race that jumped in.

"This is Admiral Sylvan Dol-Kar of the Novavores!. Request that you withdraw your fleet
from Earth airspace as you are in a conflict zone. If you are here by mistake, we advise that you return immediately. If not, we politely ask that you state your business in this sector"


End Transmission.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
While the sudden dispersal of enemies was slightly shocking to Kalrafex, its distraction was unnoticed by Kalrafex, who was floored by the sudden influx of psychic energy that flowed from the Collective. However, after only a few seconds, he was able to overcome the wave, and returned to leading the forces.
The fighter ships all exacted their own tolls on the enemy, concentrating their efforts on the largest ship. Over 40k swarm the colossal vessel.
Spotting the five ships going for the dual ground support Inflectors, Kalrafex orders 7 of his own ships to join up and protect them. Three of the Collective ships are hit.
On the ground, furious combat reigns as void cannons and repeaters fire endlessly. Closer to the enemy, hand-to-hand combat breaks out, and while many of the Volictors die in the initial swarm of enemies, upon regrouping, the grenades from afar mixed with the deadly abilities of the Volictors while up close help to fend off the waves of hostiles.
Mixed in with support from the ships ringing their base, the combat lasts merely an hour before the last of the hostiles are driven off.
.98 million dead on my side as a result of this, .51 million sent to hospice ships.
Kalrafex's ship, still in orbit, notices the flaming wrecks being aimed at his ship. Unleashing the forward batteries, the hulks are completely annihilated.
Another 20 ships are lost from the fleet as the organic vessels attack from all directions, but the main force forms up into a large sphere, which lets them defend from all positions equally well, and hit x number of Collective ships.
Yeah, x as in you choose. I don't know the number of ships you have, so...yeah.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
The missiles hit their targets obliterating them. However the foe sent their own salvo headed towards the fleet, "Take evasive manuvors NOW!" The ships were not able to dodge most of the bolts and many ship's shields failed and were destroyed, Strange, they didn't have these weapons in the beginning of our invasion of their planets" Kevlan thought to himself. These were all interesting developments, he sent another salvo of plasma and braced for a counter attack.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Tun-Dar watched as Kalravfex engaged in battle against the Collective creature.
"Hmm, shame. It looked as though they could of been a good ally."
He merely shook of his doubt, and began to ready his ship for battle against the Ladredas.
"Are the TICKS ready?" he called into the intercom.
"Yes, High Chief! All loaded with our best warriors and hackers!"
Tun-Dar nodded his shaggy head. "Then Hajorn protect them."
From the base of the ship, three small capsules launched out, traveling below the main ship of the Ladredas.
"Fire our missiles near the front! Keep them busy!" Tun-Dar ordered.
Everyone thinks that a space-battle is only through guns and lasers, Tun-Dar mused.
When the capsules were beneath the ship, they exploded, launching 3 needle -like pods into the hull of the ship.
But we fight the way we always have...
The shocked Ladredas crew looked at the giant metal point that penetrated their ship, and guards and readied their weapons.
Hand-to-Hand!
The tip exploded, nearly taking out the whole room. From the smoldering hole rushed a squad of Ramgrog warriors, all screaming their battle-cries. When all three pods had settled, their was nearly 6 squads of 20 Ramgrog warriors, each squad with their own hacker and engineer. They made their way through the ship, securing rooms and trying to find the main core.

The ship was then hit by the Ladredas attack, shaking from the concussion.
"Set most of the power to the shields, but keep some fire on their hulls! We need to keep them distracted!"
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
Neither do I. Do you know how many cells there are in your body? No

Well, try keeping count of every living being in a collected race of millions of billions.

(That's not how many ships I have, but i's probably around a million or so, though none are especially huge or special)

Oh, and also, the Collective view absorbtion as a gift and blessing, and an improvement to life

The Collective retreated back to their bases, but maintained a vigilant guard. Bodes of both alien species were gathered and fed into organic processors, which in turn spat out new members of the Collective

Any wounded, of any species, were given treatment, but the Collective knew little of Volictor and human anatomy, and for many lost causes, the only option was to be drawn into the Collective and given the enhancements to mind and body that allowed control of the body's own healing processes. In this way, the Collective gained new ground troops, and the Hivemind gained knowledge gleaned form the memories of the saved foes


A message came through:
"This is Admiral Sylvan Dol-Kar of the Novavores!. State your business on planet Earth and explain your actions against the Volictors."

The Hivemind turned a section of it's huge intellect toward the sender, and focused on the mind of Sylvan Dol-Kar, projecting the image of Dest, to put the Admiral at ease. The thought came through

I am Dest, and I speak for the Collective. We are here on our galactic Pilgrimage, and we have found the Volictors attacking the humans of Earth. We tried to stop the conflict, but they would not relent. We have attacked to prevent the mindless savagery, and to defend the humans
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
"This is Admiral Sylvan Dol-Kar of the Novavores!. Request that you withdraw your fleet
from Earth airspace as you are in a conflict zone. If you are here by mistake, we advise that you return immediately. If not, we politely ask that you state your business in this sector"


"Sir! Wait! There appears to be other races here! One just sent us a transmission!"

Mognarr opened the pod and walked back to the communication centre.

"Start transmission captain."

"Admiral Sylvan of the Novavores, we come in peace, we hope to negotiate a deal with the humans. What is the situation with the planet? How many different races are currently here? What are your intentions with earth? Transmission out."
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
"We're hit Shipmaster we're hit, chambers are being flooded by ground troops, they're taking the ships..." The transmission cut off as the commander was shot down by an enemy trooper.

Kevlan sat back for a moment momentarily confused. what was a strategy for ground attack in space? What could he do? Finally he had reached a decision, and it would be carried out quite well if all went as planned. He boosted communications for a moment to launch an encrypted message to all ships, Activate emergency bulkheads, force them out the vacuum chambers. His men would die as well, but better to have an empty ship than another enemy to fight.

He was about to order another salvo on the fleet when a crash swept the deck. "We've been hit by a Needle sir." was the frantic transmission before the room was overrun. They couldn't empty this ship it was their main command. Kevlan granned his favorite melee weapon, a savage axe,We are taking back this ship, boost all shields and fire another salvo, charge the black hole generators, and hold this deck that is an order
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
"High Chief, the TICKS were a success! We're slowly taking their ship."
Tun-Dar nodded in satisfaction, but didn't take a break to celebrate.
"Alright, get some more ready. And prepare a special one for me."
The crew around him momentarily stopped. "High Chief?"
"You heard me! I plan on getting that Ladredas leader myself. Their is a debt that needs to be paid."
His crew nodded, though some gave worried glances to each other.
Tun-Dar simply passed them off, and went to prepare himself. "Once more battle-ships come in, have them start attacking the rest of the Ladredas ships. Keep TICKS at the ready, so that they may deploy once the enemy has weakend."
Tun-Dar went to his room, gathered his Battle Armor, Hammmer and laser pistol, then went to his TICK. Once it was filled with his most trusted warriors, he was ready to launch.
"To Battle!" he roared as the doors closed.
The capsule launched, going straight for the Ladredas main-ship.

And now i'm off to work. See you guys later tonight!
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
"Admiral, we are picking up a response from the Collective. We cannot match it directly through our translators. The readings indicate a tremendous fluctuation in alpha waves. They could be trying to communicate via telepathy" the navigator began. "We could match it through our translators via a proxy filter but that may take some time to setup" he continued. "We do have a response from the new race though.."

"Patch it through" Sylvan replied. He listened to the Captain of the new fleet respond and sent the following message in response:

This is to the unidentified fleet in Earth's orbit, I regret to inform you that you are the sixth race present here. A war has broken out between the others, regarding matters about the planet Earth. Business with the Earthlings will be impossible for a while till the matter is resolved. It would seem that whichever conclusion we come to, the Earthlings will suffer much. We, the Novavores were here, looking for peaceful settlement. However, the aggressive actions taken by the others now hinder our option of diplomacy and negotiation with the Earthlings. We see little choice now but war. End transmission."

"Admiral, we have the message from the Collective decoded" Siran stated suddenly. He played the audio log of the Collective message,

I am Dest, and I speak for the Collective. We are here on our galactic Pilgrimage, and we have found the Volictors attacking the humans of Earth. We tried to stop the conflict, but they would not relent. We have attacked to prevent the mindless savagery, and to defend the humans

Sylvan stood from his chair. Rage was beginning to fill his thoughts. He began coding a message for the Collective. Dest, what does the collective intend to do with the planet?. Your battle has serious implication with our plans. Now, we can no longer conduct successful diplomacy with the humans. Thus, we don't care what happens to them. We do however wish to inquire about your intentions with the planet!. Ending Transmission

Just a heads up. The Novavores are big giant robots, with a biological skin covered by mechanical armor. They don't do too well with psychic communication, seeing that they have a computer for a brain and all that.
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Langthrax looked up at the oncoming great battle up ahead. He sighed a long, deep sigh, which was impressive for what was basically a cloud of mist. He just knew this was going to be problematic for their research. He didn't even need to hear the commands to know what he had to do.

"Langthrax, we have just recieved information from home planet. It's official sir. We're at war."

He sighed again. "I knew it. Oh well, everyone, get to the ships. If they're going to put up a fight we'll give them one."

He went to his Ghost and started to give commands from his office.

"Listen up, I will take Europe with 10 flying tanks. All the other fleets I want spread out as evenly as possible over America, China and Japan, Africa, the rest of Asia and South America. Set up overhead and then prepare for battle."

Meanwhile, as they started to take off, people noticed some suspicios looking clouds overhead.

The Ghost (1 of): The head ship, this is the army's most powerful ship, with 15 super pulse cannons (Like my character's one, except can fire up to 2.5 atmospheres of pressure upon a target), 23 rocket launchers, and 35 Machine turrets. It is about 200m long and 50 wide. Can store over a million people in it.

The Secrets (About 20 of): These ships are designed for tactical support. Although not that well fitted artillery wise (With just 15 rocket launchers) they are only 55 m long and 25 wide and can turn fully invisible when not attacking so they can be very subtle. Most commonly used for sneaking round.

The Flying Tanks(About 45 of): These ships are the most common ones, equipped with 3 super pulse cannons, 20 rocket launchers and machine turrets. They are about 150m long and are the same wide.

The Decoys (About 30 of): These ships look just like the flying tanks, except are completely unmanned. Only clear difference is the computers only use missile launchers. However, they double up as medical ships as well, being able to store up to about 10000 troops at once with a full medical supply.

All of their ships can change shape and look (Like themselves) but weapons never change.

Sorry for not posting sooner, didn't realise it started.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
The Hivemind considered, then sent new message to the Novavores.

On our Pilgrimage, we search the galaxy for beings to add to our Collective. It is a union ofthe mind, bringing great secrets of the body along with it. I myself am from the third planet of the star known by the humans as Alpha Centuri, but the Collective have been traveling for thousands of years before.

We came to Earth in search of potential new members of the Collective, but instead we found these warlike races, gathering for a great battle. We do no oppose wars between equally matched forces, for it is a part of nature and necessary to the development of every race, but we object to mindless slaughter. Therefor, we did not interfere with the quarreling fleets, but felt it was our duty to intervene and stop the Volictor's wanton killing

Be assured, our intentions are merely to offer an improvement in life to certain humans. We have no sinister plot
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Langthrax looked down over the city of Berlin he was currently circling, cleverly disguised as a plane over the airport.

"Troops, send out a message to all species nearby."

He coughed for a second, before beginning his speech:

Alien species, listen up. We are the infectors. We have come solely for the research and study of mankind. We have been here for about 20 years now, and have gathered plenty of information about the creatures here on this planet. However, we aren't even half way with our research and are starting to have worries about this invasion of yours.

If this message reaches Earthlings, we come in peace. We have not come for invasion nor have we ever done so with planets before. We only work for our studies. You have no reason to think of us as a threat.

However, aliens, if you plan on jeopardising our research with elimination of the human race so be it. And your blood will fall to that of the infectors. We have whole armies prepared, camoflaged and ready for battle, all we need is an opponent. We mean to come in peace but if war is necessary, then war it shall be. Threaten us with violence and we will respond appropriately.


He switched the communicator off. "Now, we just wait and see."
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Fracksha! though Kalrafex. How about we just call a conference of species? Get all these introductions out of the way
Although anger reared up in its head, it still realized that having a fight in space and on ground with two enemies at the same time was a bad tactical move. In light of this, the ground forces were told to hold their lines until the situation above Earth was under control.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
The needle exploded on the lower deck obliterating much of the personal there. Kelvan stood there watching as warriors emerged from the pod, one however looked at him with a look of death, that warrior wanted his blood.

Kevlan turned to his soldiers,Men! People will write stories about our heroics, of our conquests, but there is no bigger conquest then a planet that we can live on, and we will live on it. You give up your lives today so that many generations will live on this planet of our prophecy. This inferior species threatens that will he let them, not while there's still an axe in my hand.

With that speech the army turned and faced the enemy head on as they always had. These Ramgrogs were known for amazing hand to hand combat skills; well they were about to be put to the test.
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
A sqadron of missile and laser Drones flew over the Infector ship, the mechanical eyes recorded every movement, the AI listened in on all communication from the ships. A message was sent to the Nomad, where Sylvan was observing the unfolding events.

"More races!" he grumbled as the report of the Infectors came through. After listening to their transmission however, his mood brightened. "Looks like we have yet another guardian appearing to save Earth."

He looked at his Battle Management screen. The Volictors are fighting through most continents, the Collective are regrouping and now the Infectors are holding over Germany. Sylvan paused his assessment. He knew they had to make their own interests a priority.

"Commander Ralfix" the High Keeper spoke into the intercom. "Alert the Drones on Earth to form a No-Fly Zone over the continent of Australia. Order them to shoot down anything and everything that strays too close to that region. Send 2 additional support Drone squadrons to maintain the perimeter. It is very important that they do not engage the humans. Also send the Earthlings a brief transmission, inform them that we come in peace and that we are quarantining the region for their own safety. Once that's done, activate the warrior models on all ships. Debrief them and have them on standby. Once the drones have secured the region, prepare the drop pods."

Sylvan looked at the screen. He was going to hold the last bastion of humanity, the continent of Australia, from the invaders. He was not about to let the destruction of the war spread any further. Once the dust had cleared, then the Novavores would see if they would go to war with the survivors or not.
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
"Langthrax, we have noticed ships circling around the ghost." Langthrax heard this over the intercom. He was curious into why so quickly.

"What species?"

"Analysing now. Hmm, that's strange."

"What?"

"There appears to be no living biological lifeform on the vessels."

"That does sound strange. We only use unmanned ships in serious battles, so why are they so keen on using them so soon? Does it look like they might attack?"

"Not yet. They seem to be just... watching. What do you want me to do for now?"

"Nothing, I'm going to a scouting point. Lets see if we can get a better view."

The scouting points on the ship were half capsules that were completely transparent. From here, he could clearly see the surrounding ships. Except, they weren't ships, they were... robots?

"Switch the communicator on again, only this time, direct it at the robot over there."

I am Langthrax, leader of the infector army, J-Division, recruitment 14-F. As I have said before, we are solely here for scientific and biological research, and will only fight to keep our test subjects alive. Please deliver this message to your leaders, and ask for them to state their intentions as well. If not stated, we will destroy all the robots surrounding our fleet. If your intentions are to fight us, we will destroy all the robots surrounding our fleet. I assume that the majority of them will be yours.

He switched the communicator off and returned to his office.
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
Come in Novavore captain, we wish to make a deal with the earthlings, thier destruction would eventually mean ours. Do you need any help protecting the humans, we have soldiers and can assist in the protection of the humans.

Mognarr paced around the deck, waiting for a response.
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
The communication link from a laser drone went online. It transmitted a priority message back to the flagship Warstar. "Admiral!, our drones have picked up a transmission from the Infector ship. Commencing audio playback" the navigator informed. The message was played over the battle bridge, Sylvan listened intently. "Send the following to their ship" Sylvan ordered.

Langthrax, leader of the Infectors. I am Sylvan Dol-Kar, Admiral of the Novavore fleets and High Keepers of the Codes. Our mission here is to settle the planet via diplomacy, to co-exist with the humans. However, with the increased presence surrounding Earth and the aggressive campaign taken on the surface, we are now faced with a dilemma. Earthlings will not negotiate while their planet is under attack and now much of their planet is scarred with warfare. To prevent utter anarchy, we are maintaining a stronghold over the Pacific Rim while monitoring hostile action in the surrounding regions. To preserve the planet surface and ecosystems, we are quarantining the only unmarred region from alien vessels. If any spacecraft, including your ship, was to approach the quarantine zone, we will be forced to obliterate your vessel. End Transmission!

Sylvan had just replied to the message, when he received an incoming transmission from the other small fleet.

This is Dol-Kar. Earth will need all the protection force it can get. Advise that you draw up a battle plan. There are at least three races that wish harm to befall the humans or the planet. We advise caution when dealing with these races and in the event of battle, we wish you good hunting!. Dol-Kar out!

Sylvan resumed monitoring the events around him. The drones had already set up a grid patrol over the Pacific region of Earth. Surrounding strategic positions, missile drones were placed to provide heavy firepower and supporting these were the laser drones. The remaining drone squadrons were organized into regimental patrols that swept the boarders of the quarantined zone like a swarm of bees. Their weapons were armed and ready to nullify any intrusion.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
The Hivemind had been thinking idly, and parts of transmissions were picked up by accident. From the shards of conversations, it concluded that there was an alliance building up, with aims to defend Earth. It considered, and sent a message to the Novavore Capital ship

It is apparent to us that you are creating a joint force to protect the humans. We have the same aim in mind, and offer our support to you alliance
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
"Langthrax, we have a message from the fleet surrounding us." came in over the Ghost's intercom.

"Very well then. Let's hear it." He listened to the message in full, before starting to look into replying:

Sylvan Dol-Kar, it seems we then have pax. Seeing as you have no intention on harming the humans we have no reason nor intention to go against you. Coincidentally, we will, under all circumstances avoid entering your area. In return, we expect no harm to our ships and people, and no harm to the humanoids or any other creature on this planet. I won't do the same either.

I have called back my fleet now from all the various countries, in order to maintain a stronghold on Germany, as there has been news of attacks spreading through Western Europe. However, you can have no fear of us intending on revealing ourselves to earthlings as that may also compromise our research. We have disguised our ships and are not intending on revealing our identity unless the country's attacked by the invading species.

Coincidentally, we would prefer it if we didn't have your robots surrounding us. They are making some of our soldiers paranoid and if we had intentions of taking them out we would have done so by now. Also they may gather the attention of humans, something neither you nor us want.


He paused for a second.

Also, seeing as we're on the same side, if you're interested in a joint force, I am willing to offer, just send a message explaining that to us.

He then sat back in his office, looking out over Germany, where a strange amount of clouds were showing up.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
When the pod tip exploded, Tun-Dar rushed out, his mighty hammer at the ready. Looking through the cloud of debris, he could guess that we was in some sort of control room. Then he spied his first enemy. It was a 7' foot creature with an oddly colored mask.
"FOR THE FALLEN!" roared Tun-Dar, charging the enemy with his hammer raised.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Kevlan saw their leader charge at him bellowing a savage war cry, he smiled and cracked his neck, this was going to be fun. He raised his axe and parried the hammer blow blasting them both back. He then swung the axe missing his target but slicing another enemy clean in half. Apprehension crossed Tun-Dar's face, but only for a moment before they clashed again.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
This is going to be more dificult then I thought. Tun-Dar circled his enemy, watching for an opening. He was impressed that this creatures axe was able to parry his mighty hammer.
He gave a few warning swings to try to keep it occupied. When one hit kept the axe down, Tun-Dar sent his head flying forward, his horns connecting with his enemy's forhead. Tun-Dar heard a satisfying crack, and thought he had this battle.
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
"Set the pod for one of the friendly ships."

"Which one sir, there are-"

"I DON'T CARE! Just send me to one immediately, let us go Blred."

Mognarr and Blred entered the drop pod, tell them I wish to board the ship and make negotiations about an alliance.

[You guys can choose which ship I go on, just someone friendly. If you want me on your ship, just write that I boarded your ship.]
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
A pod launched, and the Hivemind followed it's course. It curved away from it's fleet, and headed toward the Collective herd. One of the great space-beasts turned and reached out lazily with a telekinetic brain the size of a house and drew the pod in to be accepted through a two-section airlock/mouth

Once the pod had been taken in, the creatures inside were analysed and a suitable atmosphere provided. Diplomat-biologists went forth into the specially conditioned area, their lungs altered for the new air, and stood waiting for the pod to open
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Kevlan staggered back blood pouring from his forehead, his mask had broken, his legacy shattered by this....lesser thing. I will stain a new mask with you blood,he cried as he ran at the beast determined to feast on this one's flesh and blood. His axe swung at the beast, but his foe ducked and smashed his knee. Kevlan was lost now, he had never lost a battle he was good, he was goodUntnor he swore under his breath before getting up again.

He faked with the axe then when his enemy ducked caught him in an uppercut with the handle.
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
Mognarr cleared his throat as the pod opened,

"Hello, I am Mognarr, I plan to make negotiations with the humans, their destruction would be most unfortunate. I came to your fleet to make an alliance, with our small fleet, we stand no chance against the other races."
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
I never got feedback on the results of the space fight. Going back to foot stuff now. Hope this is all legit.
Noticing the Hivemind's business, Kalrafex chose to have his ground forces expand their bases. Because the Hivemind was so focused on the newcomers, it failed to notice the Volictor forces amassing. As soon as the first shots were fired and the battle began, however, its attention was drawn to the combat instantly.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
When the handle smashed into Tun-Dar's jaw, his vision blurred and he tasted blood. Staggering, he tried to take another swing but the Ladredas dodged him and jumped to a nearby open tube. As soon as its whole body was in, the tube closed and the Ladredas descended immediately, barely missing Tun-Dar's hammer. It merely smashed into the tube, crushing it and the wall behind it.
"BAKIT!" cursed Tun-Dar, foot stomping on a nearby corpse in anger.
"High Chief!" Tun-Dar turned and saw his officers rushing towards him.
"Did you find the control room?" he snapped, pulling his hammer out of the wall.
"Actually, High Chief, you found it."
Tun-Dar looked around, and a slow smile spread on his snout. "So, that was their leader? Impressive. I shall eagerly await our next confrontation."
"Should we try to find him, High Chief?" one of the officers asked.
Tun-Dar thought for a moment, looking at the blood that coated his fur.
"...No." His officers gave him a confused look.
"We have his ship. We leave him for later."
So that you may learn that I am worth more then you think, Ladredas. And maybe then you'll be a challenge.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Kevlan landed in the throne room, and began typing furiously on the computer backing up every piece of data he could. He felt the ship lurch slightly, the enemy was taking control of his ship. He wasn't about to let that happen. He sent out one final override. The first thing was to send the attack orders on the black hole generators which fired immdietly. The second order was the self destruct codes.

That done he paged Last Resort signaling to pick him up. He recieved the conformation codes, leaped into his escape pod, Another time he thought as his pod left the station and the countdown started with no way of reverting it.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Tun-Dar walked around the deck of the control-room, examining the computers with his engineers. Suddenly, one of them cried out in shock. "High Chief! The ship, it's been set to self destruct!"
"What?! Shut it down!" he screamed. "We can't sir. We only have a few minutes left!"
Tun-Dar cursed again, but didn't waste his time. "Get every one of our troops still breathing back to those capsules. They have a escape pods for just this reason."
"But High Chief, half our troops are too deep into the ship! They'll never make it back to their capsules!" cried one of the officers.
Tun-Dar turned to look the officer in the eyes. "..I know." He then entered the capsules, his officers quickly following behind.

As the ship blew to a million pieces, and as a the main ship picked up the surviving capsules, Tun-Dar prayed for forgiveness.
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
Outgoing Novavore Transmission:

Langthrax, you have the word of the Novavores that no harm shall befall the humans within our territory. However, the fate of the humans beyond our borders are no longer our concern. Understand, that we did not intend for this war to occur and while this conflict troubles us greatly, we now have little choice but to accept it as a necessary evil. Thus, we will not actively thwart the Volictors unless they cross into our region.

Protocol stipulates to us that we must, in the very least, shelter a few of the natural inhabitants of the planet as they form a key part of the planets ecosystem. Hence, our containment force around the Pacific Rim region. We can reveal little else to you at the moment but rest assured that we are in common agreement. We shall not harm the humans but we will not defend them either, at least not beyond our chosen region.

We respect and understand your presence in this sector. As such, we shall withdraw our drones from your vicinity. Good hunting, Dol-Kar out!
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Back on a dreadnought Kelvan was brought to the command table, "Sir it's an honour to have you on this ship," The Last Resort's captain spoke. Kelvan shot him twice taking then man's seat. Two shipmasters could never command one ship. Get me a secure line to those escape pods he said.

Back in the small escape pods Tun-Dar watched as Kevlan's face appeared on his monitor,It's funny how things can go from good to bad so terribly fast, he said with a grin.

"So what Your ship is gone, I won that round," The Ramgrog retorted.

Yes you did now it's time to repay the favor.

A salvo of black hole generators ripped through space and towards the Ramgrog High command ship. Tun-Dar was forced to watch as his prize ship was slowly compacted and sucked through the rift to who knows where

How sad
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
"YOU BASTARD!" Tun-Dar roared, but the screen went black. Tun-Dar smashed it anyway, just to vent his anger.
"High Chief, what shall we do now?" asked on of the soldiers. "It'll still be a while before the rest of the fleet shows up, and we're sitting ducks out here!" The other soldiers eyed the window that showed the outside void, with an uncomfortable look at the other alien ships.
Tun-Dar shrugged. "The only thing we can do. Land on that planet and set up a beacon for pick up." He then took manual control over the ship and pointed it toward the blue sphere.
"It be good to take a look at our new home." Tun-Dar whispered, and their descent began.

Sorry, i'd do fancier and better writing, but midnight is not good writing time. please don't let this me a impression of my writing skills, as I can do better.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Midnight is late I didn't expect perfection. I've seen your writing it's damned fine don't even worry about it, but after this post I'm out for a couple of hours so have a good night all I'll post again in a couple hours if your still on.

Kelvan laughed as he saw the Shipmaster's reaction to his display of force. "Sir they're landing on the planet."

Plot a course there, we need to scout out our new home anyway.
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Langthrax listened to the transmission from Dol-Kar from one of the scouting posts. He liked these places rather than his office to look at an army because of the horizontal wall-mounted glass half-capsules meaning you could look all the way round and underneath you. He listened to the transmission, saw the drones withdraw, and decided to respond appropriately:

Dol-Kar. First of all, thank you for withdrawing your drones from this sector. If there is anything we currently don't want to worry about, it's fighting armies who are on the same side as us.

We understand why you're only protecting the humans in your region. Standard protocol asks for us to keep a minimal amount of the species on a planet alive as well, even if it means we only get a sample of the investigation we want done. Thus we are keeping a stronghold over Germany and will only attack these Volicitors you speak of or any other invading race if they step into our sector, and will only question increasing our stronghold afterwords.

For now, this may be the last transmission we send to you. Best of luck sorting out diplomacy with the humans and as you put it; good hunting.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
No prob, I'll see what I can do...

Late result of Volictor/Collective space fight:

Several ships were shot down, and the Collective returned fire, but the Hivemind decided that control of any specific area was unimportant, and so the fleet retreated to a safe distance and regrouped


More up to date action:

As the pod's passengers stepped out, one began to speak, and for a oment the Collective could not understand. With the Hivemind distracted, the Diplomats acted on their own, tuning their psychic frequencies to those of the speaker, in time to understand the last of his words

"I came to your fleet to make an alliance, with our small fleet, we stand no chance against the other races."

The leading diplomat, who had quickly assumed the position due to his supirior mental powers, stepped forward and bowed

"I have no doubt," he said, "That we would be honoured to join forces, and maybe we could negotiate ourselves. However, such decisions are not mine alone, and you must present your offer to a, uh, higher authority. Please, walk this way."

The newcomers were lead out of the room, and through a series of re-atmosphered tunnels until they found themselves in a large room, in the centre of which was a large dome. Through a transparent section, a vast brain could be seen.

"Please, approach the dome and, uh, think about your proposal" said the diplomat, ushering them forward


On the planet's surface:

The Hivemind had not noticed the Volictor approach, but the troops themselves had. As the Volictors attacked, a new force ran to meet them: the combat biologists

These were not the ordinary Collective troops, able to adapt and change over short periods of time. No, these soldiers flowed like liquid flesh, constantly changing and mutating to fit every new moment.

Some fell to the Volictors' shots, but they travelled fast, and suddenly the entire wave crashed into the attackers, slicing and crushing and tearing and biting in a terrifying flood of sheer vicious life force

It was at this point the Hivemind's attention returned, and suddenly the counter-attack took on an extra preternatural quality, every warrior guarding the other back, seeing through each others eyes

Then, the Hivemind focused it's power through Dest, who had been among the counter charge. With a roar, he tore the battle lines asunder with sheer mental force, and he and a group of others broke through and circled round, attacking the Volictors from behind and trying to trap them
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
Think? Did he say think? Erm, ok then. Ahem... Mr. uh... Brain. I would like to suggest a proposal, perhaps an alliance is in order to defeat the attacking aliens. We wish to make negotiations with the humans and their destruction would be most unfortunate. We seem to share the feeling that the humans are a young race, that they should be saved, able to keep their planet. So, thank you for considering my proposal, I would imagine you are busy battling, so I will wait patiently for your response.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
A tingle of mental activity alerted the Hivemind, and it quickly determined it came from an alien thinking in close proximity to a ship's main brain, which was so psychically active as to detect the through almost on automatic. Running further checks, it realised that certain individuals had predicted this result, and considered using one as a speaker in future. But first, it replied to the thought

We are never too busy, single being, came the massive thought inside the alien's brain, Only distracted. We agree, and accept your offer of joint operations. However, we too would make you an offer in turn.

We search the galaxy for beings worthy of our gift of mental unity, and we judge you to be worthy candidates. Would you, or any of your race, desire to be accepted into our Collective? Doing so costs you nothing, and you retain all personality, but with a link to all others, and with augmented control over ones body.

One so accepted would still able to live as he did before, and we would make no demands. We merely offer this chance for greater life
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
I'm not sure I fully understand the calibre of what you suggest. Will you have control over me? I wish to keep my own body and mind, is it merely telepathic communication with others?
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
It is as much as you want it to be. You will be linked to our shared 'Hivemind', but your mind will remain your own. However, you will be able to assess the knowledge and experience of the 'Hivemind', but by it's very nature, you will be influenced by the information, and in effect, controlled. It will, of course, be your choice to do so.

As to your body, you will have vastly greater control over it, and in time, you will be able to alter it for your benefit. Again, though, whether or not you do so is up to you
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
HHmmm... I suppose I could try it, if you gain no control over me, and I can keep in constant communication.

Mognarr's assistant stood by, waiting for orders,

"Ok, we are going to get something special in our brains, we will be pioneers alright? I don't think it will hurt."

Ok, just me and my assistant for now, it wont hurt will it?
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
Of course not. Now, you may want to sit, as you will be unconscious for a few seconds afterwards

They sat, and suddenly, a huge wave of psychic energy washed over them, sizzling into their brains, changing and remoulding, creating new areas. Darkness welled up, and when they woke, the thoughts of the Hivemind sounded in their minds

It is done. You will be able to communicate with the hivemind at all times, and with any member of the Collective by mind alone. Soon, you will develop your own psychic powers, and your power of your bodies will swell and grow
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Upon hearing of the new developments on the ground, Kalrafex immediately decided to land and take to the battle personally.
They had lost 500k of their soldiers in the first part of the counterattack by the Collective in one of the landing zones, but their losses were significantly reduced in the sites away from Dest.
On that battlefield, the Volictors were surrounded by the collective's soldiers. However, since they were grouped together, they were able to form up a very strong defense against the creatures of flowing flesh. Their defense was aided by constant blasts from the cannons of all the ships that had landed to form their bases.
And, it was at the base where Dest was opposing the Volictors that Kalrafex landed to take the fight into his own hands.
Does Dest have a recharge time on his abilities?
 

Shapsters

New member
Dec 16, 2008
6,079
0
0
Woah! That sure is an odd feeling, I can hear everyone, is there a way to turn it off?

"How do you feel Blred?"

"Quite odd sir, but quite powerful!"
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
No recharge time as such, but too much energy put through him will simply blow him to shreds, so the Hivemind usually hold back. In other words, his powers work any time, but it's best to allow time to recover. Also, the super-massive powers don't work unless the Hivemind takes direct control, which would disadvantage the Collective as a whole

Dest also has his own, less powerful psychic powers that are the equivalent as ranged weapons

The Collective forces were hit by the cannon fire, but as they fought among the Volictors, so were their foes.

Telepathically, Dest saw through another soldier's eyes, and spotted Kalrafex entering the battle. He disconnected himself from the Hivemind and lengthened his legs, then jumped over the battlefield. As he came down, the Collective troops cleared an area and continued fighting seamlessly, and he landed to face Kalrafex with a bow

"Tell me," he asked, "Do the Volictors have such a thing as a duel?"
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
"We do indeed. Clear some room!"
At those words, the Volictors surrounding the two leaders formed a large ring around them, to keep any outside forces from interfering.
"Should Dest survive, he is to be let out of the base unmolested. Are we clear?"
Forgoing any weapons, Kalrafex merely loosened up his body, getting ready for the fight.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
Yes, came the thought-message of the Hivemind, If you simply attempt to ignore the mental static, it should fade, but if someone needs to contact you, they will impede into your thoughts like someone interrupting a conversation

On the ground, Dest stepped into the ring, and put a bend in his legs, so that they remained 8 feet long, but doubled up behind him like those of a cricket.

He reshaped his body, adding muscle but slimming it down to be as fast as possible, while also developing armour-like scales all over his body, and eventually he stood 8 feet tall and ready for battle
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Seeing this transformation, Kalrafex's respect for his adversary grew.
That is indeed an interesting trick he thought.
Pushing aside any nagging doubts, Kalrafex sprang forward, opening with a strike directed at Dest's left thigh.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
Dest simply moved his left foot back, moving the leg out of the way, struck Kalfrex with a bolt of telekinetic force to put him balance, and lunged with a disembowelling kick with his massive right leg
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Reacting quickly, Kalrafex was able to put a hand of razor-sharp blades in front of his stomach before getting hit by the vicious kick.
I'll let you decide what happens to your guy's foot/leg
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
The kick landed, but Kalrafex's claws dug into Dest's foot. He grunted in pain, and morphed his hand into a large poison-sting, even as he lunged for Kalrafex's belly

And now it's you turn.

Would it be better if we sorted this out by PM, then one of us posted the whole fight?
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
The capsule screamed through the sky, hull turning bright red as it passed from one atmosphere into a nother. It sped through the clouds and rushed toward a small field.
On impact, the force blasted the whole crop to the ground, leaving a giant crater in the middle.
The capsule smoldered in its hole, not moving. Suddenly, it began to jerk. Audible bumps could be heard from inside.
*Bam!BAM!*BY RATH, OPEN YOU BLASTED METAL!*BAM!*
The door of the capsule was smashed open and the smoke cleared as the compacted air blew out. Coughing and hacking, Tun-Dar made his way out. The rest of his squad followed, all gratefully breathing in deep breaths of air.
"Alright, we're alive. Now form up!" Tun-Dar ordered. The troops quickly aligned, and he made a mental note of his troops. Hmm...20 warriors, 4 engineers, and enough supplies to last us a few days.
Tun-Dar then gave a quick look around the new area. It was all flat with a few more fields a way off. Looking to his left, Tun-Dar spotted an odd shaped structure. It was very wide and tall, with rectangular-shaped walls and a rounded roof. On one side were massive doors, almost reaching the top of the wall.
"Alright, my comrades. We'll bunker there until we know where we are and what we need to do."
he said, then made his way to the brown colored structure.

Somewhere in the Mid-west of the US, in case you wanted to know.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Neonbob said:
ThreeWords said:
Neonbob said:
Yeah, that sounds like the best option here.
ThreeWords said:
The kick landed, but Kalrafex's claws dug into Dest's foot. He grunted in pain, and morphed his hand into a large poison-sting, even as he lunged for Kalrafex's belly
Luckily for Kalrafex, the natural armor plating of its species was enough to deflect the thrust of the poison stinger, but the blow was enough to send it skidding back ten feet, and knock the wind out of it.
Recovering, it used the mounted void-cannon to send him flying at Dest faster than a leap alone could have hoped to achieve.
Targeting the poison-stinger, still outstretched from the blow, Kalrafex swung his left claw-hand.
Dest straightened both legs, raising him several feet higher, and moving his upper body out of harms way. He quickly stepped away and moved down to usual height, and fired several bolts of psychic energy, as a tail began to form
Though its move had been thwarted, Kalrafex dug its claws into the ground, swinging around and moving into a kick, aimed at Dest's leg.
This is now just getting irritating. It's like trying to hit the breeze! Kalrafex thought.
ThreeWords said:
Neonbob said:
ThreeWords said:
Seeing Kalrafex's irritation, Dest smiled,

"I'll come down if you want" he said, and Suddenly, his legs warped and shrivelled, while his arm and leg muscles bulged out, and his tail formed fully, a long, thick, articulate limb with a sting on the end

Dest stepped in, feinted with a punch and swung his tail to strike Kalrafex's leg
Caught off guard by the sudden change again, Kalrafex ended up kicking a leg that was much sturdier than the original target. Falling to the floor, it reacted by catching Dest's fist, and barely managed to escape the brunt of the blow from the tail by pushing up with both legs and the free arm. However, the tail still caught Kalrafex's calf as it completed the swing. Keeping a firm grip on Dest's hand, c was flipped over twice, but in doing so twisted Dest's arm around with it.
forgot about the psychic part.
Don't worry, it's not that important

Dest laughed, and his shoulders rippled. Suddenly, his arm lunged backwards, his upper body having rearranged to allow total freedom of moment. He spun, kicked at Kalrafex and leapt back

"You can't win like this. How can hope to defeat me by sheer bodily combat? I will always have the advantage. Just give it up"
"We're known for being stubborn, you know," Kalrafex replied.
"And it is kind of fun to fight someone like you. It's like a training dummy or something."
ThreeWords is going to bed now. More of this will be put up later.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
The Last Resort Touched down following the beacon set on the escape pod. He landed in the spot designated "United States." They found an abandoned escape pod, and fanned out to try to find them.
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
Sylvan watched as the space battle between the Ramgrogs and the Ladredas came to a climatic end. His mechanical fleet observed the black hole that sucked in the Ramgrog ship and the destruction of the Ladredas flagship. The Novavores began sending encrypted messages to one another, whispers of concern as the surviving aliens began launching emergency pods to Earth.

"The situation is changing rapidly. These two races are now heading to Earth as well. Undoubtedly, they will drag with them their war. What is your advice, High Keeper?" Commander Ralfix inquired.

"Intriguing!" Sylvan responded, lost in thought for a moment. "They are willing to die for this rock. Well, so are we!. Now is the time to act!. Activate the Warrior models!" the blue glow in his eyes sparkled as he spoke.
"The Novavores has seen enough. This invasion plague must end. They have shown little worth for laying claim to this planet. One race at a time, the hostiles must be exterminated"

Loading activation sequence...

Loading AI construct..

Loading Situational Awareness Program..

Loading Battle Management Systems..

Loading Tactical Protocols..

Loading Augment Calibration sequence..

Loading competed!

Initiating Infantry power up sequence..

Initiating Siege power up sequence..

All squadrons are now online.

Warriors are awaiting orders


Sylvan walked into the Hanger deck where part of the Warrior models were stored. Upon entering, the units formed into formidable battle formation. "What is your command?" they spoke in unison.

"My brethren!" Sylvan began. "Our new homeworld lies before us. However, our path is obstructed by many foes that lie between us and our prize. The enemy is threatening to exterminate the humans, but, if we are to settle this planet we need them alive. We stood by, hoping that their bickering will tear them apart, but they are unusually resilient and determined. They leave us with little choice. Today, I activate our Prime Command. Today, we go to war!" Sylvan's speech was met with a roar of approval.
"I want our defense squadrons to land and support our perimeter over the Pacific. Do not engage the humans. Reassure them that we mean them no harm. All other battle squadrons, infantry and siege alike, will follow me into the region called the United States. We have business there that needs taking care of" Sylvan armed his Nova Cannon augment before proceeding.
"Novavores!, let our presence be felt. Move into your drop pods and Good Hunting" he concluded.

The Nomad and the remaining Warstars were buzzing with activity. Pod bay doors across the fleet began to open. The infantry models formed compact rows within their designated drop pods, allowing for the 12 foot siege models to retract and house themselves in the spaces between. Withing the vacuum of space, the drop pods finally launched in silence. The defense squadrons altered their pod engines to land on strategic positions along the Pacific Rim. The attack squadrons plotted a course for mainland United States.

ETA: 15 minutes and 48 seconds.


Will be away for a few hours
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
"Langthrax, word is that two more species are landing on Earth, in the area called United States. What are your orders?"

Langthrax thought about this for a while. From what information he had gathered before, these United Staes are a very important aspect of their research, due to its change in geography amoung other things. "Get the the head of J-Division, recruitment 14."

A harsh voice came in over the communicator:

"What is it Langthrax head of exploration factor F?"

"Basic Protocol says we only need a sample of the species on the planet alive, commander, is that correct?"

"*sigh* Yes."

"Good, as that's what we're currently holding over the war. However, America has just recieved two more species fighting."

"What's your point?"

"What I'm asking for, Commander, is more troops."

"What?"

"America is a key area of study and research. If that area gets destroyed, we will have our work severely compromised."

"Look, you have the standard army size, same as any other exploration faction of recruitment faction 14."

"True, but every other exploration faction has already gotten close to finishing, due to the fact that their planets have no lifeforms on it. Surely there is one which has finished its work already?"

"Very well, I'll see what I can do."

"Than you, Commander. Langthrax out."

He turned to Langnuar, his second in command.

"What should I tell the troops."

"Tell them to keep their stronghold over Germany for now. Until we recieve information from the commander, that is our top priority." He looked out over the world. "Until we get a reply, all we can do is wait." as he saw the quarrelling fleets descend over the United States.
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
The RAS, Reconnaissance and Assault Squadron of the Novavore fleet led by Sylvan Dol-Kar, began its decent through Earth's atmosphere. The multiple pods streaked the air, the metallic skin glowing red with fire as it brushed the atmosphere while hurtling towards the ground. Through the external cameras, the crews inside the pods could view the events of the outside world. They were minutes away from landing.

Altitude 500feet..400feet..300feet..200feet, igniting reverse thrusters, the pods jolted as the thrusters came online, bringing the rapid decent to a controlled halt. The pods hovered over the ground for a few seconds before finally settling down in the middle of a giant open field. The pod computer began analyzing their location.

Current location: Central Park, region: New York, United States

The door to the pods opened and through one of them Sylvan stepped out. He paused for a minute to let the light of the sun fall on his armor. "This feels like home already" he let out an ear shattering roar that echoed through the deserted streets. One by one, the other Novavores disembarked and formed up behind their leader. The drones began to fly overhead, the siege bots extended their frames again regaining their 12 foot stature, the infantry readied their augments.

"Brethren!" Sylvan said simply "Battle formations, move out!"
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
The Conclusion to our duel!

Dest merely smiled in reply, then suddenly, a huge change came over him.

His tail twisted, grew a knee, and became another leg, while another swiftly grew. Dest shifted his weight onto all four while his upper body shifted and writhed, a second set of arms and shoulders sprouted from his ribcage.

These new arms were shorter and thinner, but had long, sharp claws. All four legs were now longer, and slimmer, resembling those of a spider

"Ready when you are," grinned Dest in his new form

"Oh for the love of irchs," Kalrafex muttered, "I've got to stop this soon."

Leaping into action, Kal ran right at Dest, before rolling under under the creature's midsection. Faking a hook to the back legs, the other clawed hand shot up in an uppercut, aimed at the torso. The blow landed, but the armoured scales absorbed the damage, and Dest was to stable to be staggered

Dest repositioned and replied with a hail of blows and scratches from all four arms, and kicks from the front legs. Kalrafex was hit multiple times, and thrown back again. The blows broke the cannon repeater mounted on its shoulder, however.

Annoyed, it shredded the mess with its claws and kicked the metal away. Springing forward again, it again rolled as if to go under Dest, but popped up by shooting an arm down. It soared over top of Dest, grabbing his neck while palming something with its free hand and plunging the contents held within as deep into the enemy's body as possible. That completed, Kalrafex jumped back off Dest, targeted the planted Phorfex grenade, and, whispering "Die well," Kal triggered the void cannon.

In sudden panic, Dest reached behind him, groping for the grenade. He wrenched it out, but it stuck instead to his hand. As a last resort, he lengthened the arm, armoured his body and charged toward Kalrafex

The crowd scattered, but the grenade exploded before they could escape. Many were consumed by the gouts of flame, and when the dust cleared, very little moved. Kalrafex could not be seen, but among the bodies, one stirred.

His body mangled and torn, kept alive by little more than his huge psychic reserves, Dest struggled weakly to move. The Hivemind focussed upon him, channelled huge healing energies, but little could be done through psychic forces alone. Other members of the Collective were sent to collect him,and the Volictors stood back, a temporary ceasefire had arisen from the duel's outcome

The Collective forces moved back with Dest among them, and returned him to the recycling-vats, there, with luck, to grow a new body

I've repositioned a few pieces to make it easier reading. Yell if there's a problem =P

Also, Kalrafex's fate is up to you
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Lurching up from where it had landed fifty feet away, Kalrafex's broken form staggered back to the lines. Eying the Collective forces that were walking away with their own broken leader, it was about to speak, then lost all strength and blacked out.
The Volictors carried Kalrafex back to the ship, and called for a hospice to come down.
Nice! Good spacing.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
The Ramgorg squad finally made it to the oddly shaped structure. They quickly made their way inside and shut the massive doors.
Before anyone could say anything, they heard a slight rustling coming near the real. Tun-Dar put his fingers on his lips and slowly crept towards the sound, keeping his weapon drawn.
He crept toward a low-laying pen, hay spilling out of the open side of it. Keeping his breath quiet, tried to identify where the creatures were hiding. However, it seemed as though the creature was just lying their. Taking a deep breath, he spun out of his hiding spot, weapon raised. "Keep silent and keep your hands down.." he began, but stopped when he saw the creature.
"Bhaa." it said.
"What is it, High Chief?" One of his troops said, laser-rifle armed in his tense grasp."
"Well, um, it's, ahhh...a Ramgrog?" he said, but was confused. It certainly had the same head-shape and horns, with fur and hooves. But it was incredibly small, barely reaching his knees.
"Ahh, it's a baby!" one of the soldiers said, coming to pick it up. "Dae-Se, now's not the time for games!" Tun-Dar growled, searching the rest of the room.
The soldiers huddled around, unsure what to do. Tun-Dar came back again. "Well, it seems like we're clear. We can stay here for a while, take a rest, then plan for..."
Tun-Dar's speech was cut short by a large sound outside. One of his soldiers picked out of the doors, then quickly slammed it.
"High Chief! It's the Ladredas! They've landed near here.!"
Tun-Dar was shocked for a moment, but it passed quickly. "Then we need to find a quick escape. He looked around again, and saw something with wheels near the back. Going closer, he saw it had four wheels, a enclosed seating area, and a large bed [http://dealer.webmakerx.net/Images/Picture/2006/December/lg_Red%20Dakota3.jpg]. It also had a wide trailer with rails on it's edges. Another similar vehicle, though smaller and without a trailer.
Going to his nearest engineer, he grabbed her and pointed to the vehicle. "Think you can operate that?" he asked.
"Um, well, High Chief, I...I did have some training in Alien Technology Operation, but that seems-"
"Excellent!" he said, and jumped in the bed of the truck. "Let's get out of here, and quick!"

For those of you wondering how one truck and a trailer can handle a squadron of large Goat-wo/men, it's a Dodge. With a Hemmy.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
The small squad Kelvan was leading came up to a building. It was strangely made, and a slight growl was coming from the inside. "Place charges on the door"

The squad rushed to place the charges and Kelvan stepped back. The planet was as perfect as he could imagine: Carbon based, Nitrogen based atmosphere, water everywhere, the potential was great. Here his people could reproduce, become more powerful then ever before, take control of the galaxy, and the stars further than that.

As he pondered this he heard the growling increase, louder and louder. Before the soldiers were done laying the charges, a craft of some sort blasted through the door, crushing his men and retreating quickly away. Kelvan let loose a barrage of fire hitting one or two soldiers, but failing to stop the speeding vehicle.
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Langthrax waited patiently in his white, rectangular office with a glass floor so he could look pver Earth when suddenly, a message came through on the intercom.

"Langthrax."

"Yes, commandor?"

"I've had a look at the documents of research round J-Division, recruitment 14."

"And the result."

"It seems that you are correct that the rest of them have either finished or are close to it, therefore, I will send you assisstance from exploration factions J, D and E. All three of them have already finished gathering research about their designated planet and therefore can help out in both the research and the war. Whilst you will still be in command of the total fleet, I expect you to treat their strategy opinions equally with yours."

"Thank you, commandor."

"They are on their way now. Commandor, out." was recieved when three more fleets of the same size as the previous infector fleet appeared from outer space. And three more voices were heard.

"Sahnung on."

"Chiefla on."

"Kahdoh on."

"Sahnung, Chiefla, Kahdoh, this is Langthrax. For now, the commandor has given me control over the whole fleet, yet I am told to treat you like equals. Now that we have a larger fleet though, we are going to war. Sahnung, you and I will go to the most damaged part of the world, known as United States. Chiefla and Kahdoh, I expect you to keep your disguises on and guard Germany. If any invading species comes close, take them out. Send this message to your fleets:"

Exploration factions J, D, F, and E. I am Langthrax, head of Exploration faction F. You have been summoned to this planet as you have finished collecting research from your assigned planet, and we need your help.

If you don't know yet, the planet you're hovering over is called Earth. Recently, several species have been trying to invade this planet. At risk of compromising our work, we have been asked to go to war.

At first we decided to keep to standard protocol, but after seeing how destructive some of these races are, and now seeing that two more have reached Earth, we have no choice other than to fight.

I already know of a species on our side. These are called the Novovores. They are robots in biological skin. Under any circumstance we will not fight them. Any other race though currently have unknown intentions, and until they become known they will be an enemy.

Here's the plan. Exploration faction J and F will come to these United States and fight the enemies. Factions D and E on the other hand will stay in Germany and keep a stronghold there. Remember, with the acception of the Novovores, any species that tresspass on Germany must be attacked. Also, if the Novovores attack our fleet or start to, then you have full right to respond in an attack.

Any questions can be sent to me via message or be sent to your leaders. That is all. Langthrax out.


And so, factions J and F went away, as a large number of what seemed to be clouds started to cross the Atlantic.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
After recovering, Kalrafex took command of the Volictor forces once again. All over the globe, bombers came swooping in, decimating cities and pockets of resistance near the Volictor landing sites, which had grown to 65 miles in average diameter.
When the airstrikes faded, the ground forces advanced.
Upon issuing these orders, a messenger appeared before Kalrafex. It brought news of the space battle, and the results of the clash. In response to the news, Kalrafex sent scouts to the last reported location of both parties.
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
"Langthrax, we are now over United States."

"Good. However, do not descend until ordered. We must find opposing troops first and don't want to give ourselves away to the humans yet." He replied as a strange number of rainclouds hovered over the Nevada desert.
 

ThreeWords

New member
Feb 27, 2009
5,179
0
0
Smashed by the air-strike, the Collective retreated to the safe-zone created by their AA turrets. A new tactic was needed.

Above, in orbit, millions of spores were launched, floating down toward the planet. They came down spread across all the magor landmasses, and wherever they landed, they grew into tiny organisms, which collected biomass, and in turn created bigger creatures.

Within the hour, Collective bases had sprung up all through Volictor territory and beyond, and the Hivemind had become aware of the new presences on the surface. Bio-diplomats were deployed, bearing no weaponry, and broadcasting a relaxing, peaceful aura to discourage violence and promote negotiation, and they made their way to Novavore, Ramrog and Ledredas bases
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
One of Kalrafex's scouts reached the area where the Ramgrogs and Ledredas were fighting.
It observed the unfolding events, and followed the vehicle containing the Ramgrogs. It failed to notice as it flew into a deep cloud bank, and lost communication.
Up to you!
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
The strange vehicle sped down a dusty road, Tun-Dar gripping it's side for dear life. He saw the charges go off right next to his head, nearly deafening him permanently. He tried to think of what to do next, but the erratic steering of his engineer made him constantly grab for support.

"Will you control this blasted thing!" Tun-Dar yelled, knocking on the window on the back of the vehicle.
"I apologize, High Chief, but this thing is difficult to control" the engineer yelled back, arms jerking at each bump they hit.

Trying to ignore his acking back-side, Tun-Dar tried to think of a strategy. Let's see...we have little supplies, no Intel on our position, any native here will probably be hostile, and our blood-enemies are nearby with better vehicles, weapons, and more soldiers...shit

"You! Dae-See!Check if our fleet has arrived yet!" Tun-Dar said to the small female engineer. She immediately took out a small, square computer, and started pushing buttons on it.
"No sign of them yet sir, but..." she stammered, and as she read the rest of the information, her face went pale.

"What?! What is it?"

Dae-See looked up from her computer, terror stricken on her face. "We have at least 4 races near our location, one of them the Ladredas."

Tun-Dar swore under his breath, then out loud when they hit a large bump. "Is one of those the one Kalrafex controls?" he said after some thought.
Dae-See checked her computer again. "Yeah...yes, I believe so."
"Send a emergency signal to them and ask for a pick-up. Then direct our driver to them."
Tun-Dar said, wincing as another bump hit them.

"Yes High Chief. But...High Chief? That Kalrafex did not seem that trust-worthy. He was agreeing to work with the Ledrades, after all. What will we do if he does not help us?"
Tun-Dar stared into the horizon, lost in thought.

"High Chief?"

He turned to the young female, a look of deep sadness in his eyes. "Then...we must surrender."
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Picking up the distress signal, Kalrafex decided to send down a hospice ship, as it was neutral to both sides. As it descended, it was flanked by an Inflector and a squadron of fighters as well.
As it planned a landing in front of the Ramgrogs, the hospice ship opened up a bay door to allow them and their vehicle inside.
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
"Captain, Volicitors have invaded our fleet."

"Fire the super pulse cannons." he called out, as 2.5 atmospheres of air pressure was fired out from various directions at the oncoming fleet.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
The hospice ship, Inflector and fighter ships were rocked as they entered the dense clouds. Several of the fighters were blown into each other, and crashed into the ground.
Alarmed, Kalrafex demanded to know what was causing the interference, and commanded the hospice ship to get to ground immediately.
That completed, it ordered a full range scan of the area for any kind of transmissions that were being emitted from the region.
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
"Langthrax, although we have successfully hit some ships, we did take some damage ourselves."

"Damage report?"

"Mostly minor, but small bits of major damage across the fleet. What are your orders?"

Langthrax looked at the ships that had just landed. "Don't attack. Lets see if they try and respond first."
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
When the giant ship landed, the Ramgorgs drove straight into the hangar that awaited.
"Whoo! Thank Rath you guys showed up!" one of the soldiers said, helping one of his injured comrades off of the vehicle.
"Indeed. Let your leader know he has the friendship of the Ramgrogs." Tun-Dar declared to the gathered medical crew. He looked for the highest ranking official, and strode to the nearest one he saw. "If I may, I would like to meet with Kalrafex. I have urgent information for him. Something that...will matter greatly for many races."
The officer bowed, and began leading Tun-Dar away. He turned briefly to his troosp. "Rest for now. As soon as our fleet arrives, send them a message for pick-up."
Tun-Dar continued to follwo the officer.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Going off a hunch, and remembering the scout ship that had been lost not long ago, Kalrafex ordered the Hospice ship and its escorts to fly up around the cloud bank shown on the monitors.
Receiving the news that Tun-Dar wished to speak, it ordered the flagship to head up to the main fleet, leaving the ground forces in control of a commander.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
"Bastard Kelvan cursed seeing his quarry leave with another race. Progress report, patch me through to the fleet"

The static crackled for a moment before his XO came clearly on the microphone, "We have minimized damages, we have the Ramrogs on the run victory is near."

Kelvan smiled, this was going to be his world no matter what anyone else thought. He began the long walk with his crew to the nearest population center
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
On the deck of the flagship, Kalrafex greeted Tun-Dar.
"You said you had something important to discuss," Kal stated.
It also ordered a scout ship to go speak with the Ladredas and see if they also needed a ship to come down for their wounded.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Kelvan was still walking with his crew when a small ship landed in front of him. He smiled a dark smile, his luck was still as good as ever. An alien species walked up to him

"The great master Kalrafex wishes to allow you aid and food on his ship do you accept?"

Kelvan didn't like to accept help, but he was in definite need of it,"Take me to your master"
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Hearing Kelvan's response, Kalrafex ordered another Hospice ship and guard squadron down to Earth to pick up the Ladredas. While their leader was on his way, Kal was still in conference with Tun-Dar, putting it in a precarious position.
Since it wanted to hear what Tun-Dar had to say, Kalrafex ordered his subcommander to take Kelvan on a tour of the flagship, in order to prevent a conflict from taking place on its vessel.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
"Sir I'm sorry the captain isn't ready to see you"

Kevlan put his hand around the man's throat and threw him against the wall,"What do you mean not ready?"

The being choked,"I'm sorry my lord will meet with you sson he isn't ready, that's all I can tell you." The being's eyes darted back and forth,"I can take you on a tour of the ship though.

"A tour are you kidding m...." All of a sudden it clicked he had a free reign to recon on another possible foe, he set the subcommander down,"Lead away"
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
After Kevlan had been taken on a tour around the living quarters, one of the AA gun stations, and the mess hall, Kalrafex decided that it could no longer afford to stall an ally against the Earth. Ordering the guide to take Kevlan up to the bridge, Kal. told Tun-Dar to wait in the commanding office under guard.
Kevlan was escorted onto the bridge, where the two commanders met for the first time.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
"Why thank you. I designed most of it myself. You'll understand why I didn't have the tour extended to the full weapons stations. What is your situation of late?"
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Kalrafex pauses for a moment, then speaks again.
"I'm afraid that I'm still awaiting some crucial information from Tun-Dar. Once I know the information he has to share, I would be more than happy to provide the two of you with a suitable battleground in the center of one of my camps. But, until then, it would be best for all concerned to remain calm, and patient."
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
"High Keeper, we have xeno activity in the region beyond this ridge" a Siege warrior spoke turning to Sylvan. "We are picking up transmissions from the Volictors and the Ladredas" he continued.

Sylvan paused to assess the surroundings. He could see the Volictor Hospice ship reaching escape velocity and a group of Ladredas surrounding the ground zone. He turned to his second in command.

"Call in an air strike around the Ladredas zone" he said simply. A second afterwards, several squadrons of missile drones began flying overhead. Their weapons were armed and locked onto the Ladredas.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Kelvan was about to respond when a transmission came through, "We're under attack by a new race what are your orders?"

Damnit arm black hole generators and fire when ready.
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
"High Keeper!, the enemy is preparing to fire a gravitational flux generator!" a Novavore commander replied.

"A what?" Sylvan asked

"A black hole generator, sir!" the commander clarified.

"Fire missiles now!. Novavores, launch the EMP generator. Shut those generators down now!"

The drones dived from overhead firing a salvo of missiles towards the surface. On the ground the warriors had initiated the Electo-Magnetic Pulse Cannon aimed at the Ladredas weapons. A whirling sound was heard and the barrel of the cannon began to glow blue as it charged.

"FIRE!" the order was given.

The plasma stream launched from the barrel and landed on the Ladredas position with a hollow thud. It immediately erupted in a lighting storm cloud, filling the isolated region with static charged particles,

"CHARGE FORWARDS!"
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Kelvan had seated himself at a chair on the ship he was on and was giving orders from a makeshift command post.

I don't care if the generators are out get them back on line, fire torpedos now, and up shields taking away from propulsion. Prepare for impact boost frontal shields to max and bring out the spikes.

From the ship came out small little spikes which floated aimlessly in space. However when the Novan ships touched them they exploded with the force of a small nuclear arm. The ships for forced to stop as the Ladredas ships recharged for another salvo.
 

Kaboose the Moose

New member
Feb 15, 2009
3,842
0
0
"Intruiging!" Sylvan replied as several Warstars ruptured and imploded. "Warstars!. Lauch the Ragnarok drones!" he ordered via the comlink.

Above the battlefield, the Novavore ships broke defensive formation. From the belly of their flagships, long black drones began appearing. They turned towards the Ladredas ships before engaging full engine power.

The Ragnorok drones moved in a spread out formation in their thousands, within a blink of an eye they had covered the distance between the two fleets and pummeled straight into the hulls of the opposition fleet. Upon impact the housed dark matter withing the drones errupted, generating a plasma stream that incinerated everything that stood before it.

"warhawks, begin flak bombardment of all ladreadas positions!"sylvan roared.

The smaller battleships turned to face the ladredas fleet before opening turrets on either side ofthe ship. A short delay later flashes of light was seen errupting from the ships as high energy fletchetts were lauched towards the ladredas ships.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
In the office that Kalrafex left him in, Tun-Dar continued to think. He didn't mean to waste the good commander's time, but he was still unsure of his decision.
What we are about to tell you, High Chiefs of the Ramgrogs, is of no small matter. It is, in fact, something that only the Council knows."
In Tun-Dar's mind, he once again saw the aged Ramgorg stand before him, the council surrounding him, as he and his fellow Chiefs stood in awe.
"There is a danger to the universe, one greater then any enemy. For this threat is no mere creature, nor is it even a foe: It is a force. An incredible force of power and destruction. Through many years of study and observation, using information that has been handed down since the very first Council, we have discovered a being we have named the Omega.
This Omega is an odd thing. It is like the opposite of the protons and neutrons we know of, but in small quantities. But not much is needed for the destruction of the universe.

In his memory, Tun-Dar saw the Council member Had-Dashe, the scientist genius, stand to speak.
You see, these Omega particles are completely opposite to the regular particles that make up you and me. However, when they come in contact, they cancel each other out, but leave a few...things behind."
"What in Rath are you blathering on about?"

Tun-Dar's fists still shook as he remembered Hag-Letorn, the most despised and arrogant of the High Chiefs.
"What he means, Hag-Letorn, is that this force is the rebirth of the universe. Once the Omega has finished, the "things" left behind will make new planets, solar systems, and galaxies. But some places in our universe won't be affected..."

Tun-Dar's thoughts were interrupted by a loud beep. Turning, he saw Dae-See enter through a door. "Sir, our fleet will be hear soon. They've received our distress signal, and are sending ships for pick-up as soon as they arrive."
Tun-Dar nodded, but stayed where he was.
"High Chief?" Dae-See asked, "Are you coming?"
Tun-Dar shook his shaggy head, turning back to face out the window that looked onto the void.
"I need to speak for Kalrafex first."

Was a sleep by the time you guys started posting all that. Didn't mean to keep you guys waiting. Anyway, hope this new plot twist will keep things interesting! Otherwise we'd just be beating the snot out of each other.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
While Kelvan was busy with the new attacks on his ground troops, Kalrafex decided it could safely leave the bridge under guard while talking to Tun-Dar.
Entering the office, Kalrafex greeted Tun-Dar again.
"Sorry about that. I didn't feel it would be prudent to have the two of you on deck. You said you had something to discuss?"
Don't worry about it too much. We occupied ourselves :p
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
"Kalrafex, you people seem to be off the decent kind. You allow other races, warring races, to use your hospice ships and supplies." Tun-Dar paced nervously, occasionlly eyeing the window looking out into the galaxy.
"There is something...something out there. Something that can possibly destroy the whole universe...well, maybe not the whole universe." Tun-Dar turned to look Kalrafex. "But there may be hope for my people's and yours. But you must first answer me this: Does the whole universe deserve to be saved? Does every living creature throughout the whole universe deserve to live?"
Tun-Dar crossed his arms, waiting for a reply.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Thinking for a moment, Kalrafex came to a conclusion.
"Not every living creature, no. And the entire Canrois sector can rot in the deepest parts of death for what they have done. But I suppose, to a certain extent, all races deserve a slight chance to live. But it should not be freely given. I realize that may seem hypocritical of me, given that we're attacking the humans based off of a whim, but that's how we rotate around a central point."
Sorry, kinda shot the serious atmosphere I think you were going for, but I couldn't resist
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Tun-Dar continued to stare at Kalrafex, before giving a nod of approval. "Very well, then I will tell you...of Omega."

Several Minutes Later
"And it will destroy all of the universe, except for the solar system that Earth resides in. That is why my people were so desperate to come here. Not only because we lost our home, but because this planet was our last hope."
Tun-Dar took a deep breath, feeling the joy of having a weight lifted off his shoulder.
"But now, Kalrafex, what will you do with this information? You can not tell the rest of the species what is going to happen, for they might not handle this news as well. Our Scholars estimate it will take several decades, if not centuries, for their to be some habitable planets to form. This galaxy can't support too much life for that amount of time."

Tun-Dar took a step closer to Kalrafex, trying his best to keep eye contact with all seven of his eyes. "I will probably be severely punished for what I have told you, but I don't think my race alone can keep a...perfect society as the Council thinks they will. I know we must have others to balance our actions. And I have judged your race to be one of those balances."
Tun-Dar turned away again, to stare back into the void.
"I think I'll miss the view after the Omega strikes. The lights in the sky...all going out. I shall weep for their lost, of that you can be sure of." Tun-Dar sighed, and bowed his head, mumbling a prayer to his god Rath.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Kalrafex had no problem keeping quiet about the new development. Yet it still felt the need for an ally in the fight against the Collective, perhaps the Novavores, and a mystery force that was still eluding the scanners.
Complicating the matter even further was the presence of the Ladredas on the vessel. Thinking quickly, and in order to stall Kelvan, Kalrafex ordered a platoon of troops to be sent down to the site where the Ladredas were under attack, in order to assist in the fight.
It also ordered several strafing runs from the bombers on what appeared to be the main force of the Novavores attacking Kelvan's forces.
I will not be online much, if at all tomorrow. I'll catch up when I get back. Later!
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
The battle was still raging when some reinforcements were received the battle began to turn as the Ladredas were beginning to gain ground against this new enemy
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Langthrax sat patiently, in his office/ cabin of his Ghost. However, it seemed that others weren't so patient.

"Langthrax, this is Sahnung, do you read me?"

"Loud and clear, Sahnung. What's up?"

"We're starting to worry about this situation."

"Any reason why?"

"Well, we're just paranoid of what they're planning, and why they're taking so long."

"Then don't be. Keep still."

"We want to attack."

"But if we do attack they will have better chances of finding us, and discovering how we have been hidden for so long. If we stand still, at least we can avoid being seen. Remember, I'm in charge of this mission and although I should treat your opinions equally, mine must still recieve priority."

There was a pause.

"Well?"

"Very well then, Langthrax. We will keep in place. For now, but as soon as they attack us we will obliterate them."

"I expect no more, no less. Langthrax out." He then thought to himself for a while.

Sahnung better not disobey my orders. Or consequences for him will be dire.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Hearing reports of the ground forces pushing the attacking Novavores back, Kalrafex decided to talk with Kalvan.
"Given the appearance of at least three enemies in the past day or so, I do believe it would be prudent for you and the Ramgrogs to put aside your hostilities until the fighting with these new aggressors is concluded. Can I trust you to work amicably with them until the other allied races have been put down?"
Kalrafex stood back and waited patiently for an answer.
Well, I hope this hasn't died.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Tun-Dar had left the office and, using a friendly orderly, found Kalrafex when he heard him speak with Kalvan.
At first, he was filled with rage, ready to take both traitorous bastards out. But he thought of what he just revealed to Kalrafex, and why he did.
Perhaps it's time we used our head more for fighting, Tun-Dar thought to himself.
Outloud, he said "I'll be willing to keep a friendly relation, but only till the other enemies have been taken care of. After that, we'll see..."
Tun-Dar tried to force a disarming smile, thoughts and doubts still warning him of his actions
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Kalrafex was relieved to hear Tun-Dar's reply, but was still on edge as it waited for Kelvan's reply.
All seven of its eyes were focused intently on the Ladredas leader's back as it hoped for the best.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Letting out a relieved sigh, Kalrafex relaxed a little bit.
"Good. I believe we can put together a more cohesive plan if we all are on the same page objective-wise. I propose we start by eradicating all opposition in the continent the humans call South America. Your thoughts?"
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
"I will need to speak with my fellow High Chiefs, but the continent of South America will make a good base for our collective force" Tun-Dar said, keeping his smile.
 

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
10,128
0
0
Punching in a few coordinates on his wrist computer Kevlan looked up, "My ships are engaging a tactical retreat and moving to bomb the area."
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Smiling, Kalrafex ordered another four Inflectors down to the surface of the planet below to form up another circular base. One of the ships passed through the leading edge of a heavy cloud formation.
 

Ramthundar

New member
Jan 19, 2009
3,878
0
0
Bowing, Tun-Dar made his way out and asked a nearby orderly to show him back to his crew. He'll pick them up, send out a signal for his ship to pick him up, and then will go speak with the council to share his news. He was filled with optimism at finding a new ally, but doubt still nagged at his heart. He only hoped the Council would share his improved thinking.

Cause right now, i'm at work. I can do little posts, but this RP requires a bit more thought. I'll post again at around 10:30 or so.
 

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
25,564
0
0
Kalrafex ordered a squad of its soldiers to accompany Tun-Dar and his forces as they congregated.
Down on the ground, the last of the ships had landed, and formed up a large base in Argentina. From there, the forces spread out slowly but surely as the day passed.