Space Invaders! (Closed)

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
EDITED

In the darkness of space, a wink. Then, arriving at horrendous super-light speed, a fleet appears, a fleet in which no two ships are the same. Each ship writhes with life, and they move like a herd of giant, space faring beasts, for beasts they are.

A wave of psychic 'radar' flashes out, and in the brain of every one of these 'ships', and each of their passengers, a vast, shared thought:

Well, what have we here? Fleet upon fleet, all around one planet. This could be interesting indeed...

Another flash of mental radar, and the massive mind makes a decision, focusing into one body, speaking through one mouth, to send a message out to the various capital ships

"Greetings, I am Dest, and I speak for the Collective. Might I ask why you have brought your fleets to this planet?"

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Kalrafex peers into the void, spotting the newcomers to the gathering.
That was odd.
Picking up a transmitter, it replies to the hailing.
"We are the grand seventh legatore of Volictors. This planet has attempted harm upon one of our ships. I cannot speak for the one called Tun-Dar, however. What are your intentions here?"

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Tun-Dar was just finishing his meal of his homeplanet's grass and leaves when he was hailed by the Communication Officer.
"Yes, Lech-Gro, what is it?"
"High Chief, we're receiving a message from an unkown vessel. Would you like to open communications?"
Tun-Dar let out a sigh, longingly looking at his meal. Pushing it aside, he straitened his armor and wipped his hands. Feeling himself ready, he asked to be patched through.
"Greetings, I am Dest, and I speak for the Collective. Might I ask why you have brought your fleets to this planet?"
Tun-Dar was about to reply, but was caught by the eyes of the new creature. It was not like the eyes of other species he had met, and not because of their shape. When he saw into these eyes, he saw a massive mind, more ancient then the Scrolls of the Elders and more vast then the universe itself. Tun-Dar, looking in those eyes, had the same feeling that a planet does when it looks into the infinite of space.
"I, I am Tun-Dar," he was finally able to say, "And I wish to use this planet so that my species may survive."

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Kevlan's Dark of the Night launched out of Slipspace with his fleet following. His Dreadnought gradually slowed as he saw several ships headed for the Planet Earth. His fist clenched this was his world and he would destroy any of the other opposition. His crew was scampering across the deck trying to coordinate the rest of the fleet before all decended into chaos. No one was expecting this, they knew that these species existed as they held many of their planets, but he didn't expect to see them here,They must be getting desperate he thought to himself.

As they finally passed Mars and were on course to Earth he opened a comm channel to the other High ships of these other races, "This is Shipmaster Kevlan of the Dark of the Night and I demand to know what the meaning of this is. This is an annexation of Earth and all other opposition is asked to leave immediately."

The Dreadnought[Las'mas] The King of the Fleet this ship commands twin Proton Chargers as well as a rechargeable Black Hole Generator. This ship boasts heavy tritanium plating, and shield generators and Plasma Engines with front thruster brakes. Crew: 10 000. Fleet amount 50 000

The Fighter [Masias]
The fodder of the fleet each these ships contain a crew of 100, and is equipped with Photon blasters with both basic engine and shield kits. Contains thin shields. Fleet amount: 300000

The Destroyer [Pladers]

The main guns of the fleet, these ships of a titanium plate armour and thick shields. Their arsenal boasts Heavy plasma torpedos, and plasma blasters fueled by their Plasma discharge from the engines. Their ace in the hole: Fusion missles that explode with the intensity of a supernova, in a small contained area. Crew: 10 000. Fleet Amount: 150 000

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Good merciful Ul'n! thought Kalrafex.
More factions are showing up every second. It's like a blasted convention!
It directs 1/3 of the Inflector ships to reposition themselves to cover this new possible threat.
Fully half of the ships contained in the fleet's Razors are launched as well.
I'll let Tun-Dar continue to handle the introductions it concluded.
Better to let the side with more of a reason open dialogue.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
"High Chief! We have another message coming in, and it doens't look to friendly!"

The screen split, and revealed the newcomer. "The Ladredas!" roared Tun-Dar, standing quickly and flipping his table. "What in the Nine Mountains of Henja are you bastards doing here? Wasn't our planet enough for your greed?!" he said in rage.

The Colonies: Though only 3 of them, these massive ships hold the whole population of Ramgrogs. The Colonies hold enough room for the population, supplies, living areas, and several acres of their home planet.

Because the Ramgrogs, though advanced, have never had the resources to make their own ships, they simply use the ones they traded for their home-world resources. This means most are pretty old and out-dated, though some newer ones were gained through conquest. They keep the best ships to protect their Colonies and for attack fleets against Earth.

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
Kelvan had to chuckle when he heard the response of Tun-Dar,"No your planet was good for labour, and resources we need our own planet, you know that so you should just give up."

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
"Admiral, The Nomad is dropping out of warp. We have arrived at the Milky Way sector!" Novavore navigator Siran-Rom spoke breaking the silence of the ship. Seated deep within the belly of the behemoth Warstar, Sylvan let out a satisfied sigh. "Very good!, take us to communication range with the planet and inform the rest of the fleet to standby." he replied as he stood up and began to pace the room. It had been several days since they left their homeplanet, now a new one loomed over the horizon. Finally, the Novavores would have a place to call home again.

"Admiral, we have a situation!" Siran's voice broke out again. "Our sensors have picked up the presence of several unidentified vessels in the region. All of them are near the vicinity of the planet Earth"

Sylvan, paused his pacing. Who are these people?, he wondered to himself. More importantly, what do they want with Earth?.
"Computer!, began analysis of proximity vessels and identify" Sylvan ordered the ship's computer. Commencing!...Diagnostic complete!. . Proximity vessels are from multiple origins. Identified presence of Ramgorg fleets, Identified presence of Volictor fleets, Identified presence of biological entities known as the Collective. Ship of unknown origin detected. Designation unknown, Entity Biological.

Sylvan let out a silent mechanical murmur. It appears that this blue planet has attracted a large gathering, the question remained, what was their intentions?.

"Navigator Siran, open a communication frequency with the nearest vessel" Sylvan ordered "I want to see who or what we are dealing with"

"As you wish Admiral!. Communication frequency opened with the Volictor ship, called the Phyrenex Zeren" Siran replied.

"Volictor ship, Phyrenex Zeren!. This is the Novavore Warstar Nomad, I am Admiral Sylvan Dol-Kar, High Keeper of the Codes, state your business in this sector!"

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Taken aback by the sudden intrusion on the comm array, as he was enjoying the delicious drama unfolding before its eyes, Kalrafex hesitated for a second. Eying the new faction, it noted the elegant fusion of mechanics with organic parts with the eye of a true engineer.
After this quick assessment, it picked up the hailer again.
"This is High Lord Kalrafex of Doomnations, of the Volictors. We are here to avenge a slight on one of our scout ships. We have no desire to keep the planet, only to kill the resident vermin. Since you have been courteous enough to ask our intentions before attacking, I would assume you are willing to share your reasons for being here as well."

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
"I Have already stated my intentions for this planet, I wish to take it for my race, however if all you want is their destruction I will help you, however I get the planet."

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
"Well, you can forget that! I've already claimed it for the Ramgrogs! Besides, doesn't your kind have enought planets to spoil away on?"

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
"Ahem. If there is no further discussion between us, I would like to get on with the killing. That is what I came here for."

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
"You Ramgrogs are a dead species anyway look at the sorry pile of junk you call a fleet, you know that every Shipmaster needs a planet, this will be mine, and all of my species will thank me for a planet all of us can safely live on. Kalrafex what is your reponse to my offer

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
"I do not care for your inter-species politicking or squabbles. All I am here for is to spill every drop of blood the humans have in store. If you help me, my fleet will leave as soon as the humans are dead.
HOWEVER, if you cross us, do not expect mercy. What you see before you is only the seventh fleet of twelve. Lastly, our hospital ships are for all races. I do not care if you injure one another, but if the parties make it to the hospice ships, I expect a fire-free zone around them.Is that satisfactory to you? Dol-Kar, I still await your response."

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Tun-Dar headed to the front of the ship, a floating screen keeping him with the conversation. He hated the idea of the Ladredas being so near, but he didn't want to upset his new alliance.
He look first at the Ladredas leader. "I will fight you and your kind for this planet till the very end, and so will the rest of my kin!"
He then looked at Kalrafex, and his tone was marginelly calmer. "As for you, I will not attack you, for we already made an alliance. However, if you choose to join the Ladredas and attack us, we will consider that treason and will act accordingly. But if you take care of Earth and only Earth, then I'll take care of Ladredas."
Tun-Dar sat into his pilot's seat, ordering his crew to get battle ready.
"What say you then, ally?"

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Kalrafex pondered for a second.
"I shall make no move towards either of you, provided that the previously mentioned terms are followed. Yet prudence dictates that I wait for the response of the Novavores before launching an attack on the planet below."

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
"Let us engage into light-speed captain." Mognarr instructed the ship captain, "Our resources are running thin, and we must try to convince the Humans for our trade, I believe it would be quite unwise to turn us down however. There is a lot of land and resources for the humans and they will hopefully help us."

The captain instructed the other ships to engage into light-speed, then the captain did so himself.

"We are now earthbound sir."

Quite small fleet, about 30 ships that can carry 100 crew members, and one ship which holds the Wrrrl that they plan to burrow through the earth with.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
Sylvan paused for a moment. "Our fight is not with you, High Lord Kalrafex. Nor is it with the people of Earth. We come in peace to look for peaceful settlement on this planet. Your news of elimination of the Earthlings is grave indeed. I need more time to discuss the matter with my fellow council members before committing to anything. I can however say, if no hostile action is taken on my fleet, we will not interfere with your fleet. Dol-Kar out!"

Sylvan walked out of the battle bridge and into the ready room. Summon the Council!, he ordered to the nearby Novavore.

"As you wish, High Keeper!" came the reply. Sylvan sat down heavily on his chair. He hated making decisions like these.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Upon receiving an answer from Sylvan, Kalrafex deploys half of his fleet on the surface of Earth.
Clusters of ships land at the following places:
-North America, Central.
-Antarctica
-Russia
-Africa
-India
-China
-Western Europe
At each cluster, over 3 million beings set up camp and await further orders.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
"What is the meaning of this Sylvan. Why are we not on the surface of Earth yet?" a Council member roared, his Gatling Cannon augment slamming on the Cartusian table before him.
"Easy, Volthor!. The situation is...complex!. We did not anticipate a fight for this planet, there are at least 3 races here besides us. Most of them seem to want to destroy or claim it as their own" Sylvan replied calmly. "We should at least try and be diplomatic about this" he continued.

"I have read the reports about these races..pure biological they are. Arrogant and self sure. Confident on their battle prowess. It is their weakness. Lets turn our weapons on them and claim this rock as our own. It is the only solution that computes" another voiced.

"No, you underestimate them because they are biological!. That does not make them primitive. We are just like them, proud and arrogant. They have plenty of fight in them. Let's see what their first move is. We need to study our enemy better. Our computers are monitoring all communications, especially that of the unidentified ship. They seem to be the most hostile of them all. We shall see what they all do, before initiating our Prime Command." Sylvan responded.

"Well then, what now?" Volthor asked slightly frustrated about the outcome.

"We shall set standard orbit around the planet's satellite. Earthlings call it the moon. It appears that the Ramgrogs and the unknown race will do battle for the planet. We will observe and evaluate our position accordingly." He paused for a second
"Do not worry, fellow Novavores!. I have not forgotten our Prime Commands. Earth shall be ours. We just have to be patient..for a bit longer."

60 Warstars: The Vol'chaa class Warstars are the primary battleships for the Novavores. These giant ships posses formidable armor and weaponry but very little shielding apart from their navigational shields. The overall length is about 1800m, width 540m and height 200m. The ship is armed with 38 laser array systems and 23 missile pods and point defense cannons that run the length of the ship. The ship is purely mechanical with an built in AI construct. The ship's computer can be re-programmed by uplinking with the Novavores.

46 Warhawks. Completely Autonomous vessels. They are tactical production ships that can produce laser and missile drones and place them in strategic locations. The drones themselves can be controlled remotely via a Warstar or left to the Warhawks guidance. These ships can also produce Ragnarok bombers, provided that a sufficient energy source and materials exist. Warhawks have little to no armor but have a medium shielding surrounding them. They also do not have any weapons on board and rely on the drones to defend them. As it is an autonomous construction ship it cannot carry any passengers.

48 ASARE ships. Assembly and Reconstruction ships. These ships house the Novavore worker models and serve as a repair ship for injured Novavores and damaged ships. These are the smallest and the fastest ships in the Novavore armada. These ships are part Mechanical and part Biological. The outer surface is covered in a biological membrane that when attacked can secrete a hardened carapace to act as emergency armor. Due to their size these ships can additionally dock with Warstars when threatened. They posses medium range pulse cannons on their fore and aft sections.

12.8k Ragnarok Bombers. These are autonomous mechanical drones. Cannot carry any passengers or supplies. Constructed within a Warhawk, these ships have an AI programmed with only one command. When activated, Ragnarok drones travel at great speeds towards a targeted ship and crash against their hull. These ships have no shields or weaponry, they rely on numbers, sheer agility and speed to get to an enemy capital ship and detonate against the hull or in close proximity to it.