Space Invaders! (Closed)

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
"We're hit Shipmaster we're hit, chambers are being flooded by ground troops, they're taking the ships..." The transmission cut off as the commander was shot down by an enemy trooper.

Kevlan sat back for a moment momentarily confused. what was a strategy for ground attack in space? What could he do? Finally he had reached a decision, and it would be carried out quite well if all went as planned. He boosted communications for a moment to launch an encrypted message to all ships, Activate emergency bulkheads, force them out the vacuum chambers. His men would die as well, but better to have an empty ship than another enemy to fight.

He was about to order another salvo on the fleet when a crash swept the deck. "We've been hit by a Needle sir." was the frantic transmission before the room was overrun. They couldn't empty this ship it was their main command. Kevlan granned his favorite melee weapon, a savage axe,We are taking back this ship, boost all shields and fire another salvo, charge the black hole generators, and hold this deck that is an order

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
"High Chief, the TICKS were a success! We're slowly taking their ship."
Tun-Dar nodded in satisfaction, but didn't take a break to celebrate.
"Alright, get some more ready. And prepare a special one for me."
The crew around him momentarily stopped. "High Chief?"
"You heard me! I plan on getting that Ladredas leader myself. Their is a debt that needs to be paid."
His crew nodded, though some gave worried glances to each other.
Tun-Dar simply passed them off, and went to prepare himself. "Once more battle-ships come in, have them start attacking the rest of the Ladredas ships. Keep TICKS at the ready, so that they may deploy once the enemy has weakend."
Tun-Dar went to his room, gathered his Battle Armor, Hammmer and laser pistol, then went to his TICK. Once it was filled with his most trusted warriors, he was ready to launch.
"To Battle!" he roared as the doors closed.
The capsule launched, going straight for the Ladredas main-ship.

And now i'm off to work. See you guys later tonight!

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
"Admiral, we are picking up a response from the Collective. We cannot match it directly through our translators. The readings indicate a tremendous fluctuation in alpha waves. They could be trying to communicate via telepathy" the navigator began. "We could match it through our translators via a proxy filter but that may take some time to setup" he continued. "We do have a response from the new race though.."

"Patch it through" Sylvan replied. He listened to the Captain of the new fleet respond and sent the following message in response:

This is to the unidentified fleet in Earth's orbit, I regret to inform you that you are the sixth race present here. A war has broken out between the others, regarding matters about the planet Earth. Business with the Earthlings will be impossible for a while till the matter is resolved. It would seem that whichever conclusion we come to, the Earthlings will suffer much. We, the Novavores were here, looking for peaceful settlement. However, the aggressive actions taken by the others now hinder our option of diplomacy and negotiation with the Earthlings. We see little choice now but war. End transmission."

"Admiral, we have the message from the Collective decoded" Siran stated suddenly. He played the audio log of the Collective message,

I am Dest, and I speak for the Collective. We are here on our galactic Pilgrimage, and we have found the Volictors attacking the humans of Earth. We tried to stop the conflict, but they would not relent. We have attacked to prevent the mindless savagery, and to defend the humans

Sylvan stood from his chair. Rage was beginning to fill his thoughts. He began coding a message for the Collective. Dest, what does the collective intend to do with the planet?. Your battle has serious implication with our plans. Now, we can no longer conduct successful diplomacy with the humans. Thus, we don't care what happens to them. We do however wish to inquire about your intentions with the planet!. Ending Transmission

Just a heads up. The Novavores are big giant robots, with a biological skin covered by mechanical armor. They don't do too well with psychic communication, seeing that they have a computer for a brain and all that.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Langthrax looked up at the oncoming great battle up ahead. He sighed a long, deep sigh, which was impressive for what was basically a cloud of mist. He just knew this was going to be problematic for their research. He didn't even need to hear the commands to know what he had to do.

"Langthrax, we have just recieved information from home planet. It's official sir. We're at war."

He sighed again. "I knew it. Oh well, everyone, get to the ships. If they're going to put up a fight we'll give them one."

He went to his Ghost and started to give commands from his office.

"Listen up, I will take Europe with 10 flying tanks. All the other fleets I want spread out as evenly as possible over America, China and Japan, Africa, the rest of Asia and South America. Set up overhead and then prepare for battle."

Meanwhile, as they started to take off, people noticed some suspicios looking clouds overhead.

The Ghost (1 of): The head ship, this is the army's most powerful ship, with 15 super pulse cannons (Like my character's one, except can fire up to 2.5 atmospheres of pressure upon a target), 23 rocket launchers, and 35 Machine turrets. It is about 200m long and 50 wide. Can store over a million people in it.

The Secrets (About 20 of): These ships are designed for tactical support. Although not that well fitted artillery wise (With just 15 rocket launchers) they are only 55 m long and 25 wide and can turn fully invisible when not attacking so they can be very subtle. Most commonly used for sneaking round.

The Flying Tanks(About 45 of): These ships are the most common ones, equipped with 3 super pulse cannons, 20 rocket launchers and machine turrets. They are about 150m long and are the same wide.

The Decoys (About 30 of): These ships look just like the flying tanks, except are completely unmanned. Only clear difference is the computers only use missile launchers. However, they double up as medical ships as well, being able to store up to about 10000 troops at once with a full medical supply.

All of their ships can change shape and look (Like themselves) but weapons never change.

Sorry for not posting sooner, didn't realise it started.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
The Hivemind considered, then sent new message to the Novavores.

On our Pilgrimage, we search the galaxy for beings to add to our Collective. It is a union ofthe mind, bringing great secrets of the body along with it. I myself am from the third planet of the star known by the humans as Alpha Centuri, but the Collective have been traveling for thousands of years before.

We came to Earth in search of potential new members of the Collective, but instead we found these warlike races, gathering for a great battle. We do no oppose wars between equally matched forces, for it is a part of nature and necessary to the development of every race, but we object to mindless slaughter. Therefor, we did not interfere with the quarreling fleets, but felt it was our duty to intervene and stop the Volictor's wanton killing

Be assured, our intentions are merely to offer an improvement in life to certain humans. We have no sinister plot

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Langthrax looked down over the city of Berlin he was currently circling, cleverly disguised as a plane over the airport.

"Troops, send out a message to all species nearby."

He coughed for a second, before beginning his speech:

Alien species, listen up. We are the infectors. We have come solely for the research and study of mankind. We have been here for about 20 years now, and have gathered plenty of information about the creatures here on this planet. However, we aren't even half way with our research and are starting to have worries about this invasion of yours.

If this message reaches Earthlings, we come in peace. We have not come for invasion nor have we ever done so with planets before. We only work for our studies. You have no reason to think of us as a threat.

However, aliens, if you plan on jeopardising our research with elimination of the human race so be it. And your blood will fall to that of the infectors. We have whole armies prepared, camoflaged and ready for battle, all we need is an opponent. We mean to come in peace but if war is necessary, then war it shall be. Threaten us with violence and we will respond appropriately.

He switched the communicator off. "Now, we just wait and see."

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Fracksha! though Kalrafex. How about we just call a conference of species? Get all these introductions out of the way
Although anger reared up in its head, it still realized that having a fight in space and on ground with two enemies at the same time was a bad tactical move. In light of this, the ground forces were told to hold their lines until the situation above Earth was under control.

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
The needle exploded on the lower deck obliterating much of the personal there. Kelvan stood there watching as warriors emerged from the pod, one however looked at him with a look of death, that warrior wanted his blood.

Kevlan turned to his soldiers,Men! People will write stories about our heroics, of our conquests, but there is no bigger conquest then a planet that we can live on, and we will live on it. You give up your lives today so that many generations will live on this planet of our prophecy. This inferior species threatens that will he let them, not while there's still an axe in my hand.

With that speech the army turned and faced the enemy head on as they always had. These Ramgrogs were known for amazing hand to hand combat skills; well they were about to be put to the test.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
A sqadron of missile and laser Drones flew over the Infector ship, the mechanical eyes recorded every movement, the AI listened in on all communication from the ships. A message was sent to the Nomad, where Sylvan was observing the unfolding events.

"More races!" he grumbled as the report of the Infectors came through. After listening to their transmission however, his mood brightened. "Looks like we have yet another guardian appearing to save Earth."

He looked at his Battle Management screen. The Volictors are fighting through most continents, the Collective are regrouping and now the Infectors are holding over Germany. Sylvan paused his assessment. He knew they had to make their own interests a priority.

"Commander Ralfix" the High Keeper spoke into the intercom. "Alert the Drones on Earth to form a No-Fly Zone over the continent of Australia. Order them to shoot down anything and everything that strays too close to that region. Send 2 additional support Drone squadrons to maintain the perimeter. It is very important that they do not engage the humans. Also send the Earthlings a brief transmission, inform them that we come in peace and that we are quarantining the region for their own safety. Once that's done, activate the warrior models on all ships. Debrief them and have them on standby. Once the drones have secured the region, prepare the drop pods."

Sylvan looked at the screen. He was going to hold the last bastion of humanity, the continent of Australia, from the invaders. He was not about to let the destruction of the war spread any further. Once the dust had cleared, then the Novavores would see if they would go to war with the survivors or not.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
"Langthrax, we have noticed ships circling around the ghost." Langthrax heard this over the intercom. He was curious into why so quickly.

"What species?"

"Analysing now. Hmm, that's strange."

"What?"

"There appears to be no living biological lifeform on the vessels."

"That does sound strange. We only use unmanned ships in serious battles, so why are they so keen on using them so soon? Does it look like they might attack?"

"Not yet. They seem to be just... watching. What do you want me to do for now?"

"Nothing, I'm going to a scouting point. Lets see if we can get a better view."

The scouting points on the ship were half capsules that were completely transparent. From here, he could clearly see the surrounding ships. Except, they weren't ships, they were... robots?

"Switch the communicator on again, only this time, direct it at the robot over there."

I am Langthrax, leader of the infector army, J-Division, recruitment 14-F. As I have said before, we are solely here for scientific and biological research, and will only fight to keep our test subjects alive. Please deliver this message to your leaders, and ask for them to state their intentions as well. If not stated, we will destroy all the robots surrounding our fleet. If your intentions are to fight us, we will destroy all the robots surrounding our fleet. I assume that the majority of them will be yours.

He switched the communicator off and returned to his office.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Come in Novavore captain, we wish to make a deal with the earthlings, thier destruction would eventually mean ours. Do you need any help protecting the humans, we have soldiers and can assist in the protection of the humans.

Mognarr paced around the deck, waiting for a response.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
The communication link from a laser drone went online. It transmitted a priority message back to the flagship Warstar. "Admiral!, our drones have picked up a transmission from the Infector ship. Commencing audio playback" the navigator informed. The message was played over the battle bridge, Sylvan listened intently. "Send the following to their ship" Sylvan ordered.

Langthrax, leader of the Infectors. I am Sylvan Dol-Kar, Admiral of the Novavore fleets and High Keepers of the Codes. Our mission here is to settle the planet via diplomacy, to co-exist with the humans. However, with the increased presence surrounding Earth and the aggressive campaign taken on the surface, we are now faced with a dilemma. Earthlings will not negotiate while their planet is under attack and now much of their planet is scarred with warfare. To prevent utter anarchy, we are maintaining a stronghold over the Pacific Rim while monitoring hostile action in the surrounding regions. To preserve the planet surface and ecosystems, we are quarantining the only unmarred region from alien vessels. If any spacecraft, including your ship, was to approach the quarantine zone, we will be forced to obliterate your vessel. End Transmission!

Sylvan had just replied to the message, when he received an incoming transmission from the other small fleet.

This is Dol-Kar. Earth will need all the protection force it can get. Advise that you draw up a battle plan. There are at least three races that wish harm to befall the humans or the planet. We advise caution when dealing with these races and in the event of battle, we wish you good hunting!. Dol-Kar out!

Sylvan resumed monitoring the events around him. The drones had already set up a grid patrol over the Pacific region of Earth. Surrounding strategic positions, missile drones were placed to provide heavy firepower and supporting these were the laser drones. The remaining drone squadrons were organized into regimental patrols that swept the boarders of the quarantined zone like a swarm of bees. Their weapons were armed and ready to nullify any intrusion.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
The Hivemind had been thinking idly, and parts of transmissions were picked up by accident. From the shards of conversations, it concluded that there was an alliance building up, with aims to defend Earth. It considered, and sent a message to the Novavore Capital ship

It is apparent to us that you are creating a joint force to protect the humans. We have the same aim in mind, and offer our support to you alliance

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
"Langthrax, we have a message from the fleet surrounding us." came in over the Ghost's intercom.

"Very well then. Let's hear it." He listened to the message in full, before starting to look into replying:

Sylvan Dol-Kar, it seems we then have pax. Seeing as you have no intention on harming the humans we have no reason nor intention to go against you. Coincidentally, we will, under all circumstances avoid entering your area. In return, we expect no harm to our ships and people, and no harm to the humanoids or any other creature on this planet. I won't do the same either.

I have called back my fleet now from all the various countries, in order to maintain a stronghold on Germany, as there has been news of attacks spreading through Western Europe. However, you can have no fear of us intending on revealing ourselves to earthlings as that may also compromise our research. We have disguised our ships and are not intending on revealing our identity unless the country's attacked by the invading species.

Coincidentally, we would prefer it if we didn't have your robots surrounding us. They are making some of our soldiers paranoid and if we had intentions of taking them out we would have done so by now. Also they may gather the attention of humans, something neither you nor us want.

He paused for a second.

Also, seeing as we're on the same side, if you're interested in a joint force, I am willing to offer, just send a message explaining that to us.

He then sat back in his office, looking out over Germany, where a strange amount of clouds were showing up.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
When the pod tip exploded, Tun-Dar rushed out, his mighty hammer at the ready. Looking through the cloud of debris, he could guess that we was in some sort of control room. Then he spied his first enemy. It was a 7' foot creature with an oddly colored mask.
"FOR THE FALLEN!" roared Tun-Dar, charging the enemy with his hammer raised.

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
Kevlan saw their leader charge at him bellowing a savage war cry, he smiled and cracked his neck, this was going to be fun. He raised his axe and parried the hammer blow blasting them both back. He then swung the axe missing his target but slicing another enemy clean in half. Apprehension crossed Tun-Dar's face, but only for a moment before they clashed again.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
This is going to be more dificult then I thought. Tun-Dar circled his enemy, watching for an opening. He was impressed that this creatures axe was able to parry his mighty hammer.
He gave a few warning swings to try to keep it occupied. When one hit kept the axe down, Tun-Dar sent his head flying forward, his horns connecting with his enemy's forhead. Tun-Dar heard a satisfying crack, and thought he had this battle.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
"Set the pod for one of the friendly ships."

"Which one sir, there are-"

"I DON'T CARE! Just send me to one immediately, let us go Blred."

Mognarr and Blred entered the drop pod, tell them I wish to board the ship and make negotiations about an alliance.

[You guys can choose which ship I go on, just someone friendly. If you want me on your ship, just write that I boarded your ship.]

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
A pod launched, and the Hivemind followed it's course. It curved away from it's fleet, and headed toward the Collective herd. One of the great space-beasts turned and reached out lazily with a telekinetic brain the size of a house and drew the pod in to be accepted through a two-section airlock/mouth

Once the pod had been taken in, the creatures inside were analysed and a suitable atmosphere provided. Diplomat-biologists went forth into the specially conditioned area, their lungs altered for the new air, and stood waiting for the pod to open

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
Kevlan staggered back blood pouring from his forehead, his mask had broken, his legacy shattered by this....lesser thing. I will stain a new mask with you blood,he cried as he ran at the beast determined to feast on this one's flesh and blood. His axe swung at the beast, but his foe ducked and smashed his knee. Kevlan was lost now, he had never lost a battle he was good, he was goodUntnor he swore under his breath before getting up again.

He faked with the axe then when his enemy ducked caught him in an uppercut with the handle.