Space Invaders! (Closed)

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Mognarr cleared his throat as the pod opened,

"Hello, I am Mognarr, I plan to make negotiations with the humans, their destruction would be most unfortunate. I came to your fleet to make an alliance, with our small fleet, we stand no chance against the other races."

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
I never got feedback on the results of the space fight. Going back to foot stuff now. Hope this is all legit.
Noticing the Hivemind's business, Kalrafex chose to have his ground forces expand their bases. Because the Hivemind was so focused on the newcomers, it failed to notice the Volictor forces amassing. As soon as the first shots were fired and the battle began, however, its attention was drawn to the combat instantly.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
When the handle smashed into Tun-Dar's jaw, his vision blurred and he tasted blood. Staggering, he tried to take another swing but the Ladredas dodged him and jumped to a nearby open tube. As soon as its whole body was in, the tube closed and the Ladredas descended immediately, barely missing Tun-Dar's hammer. It merely smashed into the tube, crushing it and the wall behind it.
"BAKIT!" cursed Tun-Dar, foot stomping on a nearby corpse in anger.
"High Chief!" Tun-Dar turned and saw his officers rushing towards him.
"Did you find the control room?" he snapped, pulling his hammer out of the wall.
"Actually, High Chief, you found it."
Tun-Dar looked around, and a slow smile spread on his snout. "So, that was their leader? Impressive. I shall eagerly await our next confrontation."
"Should we try to find him, High Chief?" one of the officers asked.
Tun-Dar thought for a moment, looking at the blood that coated his fur.
"...No." His officers gave him a confused look.
"We have his ship. We leave him for later."
So that you may learn that I am worth more then you think, Ladredas. And maybe then you'll be a challenge.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Kevlan landed in the throne room, and began typing furiously on the computer backing up every piece of data he could. He felt the ship lurch slightly, the enemy was taking control of his ship. He wasn't about to let that happen. He sent out one final override. The first thing was to send the attack orders on the black hole generators which fired immdietly. The second order was the self destruct codes.

That done he paged Last Resort signaling to pick him up. He recieved the conformation codes, leaped into his escape pod, Another time he thought as his pod left the station and the countdown started with no way of reverting it.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Tun-Dar walked around the deck of the control-room, examining the computers with his engineers. Suddenly, one of them cried out in shock. "High Chief! The ship, it's been set to self destruct!"
"What?! Shut it down!" he screamed. "We can't sir. We only have a few minutes left!"
Tun-Dar cursed again, but didn't waste his time. "Get every one of our troops still breathing back to those capsules. They have a escape pods for just this reason."
"But High Chief, half our troops are too deep into the ship! They'll never make it back to their capsules!" cried one of the officers.
Tun-Dar turned to look the officer in the eyes. "..I know." He then entered the capsules, his officers quickly following behind.

As the ship blew to a million pieces, and as a the main ship picked up the surviving capsules, Tun-Dar prayed for forgiveness.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
Outgoing Novavore Transmission:

Langthrax, you have the word of the Novavores that no harm shall befall the humans within our territory. However, the fate of the humans beyond our borders are no longer our concern. Understand, that we did not intend for this war to occur and while this conflict troubles us greatly, we now have little choice but to accept it as a necessary evil. Thus, we will not actively thwart the Volictors unless they cross into our region.

Protocol stipulates to us that we must, in the very least, shelter a few of the natural inhabitants of the planet as they form a key part of the planets ecosystem. Hence, our containment force around the Pacific Rim region. We can reveal little else to you at the moment but rest assured that we are in common agreement. We shall not harm the humans but we will not defend them either, at least not beyond our chosen region.

We respect and understand your presence in this sector. As such, we shall withdraw our drones from your vicinity. Good hunting, Dol-Kar out!

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
Back on a dreadnought Kelvan was brought to the command table, "Sir it's an honour to have you on this ship," The Last Resort's captain spoke. Kelvan shot him twice taking then man's seat. Two shipmasters could never command one ship. Get me a secure line to those escape pods he said.

Back in the small escape pods Tun-Dar watched as Kevlan's face appeared on his monitor,It's funny how things can go from good to bad so terribly fast, he said with a grin.

"So what Your ship is gone, I won that round," The Ramgrog retorted.

Yes you did now it's time to repay the favor.

A salvo of black hole generators ripped through space and towards the Ramgrog High command ship. Tun-Dar was forced to watch as his prize ship was slowly compacted and sucked through the rift to who knows where

How sad

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
"YOU BASTARD!" Tun-Dar roared, but the screen went black. Tun-Dar smashed it anyway, just to vent his anger.
"High Chief, what shall we do now?" asked on of the soldiers. "It'll still be a while before the rest of the fleet shows up, and we're sitting ducks out here!" The other soldiers eyed the window that showed the outside void, with an uncomfortable look at the other alien ships.
Tun-Dar shrugged. "The only thing we can do. Land on that planet and set up a beacon for pick up." He then took manual control over the ship and pointed it toward the blue sphere.
"It be good to take a look at our new home." Tun-Dar whispered, and their descent began.

Sorry, i'd do fancier and better writing, but midnight is not good writing time. please don't let this me a impression of my writing skills, as I can do better.

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
Midnight is late I didn't expect perfection. I've seen your writing it's damned fine don't even worry about it, but after this post I'm out for a couple of hours so have a good night all I'll post again in a couple hours if your still on.

Kelvan laughed as he saw the Shipmaster's reaction to his display of force. "Sir they're landing on the planet."

Plot a course there, we need to scout out our new home anyway.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Langthrax listened to the transmission from Dol-Kar from one of the scouting posts. He liked these places rather than his office to look at an army because of the horizontal wall-mounted glass half-capsules meaning you could look all the way round and underneath you. He listened to the transmission, saw the drones withdraw, and decided to respond appropriately:

Dol-Kar. First of all, thank you for withdrawing your drones from this sector. If there is anything we currently don't want to worry about, it's fighting armies who are on the same side as us.

We understand why you're only protecting the humans in your region. Standard protocol asks for us to keep a minimal amount of the species on a planet alive as well, even if it means we only get a sample of the investigation we want done. Thus we are keeping a stronghold over Germany and will only attack these Volicitors you speak of or any other invading race if they step into our sector, and will only question increasing our stronghold afterwords.

For now, this may be the last transmission we send to you. Best of luck sorting out diplomacy with the humans and as you put it; good hunting.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
No prob, I'll see what I can do...

Late result of Volictor/Collective space fight:

Several ships were shot down, and the Collective returned fire, but the Hivemind decided that control of any specific area was unimportant, and so the fleet retreated to a safe distance and regrouped

More up to date action:

As the pod's passengers stepped out, one began to speak, and for a oment the Collective could not understand. With the Hivemind distracted, the Diplomats acted on their own, tuning their psychic frequencies to those of the speaker, in time to understand the last of his words

"I came to your fleet to make an alliance, with our small fleet, we stand no chance against the other races."

The leading diplomat, who had quickly assumed the position due to his supirior mental powers, stepped forward and bowed

"I have no doubt," he said, "That we would be honoured to join forces, and maybe we could negotiate ourselves. However, such decisions are not mine alone, and you must present your offer to a, uh, higher authority. Please, walk this way."

The newcomers were lead out of the room, and through a series of re-atmosphered tunnels until they found themselves in a large room, in the centre of which was a large dome. Through a transparent section, a vast brain could be seen.

"Please, approach the dome and, uh, think about your proposal" said the diplomat, ushering them forward

On the planet's surface:

The Hivemind had not noticed the Volictor approach, but the troops themselves had. As the Volictors attacked, a new force ran to meet them: the combat biologists

These were not the ordinary Collective troops, able to adapt and change over short periods of time. No, these soldiers flowed like liquid flesh, constantly changing and mutating to fit every new moment.

Some fell to the Volictors' shots, but they travelled fast, and suddenly the entire wave crashed into the attackers, slicing and crushing and tearing and biting in a terrifying flood of sheer vicious life force

It was at this point the Hivemind's attention returned, and suddenly the counter-attack took on an extra preternatural quality, every warrior guarding the other back, seeing through each others eyes

Then, the Hivemind focused it's power through Dest, who had been among the counter charge. With a roar, he tore the battle lines asunder with sheer mental force, and he and a group of others broke through and circled round, attacking the Volictors from behind and trying to trap them

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Think? Did he say think? Erm, ok then. Ahem... Mr. uh... Brain. I would like to suggest a proposal, perhaps an alliance is in order to defeat the attacking aliens. We wish to make negotiations with the humans and their destruction would be most unfortunate. We seem to share the feeling that the humans are a young race, that they should be saved, able to keep their planet. So, thank you for considering my proposal, I would imagine you are busy battling, so I will wait patiently for your response.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
A tingle of mental activity alerted the Hivemind, and it quickly determined it came from an alien thinking in close proximity to a ship's main brain, which was so psychically active as to detect the through almost on automatic. Running further checks, it realised that certain individuals had predicted this result, and considered using one as a speaker in future. But first, it replied to the thought

We are never too busy, single being, came the massive thought inside the alien's brain, Only distracted. We agree, and accept your offer of joint operations. However, we too would make you an offer in turn.

We search the galaxy for beings worthy of our gift of mental unity, and we judge you to be worthy candidates. Would you, or any of your race, desire to be accepted into our Collective? Doing so costs you nothing, and you retain all personality, but with a link to all others, and with augmented control over ones body.

One so accepted would still able to live as he did before, and we would make no demands. We merely offer this chance for greater life

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
I'm not sure I fully understand the calibre of what you suggest. Will you have control over me? I wish to keep my own body and mind, is it merely telepathic communication with others?

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
It is as much as you want it to be. You will be linked to our shared 'Hivemind', but your mind will remain your own. However, you will be able to assess the knowledge and experience of the 'Hivemind', but by it's very nature, you will be influenced by the information, and in effect, controlled. It will, of course, be your choice to do so.

As to your body, you will have vastly greater control over it, and in time, you will be able to alter it for your benefit. Again, though, whether or not you do so is up to you

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
HHmmm... I suppose I could try it, if you gain no control over me, and I can keep in constant communication.

Mognarr's assistant stood by, waiting for orders,

"Ok, we are going to get something special in our brains, we will be pioneers alright? I don't think it will hurt."

Ok, just me and my assistant for now, it wont hurt will it?

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Of course not. Now, you may want to sit, as you will be unconscious for a few seconds afterwards

They sat, and suddenly, a huge wave of psychic energy washed over them, sizzling into their brains, changing and remoulding, creating new areas. Darkness welled up, and when they woke, the thoughts of the Hivemind sounded in their minds

It is done. You will be able to communicate with the hivemind at all times, and with any member of the Collective by mind alone. Soon, you will develop your own psychic powers, and your power of your bodies will swell and grow

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Upon hearing of the new developments on the ground, Kalrafex immediately decided to land and take to the battle personally.
They had lost 500k of their soldiers in the first part of the counterattack by the Collective in one of the landing zones, but their losses were significantly reduced in the sites away from Dest.
On that battlefield, the Volictors were surrounded by the collective's soldiers. However, since they were grouped together, they were able to form up a very strong defense against the creatures of flowing flesh. Their defense was aided by constant blasts from the cannons of all the ships that had landed to form their bases.
And, it was at the base where Dest was opposing the Volictors that Kalrafex landed to take the fight into his own hands.
Does Dest have a recharge time on his abilities?

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Woah! That sure is an odd feeling, I can hear everyone, is there a way to turn it off?

"How do you feel Blred?"

"Quite odd sir, but quite powerful!"

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
No recharge time as such, but too much energy put through him will simply blow him to shreds, so the Hivemind usually hold back. In other words, his powers work any time, but it's best to allow time to recover. Also, the super-massive powers don't work unless the Hivemind takes direct control, which would disadvantage the Collective as a whole

Dest also has his own, less powerful psychic powers that are the equivalent as ranged weapons

The Collective forces were hit by the cannon fire, but as they fought among the Volictors, so were their foes.

Telepathically, Dest saw through another soldier's eyes, and spotted Kalrafex entering the battle. He disconnected himself from the Hivemind and lengthened his legs, then jumped over the battlefield. As he came down, the Collective troops cleared an area and continued fighting seamlessly, and he landed to face Kalrafex with a bow

"Tell me," he asked, "Do the Volictors have such a thing as a duel?"