Space Invaders! (Closed)

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
"High Keeper!, the enemy is preparing to fire a gravitational flux generator!" a Novavore commander replied.

"A what?" Sylvan asked

"A black hole generator, sir!" the commander clarified.

"Fire missiles now!. Novavores, launch the EMP generator. Shut those generators down now!"

The drones dived from overhead firing a salvo of missiles towards the surface. On the ground the warriors had initiated the Electo-Magnetic Pulse Cannon aimed at the Ladredas weapons. A whirling sound was heard and the barrel of the cannon began to glow blue as it charged.

"FIRE!" the order was given.

The plasma stream launched from the barrel and landed on the Ladredas position with a hollow thud. It immediately erupted in a lighting storm cloud, filling the isolated region with static charged particles,

"CHARGE FORWARDS!"

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Kelvan had seated himself at a chair on the ship he was on and was giving orders from a makeshift command post.

I don't care if the generators are out get them back on line, fire torpedos now, and up shields taking away from propulsion. Prepare for impact boost frontal shields to max and bring out the spikes.

From the ship came out small little spikes which floated aimlessly in space. However when the Novan ships touched them they exploded with the force of a small nuclear arm. The ships for forced to stop as the Ladredas ships recharged for another salvo.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
"Intruiging!" Sylvan replied as several Warstars ruptured and imploded. "Warstars!. Lauch the Ragnarok drones!" he ordered via the comlink.

Above the battlefield, the Novavore ships broke defensive formation. From the belly of their flagships, long black drones began appearing. They turned towards the Ladredas ships before engaging full engine power.

The Ragnorok drones moved in a spread out formation in their thousands, within a blink of an eye they had covered the distance between the two fleets and pummeled straight into the hulls of the opposition fleet. Upon impact the housed dark matter withing the drones errupted, generating a plasma stream that incinerated everything that stood before it.

"warhawks, begin flak bombardment of all ladreadas positions!"sylvan roared.

The smaller battleships turned to face the ladredas fleet before opening turrets on either side ofthe ship. A short delay later flashes of light was seen errupting from the ships as high energy fletchetts were lauched towards the ladredas ships.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
In the office that Kalrafex left him in, Tun-Dar continued to think. He didn't mean to waste the good commander's time, but he was still unsure of his decision.
What we are about to tell you, High Chiefs of the Ramgrogs, is of no small matter. It is, in fact, something that only the Council knows."
In Tun-Dar's mind, he once again saw the aged Ramgorg stand before him, the council surrounding him, as he and his fellow Chiefs stood in awe.
"There is a danger to the universe, one greater then any enemy. For this threat is no mere creature, nor is it even a foe: It is a force. An incredible force of power and destruction. Through many years of study and observation, using information that has been handed down since the very first Council, we have discovered a being we have named the Omega.
This Omega is an odd thing. It is like the opposite of the protons and neutrons we know of, but in small quantities. But not much is needed for the destruction of the universe.

In his memory, Tun-Dar saw the Council member Had-Dashe, the scientist genius, stand to speak.
You see, these Omega particles are completely opposite to the regular particles that make up you and me. However, when they come in contact, they cancel each other out, but leave a few...things behind."
"What in Rath are you blathering on about?"

Tun-Dar's fists still shook as he remembered Hag-Letorn, the most despised and arrogant of the High Chiefs.
"What he means, Hag-Letorn, is that this force is the rebirth of the universe. Once the Omega has finished, the "things" left behind will make new planets, solar systems, and galaxies. But some places in our universe won't be affected..."

Tun-Dar's thoughts were interrupted by a loud beep. Turning, he saw Dae-See enter through a door. "Sir, our fleet will be hear soon. They've received our distress signal, and are sending ships for pick-up as soon as they arrive."
Tun-Dar nodded, but stayed where he was.
"High Chief?" Dae-See asked, "Are you coming?"
Tun-Dar shook his shaggy head, turning back to face out the window that looked onto the void.
"I need to speak for Kalrafex first."

Was a sleep by the time you guys started posting all that. Didn't mean to keep you guys waiting. Anyway, hope this new plot twist will keep things interesting! Otherwise we'd just be beating the snot out of each other.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
While Kelvan was busy with the new attacks on his ground troops, Kalrafex decided it could safely leave the bridge under guard while talking to Tun-Dar.
Entering the office, Kalrafex greeted Tun-Dar again.
"Sorry about that. I didn't feel it would be prudent to have the two of you on deck. You said you had something to discuss?"
Don't worry about it too much. We occupied ourselves :p

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
"Kalrafex, you people seem to be off the decent kind. You allow other races, warring races, to use your hospice ships and supplies." Tun-Dar paced nervously, occasionlly eyeing the window looking out into the galaxy.
"There is something...something out there. Something that can possibly destroy the whole universe...well, maybe not the whole universe." Tun-Dar turned to look Kalrafex. "But there may be hope for my people's and yours. But you must first answer me this: Does the whole universe deserve to be saved? Does every living creature throughout the whole universe deserve to live?"
Tun-Dar crossed his arms, waiting for a reply.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Thinking for a moment, Kalrafex came to a conclusion.
"Not every living creature, no. And the entire Canrois sector can rot in the deepest parts of death for what they have done. But I suppose, to a certain extent, all races deserve a slight chance to live. But it should not be freely given. I realize that may seem hypocritical of me, given that we're attacking the humans based off of a whim, but that's how we rotate around a central point."
Sorry, kinda shot the serious atmosphere I think you were going for, but I couldn't resist

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Tun-Dar continued to stare at Kalrafex, before giving a nod of approval. "Very well, then I will tell you...of Omega."

Several Minutes Later
"And it will destroy all of the universe, except for the solar system that Earth resides in. That is why my people were so desperate to come here. Not only because we lost our home, but because this planet was our last hope."
Tun-Dar took a deep breath, feeling the joy of having a weight lifted off his shoulder.
"But now, Kalrafex, what will you do with this information? You can not tell the rest of the species what is going to happen, for they might not handle this news as well. Our Scholars estimate it will take several decades, if not centuries, for their to be some habitable planets to form. This galaxy can't support too much life for that amount of time."

Tun-Dar took a step closer to Kalrafex, trying his best to keep eye contact with all seven of his eyes. "I will probably be severely punished for what I have told you, but I don't think my race alone can keep a...perfect society as the Council thinks they will. I know we must have others to balance our actions. And I have judged your race to be one of those balances."
Tun-Dar turned away again, to stare back into the void.
"I think I'll miss the view after the Omega strikes. The lights in the sky...all going out. I shall weep for their lost, of that you can be sure of." Tun-Dar sighed, and bowed his head, mumbling a prayer to his god Rath.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Kalrafex had no problem keeping quiet about the new development. Yet it still felt the need for an ally in the fight against the Collective, perhaps the Novavores, and a mystery force that was still eluding the scanners.
Complicating the matter even further was the presence of the Ladredas on the vessel. Thinking quickly, and in order to stall Kelvan, Kalrafex ordered a platoon of troops to be sent down to the site where the Ladredas were under attack, in order to assist in the fight.
It also ordered several strafing runs from the bombers on what appeared to be the main force of the Novavores attacking Kelvan's forces.
I will not be online much, if at all tomorrow. I'll catch up when I get back. Later!

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
The battle was still raging when some reinforcements were received the battle began to turn as the Ladredas were beginning to gain ground against this new enemy

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Langthrax sat patiently, in his office/ cabin of his Ghost. However, it seemed that others weren't so patient.

"Langthrax, this is Sahnung, do you read me?"

"Loud and clear, Sahnung. What's up?"

"We're starting to worry about this situation."

"Any reason why?"

"Well, we're just paranoid of what they're planning, and why they're taking so long."

"Then don't be. Keep still."

"We want to attack."

"But if we do attack they will have better chances of finding us, and discovering how we have been hidden for so long. If we stand still, at least we can avoid being seen. Remember, I'm in charge of this mission and although I should treat your opinions equally, mine must still recieve priority."

There was a pause.

"Well?"

"Very well then, Langthrax. We will keep in place. For now, but as soon as they attack us we will obliterate them."

"I expect no more, no less. Langthrax out." He then thought to himself for a while.

Sahnung better not disobey my orders. Or consequences for him will be dire.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Hearing reports of the ground forces pushing the attacking Novavores back, Kalrafex decided to talk with Kalvan.
"Given the appearance of at least three enemies in the past day or so, I do believe it would be prudent for you and the Ramgrogs to put aside your hostilities until the fighting with these new aggressors is concluded. Can I trust you to work amicably with them until the other allied races have been put down?"
Kalrafex stood back and waited patiently for an answer.
Well, I hope this hasn't died.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Tun-Dar had left the office and, using a friendly orderly, found Kalrafex when he heard him speak with Kalvan.
At first, he was filled with rage, ready to take both traitorous bastards out. But he thought of what he just revealed to Kalrafex, and why he did.
Perhaps it's time we used our head more for fighting, Tun-Dar thought to himself.
Outloud, he said "I'll be willing to keep a friendly relation, but only till the other enemies have been taken care of. After that, we'll see..."
Tun-Dar tried to force a disarming smile, thoughts and doubts still warning him of his actions

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Kalrafex was relieved to hear Tun-Dar's reply, but was still on edge as it waited for Kelvan's reply.
All seven of its eyes were focused intently on the Ladredas leader's back as it hoped for the best.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Letting out a relieved sigh, Kalrafex relaxed a little bit.
"Good. I believe we can put together a more cohesive plan if we all are on the same page objective-wise. I propose we start by eradicating all opposition in the continent the humans call South America. Your thoughts?"

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
"I will need to speak with my fellow High Chiefs, but the continent of South America will make a good base for our collective force" Tun-Dar said, keeping his smile.

Lost In The Void

Aug 27, 2008
Punching in a few coordinates on his wrist computer Kevlan looked up, "My ships are engaging a tactical retreat and moving to bomb the area."

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Smiling, Kalrafex ordered another four Inflectors down to the surface of the planet below to form up another circular base. One of the ships passed through the leading edge of a heavy cloud formation.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Bowing, Tun-Dar made his way out and asked a nearby orderly to show him back to his crew. He'll pick them up, send out a signal for his ship to pick him up, and then will go speak with the council to share his news. He was filled with optimism at finding a new ally, but doubt still nagged at his heart. He only hoped the Council would share his improved thinking.

Cause right now, i'm at work. I can do little posts, but this RP requires a bit more thought. I'll post again at around 10:30 or so.