Space Janitors: Episode Four

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
999
0
0
Strazdas said:
probably because the tie between episode 1 and episode 2 took a month, and most gamers nowadays dont ahve such long attention span. after all, the general tendency is "you can make up your mind about a mmo by playing 1 hour of it" on youtube is really grinding me.
I can make up my mind about an MMO without even seeing it. I always come to the same conclusion: "not worth my time." :) But, seriously, why would you need more than an hour? MMOs are not all that different from each other. All you need to see is how it feels and what the players are like.
 

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
756
0
0
Yay ive been waiting for a long time to get a show to replace Apocalypse Lane. And i think i found it!
Damn this is good stuff. . . . .lets hope George Lucas dont force choke you for using his IP X_X
 

Skeleon

New member
Nov 2, 2007
5,410
0
0
Is it bad I like the Deck Crew characters more than the main folks? :)
Very nice episode, the testception was well done.
 

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
356
0
0
Good episode though one thing before the episode made me laugh even more....

"Under Scott Walker Wisconsin is dead last in jobs" I'm so sorry but that's just funny to me for a few reason. Let's begin with the first one:
I'm not american,
I do not live in USA (even less Wisconsin),
I have no idea whom Scott Walker is (and I don't care),
we have unemployment problems here so I don't really care for Wisconsin problems,
I really don't like politicians,
I find american (and most of the worlds...) "throw dirt at each-other" campaigns degrading to everyone,
and finally find political commercials so extremely not fitting for Escapist in my view...
So please try uncheck political for international readers in your ad choices... :)

Oh and force-chokes is awesome! ;)
 

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
3,028
0
0
Aureliano said:
The 'Darby wants a promotion' plot is starting to wear a little thin for me
I'm actually going to disagree with this one to an extent. Darby's constant failure reminds me a bit of the "The universe hates Black Mage" theme from 8-bit Theater. If the show just kind of runs with that(and as long as the gags are funny), I have no problem with that sort of plot.

Anyway, great show once again, guys. Keep 'em coming.
 

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
8,407
0
0
Don Reba said:
Strazdas said:
probably because the tie between episode 1 and episode 2 took a month, and most gamers nowadays dont ahve such long attention span. after all, the general tendency is "you can make up your mind about a mmo by playing 1 hour of it" on youtube is really grinding me.
I can make up my mind about an MMO without even seeing it. I always come to the same conclusion: "not worth my time." :) But, seriously, why would you need more than an hour? MMOs are not all that different from each other. All you need to see is how it feels and what the players are like.
probably because even by being told about it from a hardcore player you wouldnt see everything in an hour. And if you think all mmos are alike then you clearly havent seen that many of them :)
 

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
999
0
0
Strazdas said:
probably because even by being told about it from a hardcore player you wouldnt see everything in an hour. And if you think all mmos are alike then you clearly havent seen that many of them :)
Alright. I listen to lots of news about MMOs, but ultimately, my position is still that of ignorance, so I will take your word. :)
 

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
3,028
0
0
Don Reba said:
Strazdas said:
probably because even by being told about it from a hardcore player you wouldnt see everything in an hour. And if you think all mmos are alike then you clearly havent seen that many of them :)
Alright. I listen to lots of news about MMOs, but ultimately, my position is still that of ignorance, so I will take your word. :)
And then the internet shut down. Good going guys. Didn't you know the web was powered by incessant bickering? Now all that's holding it together is porn and lolcats.
 

flying_whimsy

New member
Dec 2, 2009
1,077
0
0
Wait, imperial navy isn't a color? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!

Seriously, though, that was pretty funny and this show has been growing on me quite a bit. Definitely starting to get a red dwarf vibe from it.
 

Eamar

New member
Feb 22, 2012
1,317
0
0
This is really growing on me. Getting major Red Dwarf vibes, but it's different enough for the comparison not to dominate my thoughts while I'm watching it. Good work!
 

niceguy191

New member
Mar 11, 2010
77
0
0
Hashime said:
attackshark said:
is that the "Reboot" symbol?
Yes, it is indeed the re-boot symbol, I am glad I am not the only one who noticed.
I wanted so badly for someone to touch it and say "Reboot!". I'm not even sure what the episode was about, I was distracted by how many things the symbol was plastered on
 

Rainboq

New member
Nov 19, 2009
16,620
0
0
._. Nested tests... My god...

OT: Loving the series guys! Keep up the good work!
 

floppylobster

New member
Oct 22, 2008
1,528
0
0
It feels like you're starting to reference and rely other people's work just a bit too much for your comedy. A few references here and there are okay but eventually you're going to have to establish your own universe and stop leaning so heavily on Star Wars (and others) for your laughs. Perhaps start trying to get an over-arcing plot thread going, each episode seems totally disconnected from action of the last. You've made some episodes so start building on what you've already established. Acting is above average, characters are ever so slowly being established. Good luck. Definitely a high quality production (any one who thinks making something this good is easy has never tried it for themselves).