Space Janitors: Episode One

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
I'll reserve my judgement until i've seen some of the following episodes. But i like what i've seen so far. (The pilot)

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I was enjoying it until it got to the Star Wars bit, then I just felt like I was on the internet. Ooh a Star Wars parody! How original. BUT: it was pretty damn well-written and acted and filmed, all you need to do is (ironically?) tighten up the graphics a little. Otherwise, I'll be keeping a close eye on this one. Don't disappoint me. I'm a nobody on the internet.

Purplecoyote said:
For some reason this reminds me of Mystery Science Theater 3000, and that's really not a bad thing. Can't wait for more episodes.
This. I was hoping when it was announced it would be an actual MST3K prequel-type, and well it wasn't I guess, but it did come awful close. I very much doubt Dark Lord or whoever he is will look anything like Dr Forester, though. Maybe TV's Frank.

Wesley Walsh

Feb 24, 2012
They better introduce a character at least NAMED Roger Wilco. This doesn't have to be a Space Quest type series, but anything to do with janitors in space has to include a character named Roger Wilco. :) Look forward to more.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Wow, I loved that, really really intriguing!

I think Dastardly summed it up for me, this show has understated humour instead of "HEY HEY DID YOU GET THAT JOKE BTW TOTALLY ACTUALLY?" that some other shows have.

Congrats to the peeps making this show, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this, and now I have to wait 6 whole weeks for the follow up? YOU BIG TEASE YOU!

Scarblade

Beta testing life since 1991
Jan 26, 2011
MMmmMMmMMmM, this seems to be really good, a worthy successor to "Tales from the Table", if that is what it is. I am looking forward to seeing the actual episodes.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Nasrin said:
Mouse_Crouse said:
Like it so far. Feels like it could really have some great material.

Having said that... what is up with this production scale. The size of the credits and the logos involved make me think this is a much larger production then we are used to here on the Escapist. What is the story with this show? Who's behind it and how did it get to the Escapist?
It's funded by the Canadian government, there should be a little badge on the bottom right of the Space Janitors mini site. They won a contest :)
._. The Harper Government, being productive? MADNESS!

OT: Very funny guys!

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
Was that a Space Balls reference at the beginning? You sly dogs. Usually the knock-off brand anything grates on me but when it's the point I just can't stay mad at it. Good work, boys. But you missed a spot. Don't let it happen again or I'll dock you another Imperial Digit.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
This looks great, been waiting for another real "series" to come along. The dialogue was a bit slow, but the humor was good, and all the little references kept me interested. Patches from Reboot, the Squall Troopers with Mjolnir helmets, and the rebels instantly reminded me of Mal and Zoe from Firefly.

I want to see more of this, it's got tons of potential.

klausaidon

Aug 4, 2009
Pretty good, however I seem to remember all the cleaning work done by droids in Star Wars. There are just human maintenance who keep all the droids running.
Of course, this isn't Star Wars.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Yay, Ontario!

So, what's this? Roger Wilco meets Star Wars? C'mon, you can do better. Take some pointers from Lexx!

Mar 30, 2010
MorganL4 said:
Anyone else immediately think Red Dwarf? Because the whole time that was all I could think of.
First thing in my mind too. Which was worrying, because when the "now if you want to talk probe droids..." line came up I got a horrible mental image involving Scutters.

OT: Shows promise guys, looking forward to the next episode.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
So that was pretty awesome!

Reminded me of Red Dwarf. Two bottom of the pile guys, one wanting to pass his astronavigation exam go places, the other fine with what they do!

For the record, I freaking love Red Dwarf! Can't wait for more!

ArkhamJester

Sep 30, 2010
Not bad Escapist not bad at all, but there better be a nod to the original space janitor, Roger Wilco.

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
So I really liked it, but I got a weird feel from the production. The video seemed fairly low budget, which is fine but between the credits, the blurb bellow the video, and some other stuff it felt like it was some larger budget production. Now maybe this pilot was a low budget trial (as they often are) and I'll get a better feel latter, but I'm unclear on the scope of this.

Also, am I the only one who finds it weird that they are going to be posting behind the scenes content before the actual episodes. If people haven't seen your series yet why do you think they will want to see how it is made, that sort of stuff is usually a way to benefit from an existing fan base, not to create a new one.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
This was mildly entertaining, but I think it'll be a show carried by the star wars fandom rather then it's own merits.