Spain Won. Goddamn Octopus Right Again

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
That octopus is god. [b/]ALL HAIL THE BONELESS ONE![/b]

I enjoyed the match for the first half, mostly because the Dutch were so fucking brutal, it was hilariously violent.It was especially funny seeing as the ref seemed to have lost his red card and was too embarresed to say anything, so he just stuck to yellow.

The second half was pretty boring, which it usually it is for me at the best of times (football is fine, but 90 minutes is sometimes too much for movies and gaming sessions, I'm not going to sit there that long watching tits kick a ball around) but it was a very boring second half with not enough violence from the Dutch to keep it funny and too much push to Spain to see some really great football. When the 30 extra minutes hit I was nearly asleep.

Still it was a great result in the end, the best team won, no doubt about it. I'm glad they pulled it back.

Little sad seeing them lift the cup at the end simply because it wasn't England, but then again it would have never happened, especially this year. And I'm still glad they won.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
I think Holland should of won but man that was a good game. The ref had some bad calls. What was up the Heitinga card?

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Deserved victory for Spain, Holland played like thugs and got what they deserved- nothing.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
adderseal said:
Deserved victory for Spain, Holland played like thugs and got what they deserved- nothing.
They got second place. Our Neighbors were for Holland I should add. A deserved Victory for Spain

PolarBearClub

Aug 7, 2008
Ickorus said:
That match was disgusting, that goal should never have been since the spain player was offside on the first pass to him, it doesn't matter if it rebounded off the holland player before reaching him it was still offside.

And some of those calls the referee was (and was not) making were ridiculous.
Iniesta was never offside. He was just on when Torres attempted to play him in, but it didn't matter because the Dutch defender intercepted. Then with Fabregas's pass, van Bronckhorst tried to push up as he played it but only played Iniesta onside and then couldn't get back on time to make the tackle.

I was in a club with about 400-odd spanish supporters watching on an absolutely huge screen. People are talking about Spanish players diving, but how could you possibly argue with the kick in the chest that Alonso got. The Netherlands should have been a man down before half time. robben could have gone down with Puyol's challenge, but he didn't so that's his problem. Van Bommel was lucky to stay on too.

Spain were worthy winners. They don't change their playing style to counter-act the other team, they just keep passing it no matter what, lovely to watch.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
DrEmo said:
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.
1. It's Soccer, not football.
Every person outside of the United States is going to start attempting to find out where you live and making plans to DES-TROY you down to your last living molecule I hope you realize.

No, it is football, We named it football first. Not your mutant padded rugby sport. Get over it.

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
I hate to be sceptic, but an octopus predicted roughly 11% of the matches played in the world cup. As arbitrary luck would have it, he got them right. Now if he predicted ALL of the world cup results correct, I would be less sceptic.

As far as I see, I could of predicted these with a coinflip and get the same rate of success.

JSkunk22

May 20, 2009
The only reason Spain got that goal was because the stupid, stupid refs gave them a goal kick after the Netherlands had that free kick and the ball was CLEARLY deflected away by one of the Spanish defenders. It should have been a corner kick. Seriously, this game was a damn joke in terms of the referees. Not that it should be any surprise, FIFA gets off on game winning/losing calls.

darkonnis

Apr 8, 2010
DrEmo said:
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.
1. It's Soccer, not football.

2. Soccer is 60% diving. To participate in a soccer team you need a Bachelor's in Theater.

3. The other 40% of the game is divided between passing the ball, kicking at nowhere in particular and doing the airplane.

I wanted the Netherlands to win. Oh, well, can't have everything you want, I suppose.
Well actually, it's football. Thats the name the majority of the world seems to know it as, and it dates back much later than any other sport which you may refer to as football. Theres a game called cuju which football resembles from china, about the period of 476-221 BC according to wiki. So no, it isn't soccer at all.

Yes there is a ridiculous amount of diving and cheating. But until they bite the bullet and get a video ref, no one can complain about the calls the officials make. The technology is there and is widely used and alot of stadiums (if not all) are equipped wit the technology to do it.

Back on topic, I was hoping the netherlands won. I don't really watch it and certainly haven't followed it but never mind. I fell asleep and work up 30minutes into extra time, couldn't even recall what i was watching until the commentator said. Does this put me in the hail octopus crowd as thats he onlyone i havent excluded myself from?

Femaref

May 4, 2008
voetballeeuw said:
I think Holland should of won but man that was a good game. The ref had some bad calls. What was up the Heitinga card?
tactical foul = yellow card. he already had a yellow, so it was 2 yellow = yellow-red = off the field.

k3v1n

Sep 7, 2008
as a German friend of mine said: yes, yes you might have won the world cup, but your economy is still shit, wise words you sausage-eating bastard.

somekindarobot

Jul 29, 2009
Dude, Paul ain't psychic, that's what They want you to think. Who are They? Why none other that the MOLLUSK MAFIA! See, Pauly boy's just a little pawn in their bookie and game fixing schemes, see, get the public interest in betting on football again, nyah. They're so underground nobody's heard of them so it's time to set the facts strai- wait, who are you, what are you OH GO-

Heh heh, just joshing around, folks. There ain't no mollusk mafia, and any no good wiseguy who says different's gonna get eight helpings of tentacle dusterrrr I mean a well reasoned rebuttal.

(Psst, if ya's interested in making some cash, go to the back of the Baltimore National Aquarium. Say Al Abalone sent ya.)