Spain Won. Goddamn Octopus Right Again

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
PoisonUnagi said:
Of course Spain was going to win. Big surprise, the octopus chooses the most likely outcome.
You don't find it surprising that the octopus KNOWS that's the most likely outcome?...

Anyway I don't think the Dutch will have won themselves a lot of fans today, even if I was neutral (I wasn't, Spain FTW), play like this:

is pretty discouraging to say the least...

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Pandora92 said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Of course Spain was going to win. Big surprise, the octopus chooses the most likely outcome.
You don't find it surprising that the octopus KNOWS that's the most likely outcome?...
Of course it does. Spain are on of the top countries in the world.

Serafis

Mar 24, 2010
Yeah...I kinda wanted Germany to win out of the top 4...but oh well. Spain vs. Holland: well they both did equally amount of "fishy" things, so I would presume that counts for something there. The ref seems to be handing out yellows in a rapidfire manner near the end of the game too. It's like every time something happens, it's a yellow.

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
Serafis said:
Yeah...I kinda wanted Germany to win out of the top 4...but oh well. Spain vs. Holland: well they both did equally amount of "fishy" things, so I would presume that counts for something there. The ref seems to be handing out yellows in a rapidfire manner near the end of the game too. It's like every time something happens, it's a yellow.
He's actually pretty well known for doing exactly the same thing in the premiership, I always thought he had a habit of giving out yellows for pretty much everything, but never wanting to give a red card, and he just pretty much confirmed that in this game (although in fairness it WAS a violent enough game to warrant a fair few yellows in the first place).

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
D_987 said:
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.
Pretty much my thoughts. It could easily be argued that the corner that never was cost the Netherlands - ridiculous decision from a referee that had done very well until that point. At the end of the day it was still Netherlands own fault for conceding such a poor goal.
To be honest, what the fuck was the referee playing at with De Jong's tackle?

He fucking booted him in the chest, that's a straight red.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Soylent Bacon said:
I should make a bet on its next prediction...

Edit: Oh, I should read more carefully. That's the end of the World Cup then? Does that...does that mean the vuvuzelas will stop soon...?
They...they never stop...

OT: The World Cup is over? So...we won't have to hear about it again for the next 4 years? Thank fuck. Also, give that octopus an octocookie.

Serafis

Mar 24, 2010
Pandora92 said:
Serafis said:
He's actually pretty well known for doing exactly the same thing in the premiership, I always thought he had a habit of giving out yellows for pretty much everything, but never wanting to give a red card, and he just pretty much confirmed that in this game (although in fairness it WAS a violent enough game to warrant a fair few yellows in the first place).
oic. yeah I agree with some of the yellows, but about half the yellows shouldn't have been called though. Makes sense, if at least he's consistent with everything else he does.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Oh yeah, lucky octopus! I think we should put him on Deal or no deal, see how he fares. If he wins all the money, then yeah psychic.

Guessing with 1/2 odds isn't that hard.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Well for the record, they finally found a way to make me interested in the World Cup. Admittedly it's kind of amazing that it took a telepathic genius octopus to make me even pay attention to the game but hey, that's one magnificant octopus.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I did not care who won.
And I like that octopus... He's awesome.
And I'm happy for the Spanish. It's their first World Cup victory.

Samus Aaron

Apr 3, 2010
Sparrow said:
Lunepyre said:
Sparrow said:
DrEmo said:
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.
1. It's Soccer, not football.
Silly Puerto Rican man! It's not "soccer", that's just what the Yanks and most of Asia call it.
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/its-football-to-you-soccer-to-me--fbintl_ro-soccervsfootball070110.html I found this article here rather interesting, take a look :p
Regardless, soccer is the wrong word. Therefore, as Americans call the game "soccer", they are wrong.

And I'm right, dammit. You play the game with your feet, not your socks!

[sup]See what I did there?[/sup]
Actually, to take it even further, you play it with your shoes, not your socks OR feet, so it should be called "shoeball" by your logic :p

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
The octopus is the messiah of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. We must all bow down, Ramen.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
That was the worst game of Communist Kickball I ever watched. The refs didn't know what they were doing, nobody could score, it was just sad.