Spanish woman claims ownership of the Sun

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
Great, now the sun will have to come with labeling covering half the package telling you how dangerous it is.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Generic Gamer said:
Tsaba said:
Generic Gamer said:
Well you just threatened America's energy supply.

Yeah, have fun with that.
I think we should invade Spain now, to ensure that the Sun is a free resource to everyone!!! I don't think it would be too much to ask if the rest of the world joins in too.
Hell, the first snow just fell where I am so I'm all up for invading Spain.
Mind if I invade a pub?
you can invade every pub, hows that?

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
I don't think the law spreads that far if someone was able to get to the moon and make there home there I dowt anyone who claims to own it could do anything about it, same with the sun or any planet at that.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
There is an amazing level of Hubris claiming ownership of something so unimaginably massive.

I mean that literally, the sun is so big you can't actually comprehend it. You can quantify it, but visualizing it in your mind is impossible.

Course the same could be said about the Earth.

And likely even a single US state.

In the end we ask for dominance over far more than we should ;).

sanguinator

Aug 23, 2010
RatRace123 said:
That's really... really weird.
If she succeeds I may not be leaving my house much, you can't use the sun if you're inside right?
unfortunately, yes you can. unless you have REALLY good curtains and somehow dont use any heat from outside.

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Wicky_42 said:
Yeah, it's the "national appropriation" there that's the loop hole she's exploiting - she's an individual, not a nation, claiming personal, not sovereign, ownership over it. I'm more surprised that a corporation hasn't tried this - presuming that this is an actually possible application :/

OT: I claim all local asteroid belts - including the unmapped ones. That's probably a good future mining investment, lol.
I think the logic behind it is that you can either own land within the borders of a nation or be considered a sovereign nation yourself. Since she apparently filed her claim in Spain, that would be extension mean that Spain claims the sun as owned by one of its citizens and therefore being Spanish soil.

But to be honest, the annoying part is not that she tries to claim the bloody sun, but rather that she acts as if she had just discovered a cure for poverty. It doesn't work that way, ma'am!

Freemon

Nov 18, 2009
Yesterday i was driving down the highway and the sun was blinding me. I want to sue her for sun misplacement. I might sue her for a murder attempt. As far as i know she did it on purpose.

Btw, my brother was in a region with a cloudy sky, he couldn't use the sun, he wants a refund for 28 supposed sun hours he was entitled to have. there's at least a few million people with the same problem at any given time.

She wants to play dirty? let's play dirty. let's drown the ##### in paperwork! XD

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
starhaven said:
she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the Sun
"It is time to start doing things the right way. If there is an idea for how to generate income and improve the economy and people's well-being, why not do it?" she asked.
So... this lady wants to do things the right way... by expecting the impossibly unrealistic? What?

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
arc1991 said:
Asuka Soryu said:
She can't own the Sun. The Sun belongs to only those who can incite the ancient scripture and call forth, Ra no Yokushinryu.
Is that from Yu-Gi-Oh?

Sounds like something Marik would say :p

OT: If she think's i am paying to use the sun, she can fuck right off
Yeah. Ra is the Sun God. :3 And Marik did say you need to speak the ancient chant to summon it.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
finecrazydud said:
Asuka Soryu said:
She can't own the Sun. The Sun belongs to only those who can incite the ancient scripture and call forth, Ra no Yokushinryu.

I would just like to claim ownership of this reality.

So anyone in this reality owes me a Reality Tax.
with that logic i would own it too

Alright, go ahead and incite the ancient hieratic text.