Spanish woman claims ownership of the Sun

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
She should go inspect her acquisition and make sure no one duped her, she needs to get real close to see any problems...

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
"The document issued by the notary public declares Duran to be the "owner of the Sun, a star of spectral type G2, located in the centre of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometres"."

And meanwhile, the Spanish Inquisition showed up to challenge her heresy.

/nobody expected that!

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
So she now owns the sun huh?

Does this mean I (and everyone else) can sue this woman for sun damage to property, skin, and dozens of other things the sun kills?

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
This can't happen right? I mean, even if it can legally happen, there's an assassination plan right? World governments wouldn't allow this sort of thing.
Hell, I'll volunteer to be the hitman
[sub][sub]If only so I can somehow take the sun for myself and do the same thing, but without the donations to charity.[/sub][/sub]

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
7moreDead said:
If she owns it, and I get sunburnt...I am taking her to the cleaners >=D
Everyone go outside and get sun burns we will sue her to exctition!

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
I can't wait for a first lawsuit against that woman from skin cancer victims.

If this happens, if she does get a certificate of ownership I'm going to build a nuke so powerful and destroy entire Earth because I will know without any doubt that human race doesn't deserve to exist.

Wildcard5

Jun 27, 2010
Yeah... I am sure that she will be able to collect on THAT tax. I am honestly curious as to how anyone can attempt to tax a natural resource that requires no real refining with clean conscious.

MrNickster

Apr 23, 2010
I stake my claim for all the planets soil, water and air. Gimme your cash.

Ina ll seriousness, I think this might just be a big joke, no-one will ever pay some woman who claims ownership of the sun money for sunlight.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
During the Summer, her sun evaporates water from my garden pond and I need to keep filling it up or my fish will die.

I should send her a Cease and Desist order and demand that she stops stealing my water and trying to kill my fish, or I'll sue her for all the profits of her illegal activity.

I'm pretty sure she's also the person responsible for the colours fading from the cushions of the sofa in my conservatory...

This woman is an idiot and I hope she'll soon regret taking responsibility for all the detrimental effects of sunlight across the world.

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
If she owns the sun she should have to pay for everyone who gets skin cancers health care bills. I mean something she owns in giving people cancer, its only fair right?

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Yeah, good luck enforcing your claim, lady. Do you have a Death Star to hold onto your real one?

Good luck with getting anything out of this at all, other than media attention.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Mr Pantomime said:
Im not worried. If shes tries to tax this she'll be dead within the month.
Or sued into the ground by every sunburned yahoo in existence.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Okay, you can have it. it is a wonderful piece of real estate, that is, if you can ignore the.... undesirable heat.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
This made me laugh, then cry, then laugh, then just laugh louder.

I wonder if she realizes that people who "own" stars, usually share "ownership" with other people. And I too wonder how in the world she's going to tax people for the sun. Whats next? A person saying he owns the clouds and all that come from them, so we have to pay his tax for the rain?

actaully... If i were to take this seriously (which i would need a labotomy for), She could easily end world deficits by claiming back taxes on the sun and all in the history of the Earth that used it. So if you add up the tax amount, interest, and penalties/fees that we and our ancestors owe... I think we just found the riches human to ever live... EVER. Even if she only keeps 10% of what she gets, and pays income tax on it.

AND, if the man who owns the moon sees this, he could charge all of us for all moving water, the waves surfers surf on, and anything the moon itself effects (now the vampyres and werewolves will be pissed). Or, at least he could tax us. I introduce the second richest person in the world (if he keeps 10%. If he's smart and keeps more, while paying taxes he'll bypass thsi woman easily.).