Spec Ops: The Line is the best (military) shooter ever

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
NearLifeExperience said:
One question remains though:
At the very end, when Walker is talking to Conrad, you see several flashbacks that reveal the fact that some of the situations Walker found himself in, was actually his mind playing tricks on him. Like that moment where they had to 'choose'. My question is, why do Lugo and Adams keep following Walker when it's pretty obvious to them that he's lost his mind? Is following orders more important than common sense?
He's a madmen, but a charismatic madmen with a plan. I'm sure Lugo and Adams were scared out of their mind and talked to each other about captain going crazy, but decided to stick together. The three of them are everything they have got. Maybe they hoped to get out somehow, dragging their captain with them? Walker isn't the only one who misjudged the situation.
I think Adams tried to tell Walker about his madness, he just wouldn't listen or understand. In the end, Adams probably regrets having stayed with us and leaves Walker in order to die.

wombat_of_war said:
right there with you.. even a day later im wondering little things like are adams and lugo actually real? they seem to always offer the exact opposite points of view when you have to make a choice and they are facets of walkers personality as he tries to wrestle with choices?, could they of been soldiers under walkers command that he lost? is he sitting in a psych ward somewhere hallucinating the entire thing?

the game messes with your head and i love it
Despite whatever the devs said about Walker dying in the helo-crash, I believe the events were mostly true. Lugo and Adams were there and their deaths were accurate, Walker found Konrads corpse and dealt with it however he could.
I always thought that Lugo and Adams had too strong personalities to be imaginary. Besides, I'm too attached to them to believe otherwise.
As for the psych ward thing, after Walker goes to America, I'm sure he'll get stuck in one for his entire life. Maybe he already is, who knows?

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Gethsemani said:
Both of which are pretty ludicrous options. The game makes it pretty clear that the camp is too much for three men to take on on their, which is why they resort to the option they do. The second option also assumes that the guards would be standing around saying stuff like "Man, sure feels good protecting them civvies, right?" "Yeah bro, we doin' the right thing." which, to be honest, would be an obvious exposition dialogue no matter how well you wrote it. That's before we even get into stuff like the fact that you just recently saw these soldiers gunning down civilians (which would indicate that they really aren't that high on the whole "keeping them safe thing") and that Walker and his mates are isolated in a city with a full battalion of soldiers that have demonstrated that they aren't keen on the whole "sit down and discuss what's going on with the Delta Force guys who have just shown up in Dubai" but prefer shooting first.

Any sensible soldier would not try to make diplomatic contact with the enemy in a situation like the one Walker is in, that's the realism of the situation. Walker is a soldier and he chooses a course of action that he knows how to run. It ties into the theme of violence begets violence that the game has. It is a shame that you don't appreciate the narrative or its' themes, but it is no fault of the game.

Captcha: get over it. I swear, that app is psychic.
http://spaceramblings.com/cynical-bullshit-spec-ops-line-funny-games/
http://theshillinfield.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/spec-ops-the-line-is-a-bad-videogame/
http://theshillinfield.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/spec-ops-the-line-is-still-a-bad-videogame/comment-page-1/#comment-19

Maybe that would help you understand.