Spider-Man: Edge of Time Review

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Spider-Man: Edge of Time Review

Spidey doesn't use time effectively.

Read Full Article

xchurchx

Nov 2, 2009
i hadn't even heard of this game! ah well, the whole main concept of a spiderman game is the web slinging, maybe they were trying something new but it looks like it didn't pay off

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Color me interested. The only thing (and this may sound familiar) is that I really, REALLY want to know how the Nintendo 3DS version of this game differs from the console versions. How is the touch screen used? Is the 3D effect an annoyance or, does it add anything substantial to the experience? I've heard that graphically, the 3DS version is very similar to the console versions but are there frame-rate issues or is it a smooth ride? Why is it so difficult to find info on the 3DS version on this one?! It's been easier finding info on the 3DS Captain America and, Super Hero Squad, neither of which are out but both being Marvel and both having already been released on other consoles.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Goddammit, Marvel. You make such good films and comics, why can't you just make one more good Spider-Man game? I mean COME ON!

[sup]I still remember the time we spent together fondly, Ultimate Spider-Man.[/sup]

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Too bad. I'll reserve my final judgement for when I've actually played the game myself, but after the (imo) very entertaining Shattered Dimensions, it looks like Beenox screwed the pooch this time around. I'll probably end up buying it once the price has dropped to 20 bucks.

Sparrow said:
[sup]I still remember the time we spent together fondly, Ultimate Spider-Man.[/sup]
As do I. However, to this day I haven't forgiven them for that one fucking irritating boss fight. Venom vs Beetle, in a cramped room full of laser traps and no way to replenish the health the damn suit keeps leeching away. Grrrrr.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
oh wow
released for PS2?
that little piece of technology is still getting games today?
that's fucking awesome

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
How the hell did they port this to PS2?! I thought we were done.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Sad, that thus kind of turned out bad.
Really love Spider-man 2099 (the comic), so seeing Miquel in Shattered Dimensions was awesome...

But apparently, the sequel was... rushed?

Dec 14, 2009
So, not as good as Spider-Man 2 then?

It can't be that hard to figure out that what gamers want the most in a Spider-Man game, is some bitchin' web-slinging action.

Get that right, then build the game around that, and we've got a winner on our hands.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Wait, what!?, the PS2 still has some love, in 2011!?. Wow.

Well, Activision already said that they'd release their games in every single conceivable platform that still sells, but I thought they were refering to Call of Duty and not their other games.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
xchurchx said:
i hadn't even heard of this game! ah well, the whole main concept of a spiderman game is the web slinging, maybe they were trying something new but it looks like it didn't pay off
Beenox made the last Spider-Man game, as well. They're really not trying something new, they seem to just be taking the same idea of multiple Spider-Mans, cutting the number in half, and switching up the gimmick to a "time travel" deal.

The last game was a platformer and while one of the four Spideys was focused on webslinging, it was still in a closed world.

What amazes me is, while it was pretty lackluster, Beenox got another shot after Shattered Dimensions. And while this has a 64 at Gamerankings, it looks like Beenox is already getting a third game in 2012. Actually, I'm also amazed Shattered Dimensions has a better score at Gamerankings than Web of Shadows. While not what I would call a great Spider-Man experience, I think WoS was the superior of the two. Maybe people just rated it higher because Neil Patrick Harris was in the cast.

I really want a good game with Miguel O'Hara in it. Spider-Man 2099 was the only one of the comics from the line that kept me interested, so it's a nice nostalgia kick to see him in these games. It's just a shame they're so lackluster.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Yathzee will be once again disappointed by the fact that the web slinging is so misused/unused in this game. Seriously who sees Spiderman as a brawling type character? Not me.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Hearing Josh Keaton voicing Spiderman makes me want to watch Spectacular Spiderman again. It is starting to look like I'll never get over that show getting canceled to soon. I do not have faith in ultimate spiderman.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
A game coming out for the PS2 in the year 2011? There is only one possible explanation for this.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Tank207 said:
A game coming out for the PS2 in the year 2011? There is only one possible explanation for this.

Either that, or they got their tags wrong (it's not coming out on PC, either).