Spider-Man: Edge of Time Review

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Personally, I liked the story, but the game wasn't anything better than Shattered Dimensions. It has a few cool ideas, but only for the progression of the story.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Paul is new at this isnt he? cause he sounds scripted, and the over emphasizing emotions or certain points("everyones favorite WEB HEAD", with the pause definitely noticable).

Swifteye said:
Yathzee will be once again disappointed by the fact that the web slinging is so misused/unused in this game. Seriously who sees Spiderman as a brawling type character? Not me.
I do, but more int he sense of how you can use youre web moves during your brawl, like how Spiderman on the PSX let you. Id like the game better if the game let you zip across the room on webs, hitting hte opponent on each pass and creating webbing as a natural obstacle.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
A spiderman game without open space swinging in NYC is like a GTA game without cars.

We already see the potential of a spiderman title in spiderman 2(ps2). Please don't insult us with a button masher like this. Even Batman AC is going open world, why did spiderman regress to this?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
We need Treyarch to make another Web of Shadows game. Only this time, with the ability to continue playing after the main story, and if possible, without the whole city looking like a war zone in the end. The only good Spider-man game is a free roaming Spider-man game.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Hadn't heard of this game before this review so i wasn't planning on getting it.

And if it has that many missed opportunities it'll probably feel really disappointing whilst playing it. I'll save my money for November :D

Feb 9, 2011
Another sub-par Spiderman game? Shocking...

I've never even heard of this game until this review. That's some low flying, under the radar development there.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
I've been wanting to check the game out for a while now, and I probably still will. But my main complaint is the lack of web slinging! That's Spiderman's thing! It's what he's known for, and the fact that it's practically non-existent in this title just baffles me!

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
im going to buy the game just to watch the part about jj talking about the musical
again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again
also i love anti venom who have now sadly lost his powers in the comics so at least i get my dose here! (pun intended)

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
ya know what id like to see? a spider man RPG based on free roaming!
hell they even have an in continuity way to justify that now thanks to spider island! you get spider powers and go around the city either taking responcibility that comes with the power or being a bad guy... hell they can easily put most heroes and villians from the marvel universe in that! no problem! it will also increse publisity and possibly sales of spider island when it comes for hard cover and trade paper! (if timed right...)