Spider-Man Finally Revealed in Latest Civil War Trailer

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
Adam Jensen said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Scarim Coral said:
Also why is it they making it out that Rhode is going to be killed or maybe not?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

They aren't going to announce that "someone" dies, then give it away in the trailer.
I think it's fairly obvious that Cap will die considering that Chris Evans doesn't want to be in these movies anymore. There's really no suspense. The only question is how they're gonna kill him off and what will his death mean going forward.
I'm honestly hoping they go the 'Falcon takes up Cap's mantle' route like the comics, considering their friendship is well established in the MCU. The Falcon seems to be getting a lot more focus than he usually does as of late, and it makes my spider sense tingle an itty bit.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
I'd say that suit is...Ok.

It's better than ASM, but I'd not say it's quite as good as Raimi's or ASM2. Mostly the eyes being too small.

Not going to lie though, I squeed when he showed up X3

Khrowley

Feb 4, 2012
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Scarim Coral said:
Also why is it they making it out that Rhode is going to be killed or maybe not?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

They aren't going to announce that "someone" dies, then give it away in the trailer.
Yeah for all we know Steve might be the one to die so they can have Falcon be the new Cap. Although announcing there will be a death and then outright saying whom it is before it happens is something Marvel has done in the past in order to build hype.

Silverbeard

Jul 9, 2013
Wait wait, I thought Spidey couldn't appear in Marvel movies because of some legal claptrap that I couldn't wrap my head around even if I tried. Where did all this come from?

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Hey look!

CGIder-man just made an appearance!

Also... if I'm wrong, and that's not CGI, congrats to whoever made that suit... it looks so cartoony... it's fight right in with an animated backdrop.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
So no ones going to mention how out of every design they had to pick from they went for 60's Spiderman?! You know...

It's so hilariously dumb and cartoony I can't help but admire its debut.
With that said I highly suspect this is their grandiose way to re-introduce the character with a fresh start by returning with the very first suit. Afterwards it's fairly obvious they'll be going to something more Raimi in design come his standalone movie.

Also the trailer is good... I mean hey look Spiderman's back, yay, but... that was a quite the solid trailer.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Who's the guy who punched Captain America around the 1:54-1:56 mark? He looks be wearing all black and a skull mask. Can't tell if it's just a weird angle of Black Panther or a new hero/villain.

Awesome trailer though. I'm like drooling right now. All those heroes! Ant-man looks like a total goof though running towards the other guys near the end though.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Elfgore said:
Who's the guy who punched Captain America around the 1:54-1:56 mark? He looks be wearing all black and a skull mask.
Crossbones? IT's a short shot, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Crossbones, already confirmed for the movie.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Silverbeard said:
Wait wait, I thought Spidey couldn't appear in Marvel movies because of some legal claptrap that I couldn't wrap my head around even if I tried. Where did all this come from?
Marvel and Sony announced a deal like a year ago. Sony still has rights now Marvel does as well.

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
I think the spiderman suit looks like unfinished CG, like, the texture layers not been added or something (looks quite cartoony).

Whilst watching the trailer, I did have a thought:
As it's quite well known Capt. dies in the story arc (to be brought back in Infinity Gauntlet) I got the feeling though that they're going to do an Into Darkness and make the Blue guy live and the Yellow (and red) guy buy the farm, temporarily until Infinity War probably. I know they're both coming out of contract and it'd be the kind of twist they'd see as it sets up the next, Capt. wrecked with guilt at the death and why he brings him back in Infinity (probably at the cliffhanger so he's in Part2 and saves the day or something).

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Something Amyss said:
Elfgore said:
Who's the guy who punched Captain America around the 1:54-1:56 mark? He looks be wearing all black and a skull mask.
Crossbones? IT's a short shot, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Crossbones, already confirmed for the movie.
Looks a large majority of the interwebz agrees with you. Strange I've read the most popular Civil War comic and don't remember this character at all, even though he seemed to play a key role according to articles I've read. Maybe it was one of those ten tie in comics I didn't buy.

Thanks for the answer, Amyss!

Apr 17, 2009
Hmm, while I like the design for Spidey, especially how they've actually incorporated his occasionally-they-shrink-or-grow-when-we-need-him-to-emote-strongly eyes from the comics, it does look like they haven't quite finished the CGI on him just yet. He just looks a bit too polished and cartoony, like they haven't quite added all the detail yet.

Also, that scene where Ant-Man runs through Iron Man's arm, you look at the thing he jumps off and its clearly one of Hawkeye's arrows. Can we just take a minute to appreciathe that we're getting a big screen live action version of this scene:
http://i.imgur.com/0neAHGT.gifv

Dead Metal

Feb 7, 2010
Parasondox said:
Hawki said:
Everyone's talking about Spidey's voice, but what about how his mask's eyes seem to shrink as he speaks? How does that even work?
Deadpool. Well, one thing I liked about Deadpool costume were the eyes and how they were animated. When "Francis" escaped, the surprised look he gave worked great because of the eyes. So those who are working on Spider-mans CGI look must have looked at Deadpool recently and thought, "Let's get his eyes to be more animated". Well maybe they thought that but it works. But about the costume, it could just be his first look. It will evolve. He, or Stark will upgrade them. Peter Parker does that. I do prefer the eyes being big like in the Amazing Spider-man but seeing as the eyes here will be animated, they can do both the Amazing and Original trilogy Spidey eyes.
They stated the eyes would have a mechanism that allows him to emote like in the comics almost a year ago. So Deadpool has nothing to do with it.

Nov 28, 2007
Silverbeard said:
Long story short, Sony couldn't make Spider-Man work for them, so they agreed to work with Marvel and essentially share the character between the studios.

mojoismydog77

Jun 30, 2013
King_Julian said:
never minds the fact the suit looks awful.........the trailer shows waaaaayyyyyy to much of the movie off.........i mean leave some for us to actually watch when it comes out.

......oh but other than that i still cant wait to see it!
I had the same problem. I am sorta worried there will be no more twists or turns left for when I actually watch the movie.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Did... Did Stark really just say "Underoos" to call Spider-Man? I mean it totally works with RDJ's character, but I may have just been hearing things.
I'm pretty sure he said "On the roof"....
But that might just be me.

On Topic:
I'm getting too hyped for this for my own good!!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Guffe said:
Did... Did Stark really just say "Underoos" to call Spider-Man? I mean it totally works with RDJ's character, but I may have just been hearing things.

On Topic:
I've been checking reactions. Seems to be a consensus of "underoos" so I'm calling it canon. :)

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Guffe said:

On Topic:
I've been checking reactions. Seems to be a consensus of "underoos" so I'm calling it canon. :)
Yeah, same here.
So I'm just admitting my hearing is shit and joining the Underoos-army :D