Spider-Man Producer Wants Credit for Marvel Cinematic Universe

Nowhere Man

Mar 10, 2013
Hey Avi, I have the perfect response for you.

You ruined the hell out of Spider-Man 3 and you bailing on Marvel is the best thing to ever happen to the MCU.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
VoidWanderer said:
canadamus_prime said:
Yeah I'll give you credit for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I'll credit you for leaving so the Cinematic Universe could happen.
Yeah, pretty much this...

I wish people stopped with their attention-whoring temper tantrums, I am really NOT looking forward to the massacred web of the Spider-Man series...

Poor Peter Parker, even in reality he gets screwed over once things go well, very meta once you think about it...
Wow I never thought about it that way. Poor Spidy he gets screwed over in his own universe and in ours too.

Crimsonmonkeywar

Oct 27, 2013
Scars Unseen said:
I gotta say, he is absolutely right.

He does sound pretty arrogant to me.
Yep, I'll give him his due, doesn't change the fact that he's produced some serious garbage.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Let Spidey and some X-Men join the Avengers for a film or two and we'll talk. Otherwise get back to trying to dig the Spiderman franchise out the hole you buried it in and not by digging deeper until you breach the other side of the Earth.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Um...okay, look. Maybe there is a different story. Maybe the way the reporter told it isn't the true version. I'm sure there are a lot of facts and opinions that are being left out of this.
But right now, you know what you look like, Mr. Arad? You look like that kid who is throwing a fit because you gave away your toy because it wasn't fun anymore, but when you saw another kid pick it up and start having a blast with it, you want it back. There are meaner ways to say that--as other comments have shown--but that's what it boils down to for me. You're a spoiled kid who is having a hissy fit.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I have some grapes here for Mr Arad, but they may be on the sour side. Now, who here would like to play the violin with me while he bitches and moans about the worst career choice he ever made?

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
SonOfVoorhees said:
Granted he may have had some hand in the MCU. But the work to make it successful was more to do with the writers, directors, actors and the other thousands of workers that made it a success. Come up with the idea for the MCU is way different to making the MCU work and a success. He just sounds butthurt that he chose the losing horse....and probably the reason they want to make a spiderman universe.
I agree. No matter how good an idea might be if you don't have the army of talented people to pull the whole thing off, well the films just don't work. Those names that pop up on the credits are the folks that find a way to make the Marvel films better than the other films being put out by other studios.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Holy ****balls. This guy's IMDB page says he's slated to produce a Black Widow film and an Iron Fist film. This makes me very uneasy about the future of the MCU.

Paul Nhhdmmsh

Nov 27, 2014
RealRT said:
Eh, even as much as I don't like ASM, you gotta give Avi Arad the credit he deserves - he did have a hand in MCU and he did play a big role in getting Marvel out of bankrupcy.
Yes, so congratulations Arad. You're basically the George Lucas of Marvel on film. In that I mean you were there at the beginning and did some real good at a time when the opportunity presented itself and then after that short window became the biggest millstone around the neck of the brand you once helped establish that you're departure is now seen as one of the high points in that brand's history. Basically, thanks for the help back then but now STFU and GTFO! You're a hindrance now. Well at least now all you can hurt is the Spider-man brand. The rest of Marvel is safe from you and your dumbass ego and stupid ideas.