Spike's 2010 VGAs Were Lowest Rated in Program's History

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
I dont have Spike TV so they sure didnt get ratings from me. If i had access to it, i suppose i might´ve watched it, but it looks like they have to step up their game a lot to gain credibility.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
JMan said:
Besides Geoff Keighley is the executive producer of the VGAs and he's a complete douchebag. Angry Joe did an interview with him and all Geoff did was insult him when he asked him a question but when someone later asked the same question he gave them the same answer but without all the sarcasm and douchebaggery. Geoff also didn't know that Final Fantasy 14 Online was released this year when he was asked about why there was no Best MMO category. I was certain that anyone producing the VGAs should be aware of all the games that came out this year.
Well, Angry Joe got invited, Did he get invited just to be insulted by a douchebag?
EDIT: So I was digging around and I found the interview....Geoff Keighley is a fucking douche who deserves to eaten by a grue (Not that he'd know what a grue is being a corporate fuckhead who probably doesn't know jackshit about the industry he "SUPPOSEDLY" is in)
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2010/12/geoff-keighley-vgas-interview/

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I honestly detest "video games" TV, The Good Game on the ABC here in Australia recently did a games of the year edition that I watched, after enduring maybe 15mins I just switched it off and went to the escapist and watched some old ZP.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
fare777 said:
I almost vomited when they gave the best graphics award to God of war 3. Heavy rain showed immense and amazing graphics!
Further proof that people interpret the names of the categories wrong. Like when they see "Best Graphics," they read it as "Best Game with Good Graphics." We can argue all day of which game is better, but it doesn't take a genius to know which is more popular.

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
cocoro67 said:
Well, Angry Joe got invited, Did he get invited just to be insulted by a douchebag?
EDIT: So I was digging around and I found the interview....Geoff Keighley is a fucking douche who deserves to eaten by a grue (Not that he'd know what a grue is being a corporate fuckhead who probably doesn't know jackshit about the industry he "SUPPOSEDLY" is in)
See that's what I was talking about. The way he handled the interview by treating Angry Joe that way was just wrong. Joe tried to keep it together but eventually he lost his cool as he points out in the video. Joe really shouldn't have let him get away as easily as he did. Even the woman he spoke to on the carpet knew more about gaming than Geoff Keighley did.

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
It may just be my paranoia but most awards were rigged. The voices say that the awards were given either for financial gain or just to please the fanboy masses.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'm glad they have fun with it. Games may be trying to be a SERIOUS BUSINESS these days, but I enjoy seeing stupid, ridiculous award shows that don't take themselves seriously.

Every year, I try and watch The Oscars, and every year, I turn it off. But the VGAs are something that I can watch.

That said, the Neil Patrick Harris Voice Acting Award was stupid.
D: They actually are taking this stuff serious.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
meh.. the vga's have gotten less and less interesting every year. as the years gone by i begane to see it more as a glorified form of advertising.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
JMan said:
cocoro67 said:
See that's what I was talking about. The way he handled the interview by treating Angry Joe that way was just wrong. Joe tried to keep it together but eventually he lost his cool as he points out in the video. Joe really shouldn't have let him get away as easily as he did. Even the woman he spoke to on the carpet knew more about gaming than Geoff Keighley did.
Well the woman on the red carpet was Felicia Day, She is a real gamer chick who is a WOW addict and knows ALOT about star wars, She is your new god

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
How does this bomb, but things like American Idol or Dancing with the Stars don't? They're all bad popularity shows...

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
LightPurpleLighter said:
How does this bomb, but things like American Idol or Dancing with the Stars don't? They're all bad popularity shows...
Atleast American Idol and Dancing with the Stars actually is about what's in the title. The VGA's is just showing off celebrities and tossing in a video game here just because they have to.

Apathetic Flamingo

Apr 13, 2009
Truth of the matter is that we only watch the VGAs for the announcements and trailers. (Also to watch Neil Patrick Harris slaughter a few dancers with AK47s.) Their choices for awards are just flat out bad. We need to find a better award show to have the final saying.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Reasons I watched the VGAs: Bioware Announcement, Neil Patrick Harris (Even though most his jokes fell flat. Sadface.jpg), Always Sunny Cast

Happy Surprises while Watching: Skyrim, Portal 2 teaser, Guillermo del Toro and the song from Red Dead Redemption performance

Things that made me want to shut off the tv, go grab a slice of pizza and then blow my brains out: Dane Cook, MCR performance, Horrible award nominations and winners, the incompetent celebrities, Video Game Character "Guest" Appearances (Would of been better if they had Shepard as one but still dumb), Everything else