Spill.com Going Under at the End of December

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
Sad to say, but recently today Korey Coleman, movie reviewer and site manager, had just announced in Twitter today that after this month Spill.com will be no more.
https://twitter.com/Kcoolman/status/409038196841127936

On the site, he even give a 'thank you letter' to the many supporters and friends.

http://my.spill.hollywood.com/profiles/blogs/thank-you

Many of you have heard already that Spill.com will be no more after December. I want to thank every talented person who was employed by this site for your years of committed hard work. You may not have noticed, but you are an inspiration. I won't lie, I'm a little jealous of your skills. However, you make me work that much harder, and will continue to do so. I respect you immensely.

I want to thank Hollywood.com for their support. You gave us so much and afforded me so many experiences that most people will never have in their lives. I am forever grateful.

Most of all I appreciate the Spill community. Needless to say there would never be a Spill.com without you. You've given us many gifts throughout the years, but the most important gift is that of friendship. You aren't inconspicuous avatars on a webpage, you're friends. You've opened your homes to us across the world. You've helped us organize events to celebrate our successes. Most importantly, you were there when things were not so happy, even if it was just a kind word. Friends like that are hard to come by in everyday life, much less a website.

For that reason I can leave this chapter of my life with love and calm in my heart. Thank you.

Korey

P.S. - WE STILL HAVE A FEW MORE PODCASTS TO DO SO GET BACK TO WORK!
Even with the joke at the end, it is still sad to see this site go very soon with its great reviews and podcasts and the colorful cast that is behind it all. I hope Korey and crew would be able to find another site to do their thing, like Youtube or something. Kinda like ex-Loading Bar members Jason and Jeff who started Rageselect on YT and their own site: http://rageselect.com/ .

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Here's the Call-In show where he broke the news http://www.blogtalkradio.com/korey/2013/12/06/spill-call-in-show

EDIT! - All the audio reviews and the LDT episodes from 2007-2013 have been archived and are available on a certain file-downloading site, the other shows will presumably be available soon. If you have trouble locating them give me a pm

2nd Edit - Korey is making some bold-sounding statements on Twitter about how "this isn't over". Let's hope he isn't just bullshitting us. https://twitter.com/Kcoolman/status/409243055657873408

Okay, the temporary new site is available at https://soundcloud.com/kcoolman. There are some podcasts out with him and Leon (Martin now). Check Koreys Twitter feed to keep updated on when his new place is up and running.

Last I heard was the site getting some kind of 'revamp'. Then out of nowhere - "nope, we're shutting down for good!"

I go the the site literally every time I'm online. I listen to the podcasts religiously, I'm always going into the archive and listening to the older stuff. To say Spill is a big part of my daily life is a huge understatement.

And they really had a good thing going with "Spoiled!". It was actually the highlight of my week to watch the latest episode of Breaking Bad/Walking Dead and then listen to their hilarious review on it.

Korey says maybe good things will come, that this is a new beginning ect... But the cold hard fact is that once that site gets unplugged, all the old content can never be viewed again, everything he worked to create gets deleted essentially and the only thing left are vague memories.
Here's hoping some community members can create a huge archive because it doesn't sound like Korey is working to make that happen.

Seriously, if someone doesn't record their stuff then it's like having the Library of Congress burn down.

Billy D Williams

Jul 8, 2013
No... no. Please, no. The words... They aren't coming... I just... It's Spill, they can't leave! I've listened to all their reviews, not just the video ones but every damn audio review I've listened to! It can't be over!!!

Well, heres to Korey, Cryus, Leon, Carlyle, and last but most definately not least... Co-Host 3000. Good night, sweet princes, and may a host of Oscars sing thee to thy rest.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Oh God, I just read about it on the site 2 minutes ago, I looked at the image and thought that it was only Co-Host that was leaving.... Damn this is sad. I loved that site been a listener since 2009, many many of my movie decisions have been made based on their reviews. I am really sad, especially because I never registered as part of the community. I really hope they find some way to save Spill, through a kickstarter, ads or something.

These guys were not just entertainment they gave you the feeling of friendship and warmness that I don't think you can get anywhere else.

EDIT: First Mandela and now Spill this is just the weekend of suck.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
Never heard of it. I guess they do, like, movie reviews or something?

They obviously seem small-time to me.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
For fans check out Korey's twitter feed [https://twitter.com/Kcoolman], seems like Korey ain't going down without a fight.

beatboxingforthedeaf said:
"Spill.com Going Under at the End of December" and nothing of value was lost
Your post has no value so why post? What is the point? trolling?

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
TizzytheTormentor said:
Is it bad that I have no idea what Spill.Com is?

I suppose its sad to see a site that seems to be important to many, but I can say it won't really affect me in any shape or form.
I hate to sound confrontational, but why post? If it meant nothing to you then just move on, or at least add something to the thread. For example you could have mentioned a similar review crew that you favoured or something like that.

ThreeName said:

They were a podcast crew with some of the funniest and charming people on the web, they did Movies, Hollywood rumors, Comics and games. The best part was that there were several reviewers that argued about their opinions, instead of just a single reviewer just droning on and on unchallenged in his assertions(Moviebob).

Small time, but the internet will be poorer without them, since the only thing that comes close to them is redlettermedia, without the cynicism

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
ThreeName said:

Big enough to be the favourite site of the Pixar animators, they also seem to be very friendly with Rooster Teeth. (Here's Korey taking part in a RT Vine:

In fact, I'm wondering if Korey's "it's not over" news is some kind of partnership with the Rooster Teeth. It's something I've heard rumblings about for a while.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
idarkphoenixi said:
In fact, I'm wondering if Korey's "it's not over" news is some kind of partnership with the Rooster Teeth. It's something I've heard rumblings about for a while.

What ramblings, haven't't heard of any ramblings, please don't get my hopes up unnecessarily

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
O maestre said:
idarkphoenixi said:

What ramblings, haven't't heard of any ramblings, please don't get my hopes up unnecessarily
I don't want to get my own hopes up either, believe me. It's just something I've heard whispers of a couple of times.
Back during that big shake-up when HollyWood made Spill cut all those other great shows (Loading Bar, Remote Viewing, LEOG ect...) people speculated the same sort of thing, at least as far as the gaming section of Spill was concerned.

I guess we just need to have faith that the Bullshit Train will keep chugging along no matter what gets in it's way, I mean who's going to look after Goatsie? Korey says he has something up his Sleeve, so only time will tell what it is.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
idarkphoenixi said:
O maestre said:
idarkphoenixi said:

I don't want to get my own hopes up either, believe me. It's just something I've heard whispers of a couple of times.
Back during that big shake-up when HollyWood made Spill cut all those other great shows (Loading Bar, Remote Viewing, LEOG ect...) people speculated the same sort of thing, at least as far as the gaming section of Spill was concerned.

I guess we just need to have faith that the Bullshit Train will keep chugging along no matter what gets in it's way, I mean who's going to look after Goatsie? Korey says he has something up his Sleeve, so only time will tell what it is.
Man I was just starting to warm up to loading bar when it got canned.

The thing I really loved about spill is that you got to see the reviews that had opinions and perspectives that were different from one another, people with different nerd backgrounds and knowledge. It made you look at the bigger picture instead of just liking or hating something based on your own little nerdsphere.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
http://nooooooooooooooo.com

This seems appropriate?

TizzytheTormentor said:
O maestre said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Is it bad that I have no idea what Spill.Com is?

I suppose its sad to see a site that seems to be important to many, but I can say it won't really affect me in any shape or form.
I hate to sound confrontational, but why post? If it meant nothing to you then just move on, or at least add something to the thread. For example you could have mentioned a similar review crew that you favoured or something like that.
Just felt like sharing, I guess I wouldn't have heard of them since I am not one to watch podcasts, but they seem nice, might look up there stuff in the future is all.
Usually, they make podcast and audio reviews. They often recreate some reviews with some animation. Here's an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65pSOjo8vRY

The thing that's great about Spill is even if they're reviewers, they talk like people. They joke and discuss a movie rather than just "review" it. Think of it as Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel..if they went to bar after a movie.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Well, crap, there goes my only movie review site. Good-bye Spill.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
That news really bummed me out yesterday. I wish that they could work something out with Roosterteeth, but I am trying to keep my expectations low so the disappointment will hurt less. :(

Goodbye Spill...

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
On a scale of 1 to 10, this sucks.

Been watching their reviews for some time now, such a shame to see them go.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Fox12 said:
Well, crap, there goes my only movie review site. Good-bye Spill.
TheSapphireKnight said:
That news really bummed me out yesterday. I wish that they could work something out with Roosterteeth, but I am trying to keep my expectations low so the disappointment will hurt less. :(

Goodbye Spill...
Shit you guys are depressing me, you should have heard the call in show there was a dude that was actually crying.

Anyway Spill maybe gone but Korey said that he wasn't going to give up so there is that. Just hope he can get the entire crew with him on the new and improved bullshit train.

Random Argument Man said:
http://nooooooooooooooo.com

This seems appropriate?

The thing that's great about Spill is even if they're reviewers, they talk like people. They joke and discuss a movie rather than just "review" it. Think of it as Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel..if they went to bar after a movie.
That is a better explanation than I could come up with. Casual reviewers, with little to script.