Splatoon Wins Japan Game Awards GOTY

Dec 16, 2009
Fulbert said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Hero of Lime said:
Not sure what the criteria is for this award, but I can't complain. I myself still play Splatoon regularly.
Do you still have to play with the Wii U controller? or is the Pro allowed now?
I don't think pro controllers have gyro sensors so no, only wii u tablet gamepad things are allowed.
I never use the gyro controls since the tutorial. i'm just not one for any sort of motion controls
Hero of Lime said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Hero of Lime said:
Not sure what the criteria is for this award, but I can't complain. I myself still play Splatoon regularly.
Do you still have to play with the Wii U controller? or is the Pro allowed now?
Still the gamepad only. Which makes sense since it's so important to how you play the game. Having access the map in real time on the gamepad is very important, and you need the gamepad to be able to jump to teammates and use certain specials.
i never look away from my TV while playing, to do so seems really counter intuitive to me. as for the other things, thy can be done on tv using the joystick to move to them. works for lots of other games.

guys i'm not saying they should change. it's upto Nintendo at the end of the day. It just felt forced to me, and I ended up walking away. although admittedly, you can't play the same game forever