Splinter Cell: Conviction Delayed for Awesomeness

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Splinter Cell: Conviction Delayed for Awesomeness

Splinter Cell: Conviction [http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Splinter-Cell-Conviction-Xbox-360/dp/B000SQ5LQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278694472&sr=1-1] used to be merely "brilliant," but now it's going to be "awesome," says Ubisoft - which is why the game's being delayed.

The bad news: The release of Splinter Cell: Conviction has been pushed back, with Sam Fisher slinking his way from February 26th all the way back to sometime in fiscal year 2010 (which starts in April). What could the reason possibly be? Is it because Ubisoft isn't finished with the game yet, and a delay throws questions about quality into the mix? Is it because Ubisoft is worried about competing with a significantly stronger-than-usual first quarter?

The good news: Nope, it's just because the developers wanted to take the extra time to polish the game and make it as super-shiny as they possibly could - at least, according to an Ubisoft spokesperson [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sc-conviction-delayed-for-polish] who spoke with Eurogamer. "The game looks brilliant, but we want it to be awesome," quoth the company representative.

Well, that's good to hear, assuming you take them at their word, anyway. A delayed game will come out, but a bad game is bad forever (or until it gets patched, these days). So just keep on waiting, and keep on hoping, and then you'll eventually be able to get your hands on one of the year's most highly-anticipated titles ... but we don't know when. That Sam Fisher is a sneaky one, that he is.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
"extra-polish"....riiiiiiight. still getting this on release, whenever that will be.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Of course it got delayed... Sam Fisher, in his time off, started to play a game of War with Duke Nukem.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
They're lying.

As I've pointed out on another thread, it's to balance out something to do with the fiscal years because Avatar: The Game (and some others I guess) made this one shit.

My proof?

Logic.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
"Brilliant" is better than "awesome"
They know that, right?
Thought the exact same thing when I read the article. So basically they're downgrading it?!?

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
John Funk said:
A delayed game will come out, but a bad game is bad forever (or until it gets patched, these days).
Unless its Duke Nukem Forever!

How long has this game been in development? I seem to remember seeing game footage waay back. like 2008 wasnt it!?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The problem now if they say that and it isnt awesome...then, you are going to see some major stick from the community...

The fact they are saying that must be code. Awesome meaning "Oh Snap! MOAR Development!"

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I do so very much hope that this is true. This is the one Splinter Cell title in the history of Splinter Cell that actually has me somewhat excited.

Scratch that. The first did look pretty damn righteous with its awesome textures and especially the lighting effects, but later I found that gameplay-wise it was rather dull and unintuitive for little old me.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Can't help but think Mr. Fisher has taken a leaf out of Ezio's book on how to assassinate whilst hanging from a ledge

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I'm ok with this.
I'm for sure getting it on Day 1, but this gives me more time to really enjoy Mass Effect 2 a few times.
It's ok, Ubisoft. Go ahead and polish.

EDIT:
messy said:
Can't help but think Mr. Fisher has taken a leaf out of Ezio's book on how to assassinate whilst hanging from a ledge
Or Ezio stole it from Sam, since he was doing it in Chaos Theory.