Spoiler talk in: bioshock

Dany_the_penguin

Apr 5, 2020
I have reached something known as a little sister and am being told of harvesting them? Should I or should I not? I don't care if it affects the ending because personally, I consider that to be a bullshit consequence. My question is if there will be any consequence to the moment to moment gameplay?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No, it won't change the moment to moment gameplay.
Also not harvesting them gives you a much better advantage over time, since they come back and leave you better gifts.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Besides the ending (which is one of the worst examples of binary moral choice endings) it's a short term versus long term payoff. The game tries to trick you into thinking you will lose out if you save the little sisters, but long term the rewards you get will be more valuable than the direct ADAM gained from harvesting them. So the question is, do you need to be stronger now, or are you okay to wait and be stronger in the late game?

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I never harvested a little Sister. I felt like a Grey Knight clearing out a few cultists in the middle of the game.

I don't think it's necessary. The only difference is you'll have more Adam if you survive the Big Daddy being aggro with you.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Eh...yes and no, but mostly no. The choice to harvest or save the Little Sister is obviously the morality element of Bioshock, and the morality element is principally seen in the ending cinematic. Where it is a kinda yes is that harvesting gives you more Adam immediately, but you get both bonus Adam (bringing the total up to about 90% of what you'd get via harvesting) and free exclusive plasmids, tonics, and special ammo whenever you hit a 'save' threshold. To be honest, 2K rather bungled the morality system, as the evil path is ultimately less rewarding by arguably a wide margin.

Last edited:

Dany_the_penguin

Apr 5, 2020
Eh...yes and no, but mostly no. The choice to harvest or save the Little Sister is obviously the morality element of Bioshock, and the morality element is principally seen in the ending cinematic. Where it is a kinda yes is that harvesting gives you more Adam immediately, but you get both bonus Adam (bringing the total up to about 90% of what you'd get via harvesting) and free exclusive plasmids, tonics, and special ammo whenever you hit a 'save' threshold. To be honest, 2K rather bungled the morality system, as the evil path is ultimately less rewarding by arguably a wide margin.
I don wonder how much of 2k's involvement was in this game, I'll elaborate on that statement when or if I ever finish this game.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I have reached something known as a little sister and am being told of harvesting them? Should I or should I not? I don't care if it affects the ending because personally, I consider that to be a bullshit consequence. My question is if there will be any consequence to the moment to moment gameplay?
There are some parts of the story that changes slightly on the game, but gameplaywise you get more ADAM to spend sooner when you kill them, however by saving them you get bonus ADAM later that almost evens things out.

Harvesting gives you 160 ADAM per child.
Saving them rewards you 80 ADAM per child + 200 ADAM present after every third child.

Making the math after every 3rd child...

160 * 3 = 480 ADAM
80 * 3 + 200 = 440 ADAM

After punching the numbers into the calculator, you decide which one gives you a happy face...