[SPOILERS] Justice League Apokolips War: Where should the DCAU go now?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Lmao what a shit stain of a movie. Art style is uglier than ever, the voice actors STILL can't give a compelling performance, and the gore effects are silly. But hey, I don't think people expect much from the DCAU anymore. People always bring up that DC beats Marvel in the animation department, which lately has only been true because Marvel animations don't really exist.

And so that brings us to the question: now that they're saying goodbye to the New 52 inspired reality, what do you want from the rebooted DCAU? Seems incredibly silly that they're having another Flashpoint, but better than staying with what we have now.

The number one thing for me is to just have some decent fucking animation and art style. I can understand trying something different because they wanted to show how much Flashpoint 1.0 changed things, but its just not a good look at all. Way too overdesigned, which seems to have led to a decrease in animation quality.

Another thing for me is: can we stop having so much Batman? I love the guy, I love his decoys sidekicks, but damn we got way too much of him. And not a lot of it was good.

Lastly, decent voice actors please. There's maybe two or three characters whose voices I would hear in my head when I read the comics. What happened to our Kevin Conroys and Mark Hamills?

So what do you guys want? What specific stories or characters do you want them to adapt? Do you think they should still be an animated universe, or all just standalone movies?

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Can they just not use Constantine, please? Ever since the guy was returned to mainline DC comics all they've done is butcher him. At this point he's a caricature.

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
I hope that, having touched upon a lot of the 'big' stories they move on to smaller character stories. Like that Justice League episode "Greatest Story Never Told" which is the entire League fighting off a world ending sorcerer...in the background as the main story is just Booster Gold dicking about

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I know alot of the DCAU movies have been hit or miss lately. Even the suppose good ones during the golden age I usually find okay, and fans tend to go way overboard on praising them, because Marvel does not even bother with their animated productions any more. Aside from Big Hero 6 TV series.

Reactions: gorfias

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
This one seemed to be Edgelord for Edgelord sakes, although it has some good moments. Harley Quin and King Shark are funny. Estrogon as great. But otherwise this feels more like the dark age of comics back in the 90's.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'd like the DC animation studio to go back to Young Justice, the Timmverse, and the reimagining of Justice League with Mexican Superman.
That's the sad thing about it all. Young Justice was resurrected, but as a shadow of its former self. They're doing a remake of Under the Red Hood, but with different voice actors and crappier animation and art style. Red Son was okay, but nowhere near as good as the source material. It really seems DC Animation can't do anything right these days. Of the what, 20? movies they've put out in the past few years, I only genuinely liked two: Gotham by Gaslight and the Suicide Squad one. I'm planning to watch the latest Timmverse outing with the new Green Lanters, hopefully it can bump the count up to three.

Oh, and that new Superman movie with the cell shading. Supposed to be the start of a new DCAU.

...what madness is this?
If Batman were real, I'd give him the sickest blowjob of his life. But holy shit, they don't seem to know what to do with him anymore. His most recent version was just a big stereotype with no fucking character at all. He's just there to look cool, be grumpy, and nothing else. I obviously still want Batman stuff, but for the love of god throw in more of his Family and make him seem like an actual PERSON.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Can they just not use Constantine, please? Ever since the guy was returned to mainline DC comics all they've done is butcher him. At this point he's a caricature.
I'm sad they de-aged him

I have a feeling that DC and Marvel are going down the drain financially and won't survive this recession

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I wonder if we can get some DC Marvel cross over cartoons. I'd love to see Teen Titans and Xmen team up.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That's the sad thing about it all. Young Justice was resurrected, but as a shadow of its former self. They're doing a remake of Under the Red Hood, but with different voice actors and crappier animation and art style. Red Son was okay, but nowhere near as good as the source material. It really seems DC Animation can't do anything right these days. Of the what, 20? movies they've put out in the past few years, I only genuinely liked two: Gotham by Gaslight and the Suicide Squad one. I'm planning to watch the latest Timmverse outing with the new Green Lanters, hopefully it can bump the count up to three.

Oh, and that new Superman movie with the cell shading. Supposed to be the start of a new DCAU.

If Batman were real, I'd give him the sickest blowjob of his life. But holy shit, they don't seem to know what to do with him anymore. His most recent version was just a big stereotype with no fucking character at all. He's just there to look cool, be grumpy, and nothing else. I obviously still want Batman stuff, but for the love of god throw in more of his Family and make him seem like an actual PERSON.
Batman vs. Ninja Turtles is pretty good and entertaining.

I wonder if we can get some DC Marvel cross over cartoons. I'd love to see Teen Titans and Xmen team up.
Batman vs. Ninja Turtles. I highly recommend this movie.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
This one seemed to be Edgelord for Edgelord sakes, although it has some good moments. Harley Quin and King Shark are funny. Estrogon as great. But otherwise this feels more like the dark age of comics back in the 90's.
Because that's what these writers grew up with, and they think its cooler then the goofy Silver Age and Christopher Reeve Superman.

And I gotta admit, seeing Superman being possessed by Trigon to challenge Darkseid was something I never thought to see happen and yet it was kinda sick.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Because that's what these writers grew up with, and they think its cooler then the goofy Silver Age and Christopher Reeve Superman.
And it's that kind of shit that that screwed up the DCEU in the first place. I like most of the live action DC movies, but I particularly don't care for Justice League and Batman v Superman I just found very average. That is why the animated adaption of The Killing Joke sucks so much. The Barbara Gordon sex scene was just thrown in there for shock value and not much else. I'm not saying comic books can't do dark moments, but there's properly dark, and then there's grim dark, edgy what teens think is adult and mature. I can't judge this movie, because I have not seen it, but I literally have next to no interest in watching it. There's always got to be an appropriate balance or tone to these things. It's not easy to do, but in the right hands it can be done. Especially when the people behind it actually care.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Batman vs. Ninja Turtles is pretty good and entertaining.
Oh I completely forgot about that one, but I definitely agree haha. Good animation, solid voice work (except maybe Damian), and it was just fun to watch.

And I gotta admit, seeing Superman being possessed by Trigon to challenge Darkseid was something I never thought to see happen and yet it was kinda sick.
I actually did enjoy the Trigon vs Darkseid stuff, because that totally makes sense. They both want to conquer the universe and could totally do it if they really tried. But I was still expecting... more. More than a bit of a tussle with some punches and a kick.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
If they're gonna do that, like sit down and actually negotiate that kind of money then they may as well do JLA/Avengers

Batman vs. Ninja Turtles. I highly recommend this movie.
Man, that movie was way fucking cooler than it had any right to be. And there was a dark part of me that enjoyed seeing Shredder hand Batman his ass on a plate in their first fight