Sponsored: Create Combo Weapons on the Fly in Dead Rising 3

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Sponsored: Create Combo Weapons on the Fly in Dead Rising 3

The Xbox One launch title promises more zombie-smashing with less hassle.

The Dead Rising franchise has always been about putting regular guys into the role of a hero. In the 2006 debut on Xbox 360, Frank West was a journalist just trying to survive the mall as he tried to figure out where the zombies came from. Chuck Greene was a former motorcycle racing champion cum zombie reality show contestant in Dead Rising 2 who had to fight the horde in a Las Vegas lookalike city. The new game will launch with the Xbox One on November 22nd and features Nick Ramos, a mechanic, in the city of Los Perdidos.

While there's tons of bells and whistles associated with the new console, Dead Rising 3 most anticipated feature is probably the ability to create makeshift weapons without needing to be at a stationary workbench. Ramos will be able to strap a chainsaw to a broom handle no matter where he is.

Oh, and you can now splice vehicles together to escape the thousands of infected. Come on, admit it. You've always wanted to ride a RollerHawg - that's a motorcycle combined with a steamroller - and burst the skulls of zombies like watermelons. Well, now you can. So thanks, Capcom.

Personally, Dead Rising 3 is one of the launch titles I'm looking forward to the most from the Xbox One.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well at least youre telling us you got paid to post an article with no new information in it.

Its a whole new level of honesty.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Greg Tito said:
The Dead Rising franchise has always been about putting regular guys into the role of a hero.
Greg Tito said:
Chuck Greene was a former motorcycle racing champion cum zombie reality show contestant
I... can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Either way, real-time crafting? <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft>Thanks Capcom for this innovative and revolutionary feature. Also I'm glad you've gone with the "thick filter of brown shit" art-style, because that hasn't gotten old yet.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Good. I liked the addition of combo weapons in Dead Rising 2, but it irritated me that I had to go to a specific place to do so.

Looking forward to the game.

Oh, and obviously, blah blah indignant comment about sponsored articles blah blah.

Jun 20, 2013
One improvement that actually makes sense doesn't change the fact that they ripped out nearly all the series' charm in order to get there.
The fact that this is an Xbone exclusive alone tells me that the devs are probably all a bunch of zombies themselves who probably don't give a s*** about video games in the first place, so why should I give a s*** about their cynical cash grab?

(I realize that wasn't fair in the slightest, but that's seriously how I feel about all this.)

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Hey a website has to make money somehow, I'm honestly glad that they're clearly marking them as sponsored - they could just as easily just try to pass these kinds of posts as regular news posts.

They could pass-off glowing previews as legit articles then trash the game in review like IGN does.
Having an occasional paid article doesn't really bother me that much as long as we have some full disclosure going on.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Does it still have a time limit? That was the main thing I didn't like about Dead Rising, I just wanted to run around a shopping mall in a dress, smacking zombies in the face with a frying pan.

Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
Hazy992 said:
Does it still have a time limit? That was the main thing I didn't like about Dead Rising, I just wanted to run around a shopping mall in a dress, smacking zombies in the face with a frying pan.
They have a traditional mode with the time limit and the normal mode that does not.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Tanner The Monotone said:
Hazy992 said:
They have a traditional mode with the time limit and the normal mode that does not.
Oh cool, that's a good idea actually. Everybody's happy :D

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Phrozenflame500 said:
Either way, real-time crafting? <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft>Thanks Capcom for this innovative and revolutionary feature.
And in more recent years The Last of Us has the same revolutionary feature. At least Capcom weren't pimping this as the next big thing like Infinity Ward and their mind blowing fish AI.

I see a trend with the Escapist posting sponsored articles on Xbone exclusives. Are they really that desperate for cash?

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Can't I just have some more Frank West? I know these devs aren't those who made the first game and I thought the new devs really dropped the ball with 2 but if they brought Frank back I'd buy that shit, because I'm stupid like that.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
You do realize its an Xbone exclusive right?

OT: I'm kinda worried about these sponsored articles. I'm very glad the site is honest enough to put "Sponsored" in the title so I'm aware everything said is suspect, but is my favorite videogame site really so short on cash that they need to resort to being Microsoft's marketing people?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
major_chaos said:
Andy Shandy said:
You do realize its an Xbone exclusive right?
Yes, I do. I've always intended on getting an Xbox One, because of games such as Dead Rising 3. Others like Ryse, Forza 5 and Crimson Dragon interest me from the launch titles, and there's also the likes of Titanfall (yes, I know this isn't exclusive), Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break coming in the future that I'll be interested in. I also intend on picking up a PS4, when they eventually have a selection of games that I'm interested in. Infamous Second Son and Octodad would be a couple of examples.