Sponsored: Ryse: Son of Rome Prepares to Attack the Xbox One's Launch

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
I've not seen much about this game outside of the vid from E3 and the recent commercial by MS. From that and what little I hear I can only guess it's in the same vein of God of War. So I went back and reviews what vids I could. Seems it does draw on GoW in the sense of it's story. A mighty warrior, his family dies. Just seems to lack the magic bit instead it's rooted in "realistic" combat. If this was sandbox like game I'd be very interested, but seems linear. Dragon Commander is RTS game where you can fight along with your troops; much like Brutal Legends. A game like that would definite win me over. Who wouldn't charge the line with their men in tow? Call a retreat as you're overwhelmed as archers move forward. If it's just a limited hack and slash I don't see much appeal towards play it. I could just pick 5-10 other games that do similar things. I'm sure the finishing moves will get old after a fashion.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
First it'll cut the power and then it will go for the booth babes and then it will kill everyone.

And that's how it'll attack the launch.

Also, quick time events are not gameplay.