Square Enix Delays Deux Ex: Human Revolution

The_Graff

Oct 21, 2009
part of me just wants to scream "LET THE NERD rAGE BEGIN" but then the optimistic side of me escapes from his padded cell at the back of my head to say "maybe they are just getting the game perfect?". if however it is released and we see that square have ruined one of the greatest IPs in gaming, then please ... NERD RAAAAGGGEEEE!!!!111

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
I'm really trying not to build this game up too much in my head since it probably won't be as awesome as I like to think, so a delay is good. It gives them time to iron out issues and details.

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
Adzma said:
'Kay. News I care aboot, plox? :3
It never ceases to amaze me how people that have no interest in the subject matter bother to voice that fact to everyone else. JUST DON'T COMMENT.

OT: I haven't been following this game that closely, but I am keen to give it a try. I'm all for delays that are required polishing.
It's a public forum, I'll comment wherever the hell I please. It never ceases to amaze me how people don't realise that.
The site isn't solely for your use and that comment makes you sound like an selfish prick, is what he's getting at, no offense.

Logan Westbrook said:
Square Enix blamed the delay on the poor critical performance of a number of big releases this year.
OH GEE REALLY, I never would have guessed this after the shit stain that was FF14.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Ldude893 said:
I see Valve's not the only one applying Valve Time to their game development practices.
I think it's a good idea to delay it, it'll give them more time to polish the game to the highest quality. From the trailers, the game look pretty good already, and now they can make it even better.
Difference, Square is doing it to be catious because of FF14 cluster fuck of a release. Valve is just a bunch of lazy fucks with ADD (I DONT care if they released several games after Ep.2, Those things were suppose to be short and quick expansion-ettes.)

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Good they need to think about quality after FF13. Besides Deus Ex is on my "get whenever" list

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
As long as it's just polishing I'm fine with that. Whenever a company tries a dramatic, last-minute actual change it doesn't end well.

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
Better delayed than a half finished buggy game.
I'v waited ten years for a proper sequel to Deus Ex, a few months longer don't bother me.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
I just hope this doesn't mean Square Enix is going to take a more hands-on approach with the game's polish. I realize that Square Enix own Eidos, but Eidos Montreal seemed to be doing a great job to me and I really don't trust Square Enix's decision making at this point.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
'Kay. Comment that's not useless, pl0x? x3

Good. I want the game to be awesome. There's no point releasing a game that's not polished.

Flapjack Ninja

Sep 18, 2010
Daaaaaamn! This is one of the few games I'm looking forward to in 2011.

Still, I now look forward to its perfection!

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Vaccine said:
OH GEE REALLY, I never would have guessed this after the shit stain that was FF14.
So, I can fish from lowest to highest level?

You mean... I can be a fisherman and nothing else... In a Final Fantasy game?

You mean that I'm not going to beat things senseless with massive swords... I'm just going to fish?

Alright... I'll go play some Aion.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, crap.

No big deal though. Only a few months.

I'm a bit suspicious of their stated reason though. "We're going to spend more time polishing it" sounds like PR-speak for, "Oh shit, we just realised it's not going to be finished in time."

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Jaranja said:
'Kay. Comment that's not useless, pl0x? x3
Finally, someone who sees my (non-existent) attempt at humour! A cookie for you, good sir!

*eyes widen*

Yaaaaaaaay

*leaps on the cookies and starts nomming*

Thanksh, kind shir.