Square Enix Delays Deux Ex: Human Revolution

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
Vaccine said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Square Enix blamed the delay on the poor critical performance of a number of big releases this year.
OH GEE REALLY, I never would have guessed this after the shit stain that was FF14.
Lets not forget FF13. Fanboys can defend it all they want but you cannot deny the polarization of reviewers and players alike.

DP155ToneZone

Good enough for Petrucci on I&W
Aug 23, 2009
I weep for this game.

It's not going to be Deus Ex. The trailers have had me more and more cringing and disappointed.

I hope I'm wrong.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
It's fine, take your time Square. I would have to punt someones head off a cliff if I had to deal with another Invisible War.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Aww...Damn it...

Id rather have a polished and good game then a rushed out piece of crap game.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
WanderingFool said:
Ldude893 said:
I see Valve's not the only one applying Valve Time to their game development practices.
I think it's a good idea to delay it, it'll give them more time to polish the game to the highest quality. From the trailers, the game look pretty good already, and now they can make it even better.
Difference, Square is doing it to be catious because of FF14 cluster fuck of a release. Valve is just a bunch of lazy fucks with ADD (I DONT care if they released several games after Ep.2, Those things were suppose to be short and quick expansion-ettes.)
You're obviously oblivious to the high quality of the games that Valve has produced. If they were lazy the games from Valve would be glitchy, depthless, unappealing and unpopular, and if you actually saw the games produced by Valve and the impact they've made you'll find that it's definitely not the case.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Nothing like companies pushing games back to bring all the hate out in people. Seriously, we've already waited 8 years, you can wait a few more months :p

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
At this point it doesn't matter how long they "polish" it. It has the stink of Square Enix on it. The kind of stink that says "We falsely advertised the 360 version of FF13. Hell, we made FF13. And we made FF14 and released it in a state that was barely fit for a beta test."

Adzma said:
It never ceases to amaze me how people that have no interest in the subject matter bother to voice that fact to everyone else. JUST DON'T COMMENT.
It never ceases to amaze me how people always try to tell other people where they can and cannot comment. It's a public forum for everyone, he has the right to say he doesn't care about the game if he wants even if he is saying it in kind of a dickish way that will probably get him a few days of probation.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
I've waited for a long time for a new Deus Ex game. If waiting a few months more means I don't get a reeking pile of crap then I'll wait.

Hell I'd wait another year if it means it's not another disappointment like Invisible War was.

barash

Mar 29, 2010
This is awesome, I abhor the all to common practice of releasing half-finished games these days so Square Enix just got its first gold star in my book purely for expressing the intent

Now, if they actually hold it until it is polished they'll be on my good side for a long time. Might even buy'em a beer if I meet'em in the pub ^_^

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Considering how Final Fantasy XIV was released in a half-finished state, this kind of move from Square Enix is actually quite refreshing. Hopefully, they will maintain such a stance in the future. They are certainly going to need it if they hope to regain any amount of financial success.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Well, it looks like Square Enix really dropped the ball during this fiscal year. Nevertheless, it's nice to see that they are supposedly learning from their missteps and trying to do right by their customers.

Lord Of Cyberia

Jan 4, 2009
Noooooooooooactually I'm not all that sad. I loved Deus Ex, as much as I loved Supreme Commander. I don't want to feel the crippling disappointment of another Supreme Commander 2. It vaporized what little faith in Square Enix to begin with.

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
ratio
the longer the wait: the better the game
if that = true then it'll be worth the wait
Besides, the gameplay trailer looks really good and the journalists I know of that have tried early demos of the game have had nothing but good things to say about it.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Oh thank you Christ. Now I won't have to be torn to bits deciding whether to play this or Dragon Age 2. Hopefully this comes out Summer~ish, it should help hold me over til ME3.

Camarilla

Jul 17, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
...it said that the company had realized that game quality should be its top management priority...
What? They just realised that making good games is important for a games company? Seriously? They actually admitted that before this, making quality games wasn't their highest priority?

Well, I guess it explains a lot...

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
So what's happened to FFXIII Versus? Square Enix? Anyone?

Oh, right, development hell.