Square Enix Delays Deux Ex: Human Revolution

Vzzdak

May 7, 2010
I'm looking forward to DX3. At the same time, I'm okay with delays that improve the quality of the finished product.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
I don't mind this being delayed, it will come out eventually and maybe I will be able to afford it when it does come out now lol.

Also, after the complete shitmess that was FFXIV, SE can't afford to release anymore games that aren't POLISHED and FINISHED.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
There goes my preorder for FF14. Nice of them to man up to their mistake; its this sort of mentality that shows care for our experience. Though their past few (FF) games have sucked, I hope they can survive this changed for the better.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Though I am sad I will not have any good games to play Q1 of next year I am happy they are willing to take this step. I would rather wait an extra month or two than be forced to look online for community fixes for bugs that should not be there.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Well a bit sad that it got delayed, but happy they are working to make it better quality wise. I am really hoping this isn't a disaster and so far from the looks of things it should not turn out that way...hopefully.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
YES, thank god some companies still understand polish, I wouldn't even care if they delay it by a full year, just make it good, make it blow my mind like the original did.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Eh, sounds good that they're gone to make it better. Sure you have to wait longer, but what if they released it now and it pulled a Fallout Las Vegas or something else went wrong? The waiting's a pain, but it'll be better with less chance of glitches. And hey, you can't complain about the wait, because there were people who never gave up on Duke Nukem Forever.

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Square really doesn't know how to differentiate between crap (FFXIV) and gold (DE:HR), that's been apparent for a long while now. They should've abandoned the MMO in its infancy and focused on the game that actually shows promise.

Still, as long as the game is good, and if it's improved by the delay, then the wait won't be too unbearable.

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
WanderingFool said:
Ldude893 said:
I see Valve's not the only one applying Valve Time to their game development practices.
I think it's a good idea to delay it, it'll give them more time to polish the game to the highest quality. From the trailers, the game look pretty good already, and now they can make it even better.
Difference, Square is doing it to be catious because of FF14 cluster fuck of a release. Valve is just a bunch of lazy fucks with ADD (I DONT care if they released several games after Ep.2, Those things were suppose to be short and quick expansion-ettes.)
Well you must look at the quality of games that Valve tends to release, usually followed by ongoing support...you know, hats and the like.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I'm glad they are going to give it more polish, but at the same time, I'm pissed that I ordered it this weekend and then this news came out. Oh well, at least I have it on pre-order.

Wolfinton

Jan 1, 2010
I am happy to be honest with you. I don't have the money to buy most of the games coming out in Q1 of next year, so this delay gives me more time to get more cash.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
It better be good Square Enix. I don't mind waiting, we've been waiting for over 10 years, but it better be good. :)

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Perhaps that last Final Fantasy MMO turned out to be a bit of a learning experience...

A delay certainly beats a rushed release, bad press, and a subsequent last-ditch effort to revive the game through patches and potentially empty promises.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Considering that I'm currently playing through Deus Ex and loving it, I'm perfectly fine with delaying it to ensure quality.

Meatstorm

Jan 4, 2009
They deylayed: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Wait? So they will polish it in mean time and make it great. I am ok with that.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Well, I'd rather have a polished game that was late than an early game that was buggy or unpolished. Then again, being a Valve fan, I've built up a tolerance to delays.

However, the statement that they are delaying for "quality" concerns me - quality isn't something that can be applied to a game in a few months, like a graphical upgrade. Quality is something that has to be in-built and developed over the entire development process. You can't "apply" quality to a game - all parts must be of good quality for it to be of good quality. The fact that they are delaying it "for quality" strikes me as an attempt to salvage a game that they just realize probably wasn't going to be very good.

I hope Deux Ex-Human Revolution will be good though. Square's reputation in the Western Market has taken a hammering as of late, what with the FFXIV mess and the release of Kane and Lynch 2: Dog days. Fair enough, K&L was published by Eidos - but in conjunction with SE. And Deux Ex HR is being made by Eidos..... so yeah.