Square Enix: Final Fantasy VI Mobile Port "Like a Remake"

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
StewShearer said:
"It is basically like a remake of the original VI," he said, pointing to previous mobile ports as an example of what fans can expect. "The battle systems have been altered for the other [mobile remakes] for Final Fantasy and VI will be the same." These changes will include new visuals, akin to the mobile version of Final Fantasy V, and gameplay that's been adjusted to reduce the strain of level grinding. "On the mobile devices the battle systems have been adjusted so you don't have to fight as much and can enjoy the game for what it is."
How can I put this. Lets try direct.

No, GTFO. Thank god this is just mobile bullshit.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Been clamoring for this remake since the DS version of IV, and what do they do? Put it on fucking touchscreen-only devices. I guess I'll just play my SNES copy again...

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
I don't have iOS or an Android. I do, however, have a 3DS.

Although saying that, I didn't really care for the way you had to micromanage your Esper stuff before every time you leveled up to not screw over your character's development.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Square just needs to fucking STOP making FF games for a while. The FF brand is so watered out it's not even funny anymore. When you can't get excited about a FFVI remake... something is terribly wrong.

Take a break from the series, no more semi-sequels, spin offs and HD versions. Come back refocused and put all your energy into producing a fresh, new main entry in the series that people can get excited about.

I totally miss the days where the numbered titles were the only thing related to the FF franchise.