Square Enix is a ?Complete Failure?

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Cheesepower5 said:
At least the Enix half of the equation hasn't gone off the deep-end yet? That's not a big deal here, though.
Only piece of Enix that is left is the Dragon Quest series.. and even that is jumping the shark and taking the FF11/14 route.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Zhukov said:
They've published some decent stuff.

I have zero interest in the games they make themselves though.
Seconded. I haven't liked many (if any) of the games they've made this gen, but they've published some of my favourites.

Their PC ports are always fantastic, too.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
Hmm, a complete failure is a bit strong. For myself, they have lost trust, which is probably just as bad in the long run. They publish some great games, but at this stage, anything developed by them in house comes with a big question mark. I think their biggest crime is milking the Final Fantasy name to death. I realize this series is already something you love or hate, but the latest versions require serious blinkers to love. They have gone from a developer who I used to buy software from without question to a dev I look at pretty closely before I purchase. I haven't bought an in house game since FF XIII, most disappointing purchase ever.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
And where's Bushido Blade 3 anyway? Best verses game ever, you could easily play 90 matches and not get bored. No new entry in 14 years.

OrpheusTelos

Mar 24, 2012
Do I agree that they need to get their shit together? yes. Do I think every single game theyve made since the merger was awful? heck no, a lot of them were great.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
So...
I guess I'm the only one here who liked Human Revolution...
I'll be leaving this thread now.
There, there, Kermit. I liked Human Revolution too. It's, sadly, one of the very few good games to come from this publisher in recent years.