Square Enix Offers Cyborg Arm as Prize for Deus Ex Pre-Orders

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Square Enix Offers Cyborg Arm as Prize for Deus Ex Pre-Orders

Also up for grabs is the less exciting prize of nearly $20,000 worth of home theater equipment.

Square Enix has hit upon a fairly unique pre-order incentive for Deus Ex: Human Revolution: If you pre-order the game from GameStop, you have a chance to win a cybernetic arm, as well as a large stack of electronics equipment.

In Human Revolution, Jensen is badly wounded during an attack on the company he works for, requiring cybernetic augmentation in order to survive. The arm in question is a scale replica of one of the mechanical arms that Jensen wakes up with after the attack, which Square Enix says is worth around $1,000. The prize also includes a 3D TV, home theater seating, three gaming consoles, and a $500 GameStop gift card. The total value of the prize is estimated to be around $20,000.

There are a few hoops you'll need to jump through in order to be in with a chance to win the prize however. First and foremost, you'll have to live in the US, meaning that European fans - like me - are out of luck. You'll also need to be a PowerUp Rewards member, although the free subscription will do just fine. You also have to actually buy the game when it comes out before the cutoff date of August 30th.

You can enter by mail as well however, which would seem to bypass many of the aforementioned hoops. To enter by mail you need to send mail a card with your full name, phone number, email address and mailing address to "The Marketing Arm Inc. Attention: "Deus Ex: Augment Your Room Sweepstakes", #140, 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452."

Even without all the home theater equipment, the arm would be a pretty good prize for a lucky fan. Hopefully the winner will have somewhere special to put the full-sized arm.

Source: The Game Effect [http://www.thegameeffect.com/game/profile/78dfdfba-2492-4d89-9f27-50646471c349?selectedArticle=Deus%20Ex:%20Human%20Revolution%20Contest%20Offers%20One%20of%20the%20Most%20Awesome%20Video%20Game%20Collectibles%20of%20All%20Time] via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/311087/news/pre-order-deus-ex-win-an-arm/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-News-RSS]

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
It would be extremely awesome if it actually worked. It probably will. What with Japan and all.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
I'm thinking of having a US friend to pre-order the game from GameStop just for this. He can have the TV. I WANT THAT ARM.

the spud

May 2, 2011
I would saw off my own arm just to be able to use that thing.

It looks badass.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
It'd be cool if the winner donated it to Alison from Extra Credits.

It's certainly an amazing collector's piece and it even looks better than I expected (judging from the photo).

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
SupahGamuh said:
-Dragmire- said:

It's certainly an amazing collector's piece and it even looks better than I expected (judging from the photo).
Holy shit that's creepy, it almost beats Kotick's souless eyes pics....

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
It would be a great gift from us not to mention it would be awesome if she could use it as a new arm =D.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
They had this on display at E3! It's too bad it doesn't actually work. Or maybe that's a good thing. I don't think we've quite advanced enough into a dystopic future to start replacing limbs for fashion.