STALKER 2 Cancelled?

individual11

Sep 6, 2010
This had better be a publicity stunt.

http://www.platformnation.com/2011/12/09/gsc-game-world-developers-of-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-series-shut-down/

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/12/09/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-dev-allegedly-shut-down/

Seriously.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Wasn't Stalker 2 "Clear Sky"?

But yeah, this really sucks if it's true. Stalker went through some rough patches, but where it worked it REALLY worked.

individual11

Sep 6, 2010
Blood Brain Barrier said:

But yeah, this really sucks if it's true. Stalker went through some rough patches, but where it worked it REALLY worked.
Yeah, Shadow Of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat kinda merge into one, as far as the story goes.

One of my all time favourite games I've ever played, bought SoC in 2007, at release, and it has never stayed unplayed for more than a month.

The atmosphere has got to be some of the best in the genre, I keep getting called back to the Zone. Some of the AI bugs and engine glitches were a bit jarring, but it delivered on its promise of an immersive open world survival combat simulation.

We're not likely to see a game of its calibre again.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/10/on-the-importance-of-s-t-a-l-k-e-r/

Unless it is a publicity stunt, then someone's getting slapped.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Blood Brain Barrier said:

Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat were 'standalone expansions', in the same way that GTA: Vice City and San Andreas weren't GTA IV and V.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
individual11 said:
Unless it is a publicity stunt, then someone's getting slapped.
Not a stunt. GSC Game World has closed its doors (citing the high cost of developing the game for both PC and console and low demand on console as reason) and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. IP is no more. I suppose there's always the slim chance someone will pick it up, but as it was both PC exclusive and something of a niche title even then, the odds of that happening are really low. The odds of someone actually keeping the elements that made it what it was intact are even lower. I think you're relatively safe in assuming you've seen the last of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

The lack of commentary on these boards is a good demonstrator of how few people have actually played these games, which is a shame. Everyone is always whining about a lack of innovation in this medium, and then when truly groundbreaking series do come along they get largely ignored and the developers go out of business.

Deathisgood

Sep 7, 2009
Hopefully they will read the posts below saying "I loved stalker :(". COP was by far my favourite, I liked it more than OBLIVION!

Shadowcreed

Jun 27, 2011
I did play S.T.A.L.K.E.R, all of them, though I never really got 'into' it all that much,
I started playing and after a few hours I didn't get that drawn into it- I love open world games though this one kind of seemed lacking in purpose as to what you should do in it. Yeah, i went hunting for artifacts, then it became dull and i stopped playing entirely.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Yeah, very sad news. At any point I would scream my recommendation for it at people. Well, may as well go and play Shadow of Chernobyl again.