STALKER 2 Developer Diary: Now With Custom Teeth!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

So I guess this confirms an actual sequel is in development, which is good news!

*addendum* it sounds like there really isn’t much to show yet in terms of the actual game though. Bummer.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Oh dear, this is in development hell again, isn't it? I mean, it's generally not a good sign when they're 3 years in and all they show is models.

Maybe System Shock 3 and VtM Bloodlines 2 will welcome the company, silver linings and all.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Once again, having an incredibly detailed game world is very impressive from a technical perspective, but it doesn't really help the gameplay.

Seeing them talk about seeing stitching and threads on the character models is all well and good, but shrinking horse testicles didn't help me find Red Dead Redemption 2 interesting to play.

Things like this, especially with a small studio, feels like they're wasting time and resources on things that don't matter because they have a very poor idea of what they're actually doing with the game, and it doesn't fill me with confidence that the game is going to be good.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Seeing them talk about seeing stitching and threads on the character models is all well and good, but shrinking horse testicles didn't help me find Red Dead Redemption 2 interesting to play.
This reminds me of the one and only time I looked on the Star Citizen roadmap, and I swear there was stuff on there something like implementing coffee dispensing machines. Unfortunately, you still couldn't really do something like get into a spacecraft and go shoot stuff.

So I guess this confirms an actual sequel is in development, which is good news!
I loved the idea of STALKER, and it was pretty good, but it patently never quite met its aims. I'd love it if they could make the game they'd intended, but like Dirty Hipsters said, fannying around with customisable teeth before there's any gameplay does not fill me with confidence.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker