Stan Lee Media Suing Founder and Namesake, Stan Lee

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Well I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say:
.... What?
Reading that made my brain explode a bit. That will be one mess of a lawsuit.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Stan Lee is seems like such a nice guy. It's a shame that this non-sense has to go on. Why can't we just let things be?

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
Even though Disney and Marvel aren't mentioned in the suit you can bet your bottom that now Disney owns Marvel they will unleash their unholy army of lawyers on these people.
why did i imagined a skelleton hand pointing whilst in the backgrownd a red sky in a black earth thoudsands of suits walk forward!?

and i was just seing a cartoon in Disney XD where Cpt America just woke up and fought Ironman and other super heroes, i was even going to comment that the cartoon looks well made and reminds me a lot of my childhood, even though its a new series.

also, come on! oldest trick in the book, Mayor company goes down, they create a subsidiary whilst no one is looking, transfer some of its assets there as to allow it to live on, declare bankrupcy saving something behind the smoke and after things have cooled down a bit, claim ownership in some of the properties (the ones that still remain) from the parent company

hell, it might even work!, xcept its ILLEGAL and obviously a scream for "LETS SETTLE OUT OF COURT"

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
So comes the time when the barons try to overthrow the king. Not so cool, man, not so cool.
Twilight_guy said:
Stan Lee is seems like such a nice guy. It's a shame that this non-sense has to go on. Why can't we just let things be?
Money. Without control of the characters, Stan Lee Media, Inc doesn't see any money out of the movies. Comic books these days are quickly turning into a loss-market and best kept around for tax write-offs. Movies are where the money is.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
.... What?
Second.
Sounds like one hell of a cluster fuck to me. If I actually understand any of that, which I probably don't, I fail to see how Stan Lee Media INC. has a case since the characters were all signed over to Marvel... eventually. o_O Ow... brain hurting...

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
See, Disney needs to step in willingly. Pay for the defense and offer legal advice. The whole nine yards. Then, Stan Lee needs to counter sue for the company using his name. I'm sure there's a loophole somewhere.

MetalGenocide

Dec 2, 2009
*Reads it once* This doesn't make any sense.
*Reads again* Oh, well I don't think I care much. Juggling wrights to earn more profits and avoid bankruptcy, but then someone says : I don't think so buddy. I worked for this and I want a piece of the pie.

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
FogHornG36 said:
oh and you think Stan Lee will be alive long enough to see the end of this? what is he 90 something?
Stan Lee ages according to comic book time.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
So Stan Lee is suing Stan Lee because Stan Lee did something Stan Lee didn't like?

(Oh hell, I've started to drool...)

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
Ossian said:
This is Bullcrap, Stan lee made these characters, I don't care what pieces of paper say, HE MADE THEM.
This company wouldn't exist without him his name is their company's name, this is the epitome of corruption in this world.
Really? Because I think the epitome of corruption is making something, selling it to somebody else, and then claiming that since you made it, it's still yours and suing the person you sold it to for more money. Which is what I think is going on here.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Reed Spacer said:
So Stan Lee is suing Stan Lee because Stan Lee did something Stan Lee didn't like?

(Oh hell, I've started to drool...)
Trust me, I can't even read that article without feeling the headache come on myself.. >_<

This situation reads like freaking pong.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
.... What?
Agreed. Someone who speaks fluent 'Legal Mumbo-Jumbo' should translate this article for us.