Stan Lee Wants to Merge Marvel and Star Wars Universes

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
"A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."

Star Wars and Marvel could already exist within the same universe pretty easily, just lightyears away and thousands of years apart. I mean, what's the worst they could do? Show the Guardians of the Galaxy flying through space, passing by the decrepit, long busted wreck of a Star Destroyer that's been drifting through open space for eons?

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
While it is already kind of true--Star Wars does say it takes place in a galaxy far, far away, not in an alternate world or anything like that--merging them is a terrible, terrible idea. No. Just no. Take that idea and put it back in its box and toss the boss into the Abyss.
You're forgetting the "long long time ago" bit. Granted, it's not like the Star Wars universe ceases to be feasible like it is already without having taken place a long time ago... it's just that it's already established to have taken place already, so a crossover really cannot make sense... unless the MCU make time travel a thing but that's a pretty outlandish pre-requisite.

The final nail in the coffin would be if any MCU movie has at any point made reference to Star Wars. The only one I can think of right now is Phil Coulson in Agents of Shield; "Huh... Tatooine...", so yeah - not a chance in hell of it ever working.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Wow, if we're not carful the entire universe might explode.

This is just plain nuts man.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Go absolutely nuts and give us Battle Droids fighting the remote controlled Iron Man suits or get out, Mr. Lee.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm for it but not 100% of the way. Yeah, I think it would be great to see a movie just say "Fuck it, crossover time" and throw in a plot about Fin, Rey, Luke and a bunch of Avengers trying to stop Thanos and Dormamu from taking over the Galactic Republic while the First Order attacks from a third side...but I would also be really interested in seeing a smaller scale kind of crossover as well; something like a Clone Wars movie about a squad of Clone Troopers who stumble upon an abandoned CIS ship only to find that it's full of Symbiotes.

Mar 26, 2008
I love ya Stan, but that is probably the worst ideas you've had. Inane banter about crossovers with multiple universes are what comicbook stores are for.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Yeah, this is a terrible idea. I honestly don't even get what people like about crossovers; do people just want to see all their favorite things mashed together like a child playing with their action figures? Different fictional universes have rules, different tones, different challenges and different overarching philosophies. It just seems like elements of both universes brought together to make something not quite as good as either.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
There are some things that should remain separate; Star wars is one of them.

My best example are the X-Men. People who make no sense in the Marvel Universe, when they're prejudiced against, yet, there's a bunch of other heroes running about who aren't. Being in their own universe would help things immensely there.

Rot Krieg

Feb 6, 2008
Oh my god! This needs to happen! Can you imagine the Deadpool jokes!?

"Luke, did you really kiss your sister? Soooo... she's into freaky shit, like a guy who looks like this?" *lifts mask* "Whoa with the barfing there, Jedi-man. Hey, y'all have Spaghetti in your galaxy too?"

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Still less crazy than what DC is doing, when they confirmed the thing they didn't said they weren't going to do, but everyone knew they were doing

Towowo

Sep 22, 2008
It might be neat as a single time non-canon crossover, but I could never see it happening on a permanent basis. At least it'd be entertaining.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Towowo said:
It might be neat as a single time non-canon crossover, but I could never see it happening on a permanent basis. At least it'd be entertaining.
One thought that crosses my mind is "Cap with a Lightsaber". Would a vibranium shield put up much resistance against lightsaber strikes? It stood up to Mjolnir so I'd assume that it should.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Oh fuck off, I have no interest in the Marvel stuff and a merger would kill all interest in Star Wars in 1 fell swoop. Seriously dumb idea.

Towowo said:
No it would be stupid.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
If done right, it could be an interesting side-story. Perhaps a wormhole opens and the Avengers get sent to help fight the Empire and try to restore the republic. The time-gap means we shouldn't see Luke, Yoda, Vader, or Obi-Wan popping up but a set of new jedi/sith showing up could be doable.

Real talk though, people take this shit WAY too seriously. It is a world with mutants, aliens, gods, near indestructible metal, people flying without wings, magic, and Deadpool's shenanigans. Adding another carrot to the pot of craziness isn't going to nuke the insanity soup.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
As much as the idea of seeing say, Thor throwing down with a Sith Lord or Captain America leading Republic Troopers into battle, appeals to me in a BIG way, this is probably a bad idea.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I like the idea, if only so that people that take Star Wars seriously get another stroke...

But seriously, that exists, it is called Disney Infinite.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
I'd support this 100% if it only means that Marvel movies feature at least 5 dismemberments per movie. I'd even watch them then.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Obviously, a movie crossover would be unfeasible. If it was a limited run comic book series, I would definitely read that. Especially, if they took some of Patton Oswalt's ideas like Chewbacca's head on a robot spider body. When a Marvel character sees that, he or she would start singing, "Spider-Chewie. Spider-Chewie."