Stanley Cup Finals Post game

dslatch

Apr 15, 2009
3rd period starting in a moment, just wondering if anybody out there in escapist land is watching and who your cheering for. Score is 3-0 Boston, no point in saying who is goin to win...

go Vancouver maybe you can pull a triple Jesus...

EDIT: Now for some post game thoughts.

leviticusd

Mar 19, 2009
It's on my secondary TV, but I'm just a casual fan that was hoping for an exciting game 7...so far it's under-delivered. I'll keep an eye on it in case Vancouver makes it interesting.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I'm watching and I'm rooting for Boston, and as of right now it looks like they're going to win. If that happens both teams I rooted for in the finals (Mavericks and the Bruins) won so I'm hoping to keep my streak alive.

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
Canucks....been too long since it's been back in Canada. Even though Bruins have more Canadian players. Back to the T.V.

Necator15

Jan 1, 2010
Woo! Bruins! Let's see how you fuck it up this time! (I have no faith in the team I'm rooting for... Sad.) On the off chance they win... Well that'd be pretty awesome.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
dslatch said:
3rd period starting in a moment, just wondering if anybody out there in escapist land is watching and who your cheering for. Score is 3-0 Boston, no point in saying who is goin to win...

go Vancouver maybe you can pull a triple Jesus...
I read that last time they got this far and lost (Vancouver), there were riots in the streets

The last time the Vancouver Canucks made it to the Stanley Cup finals the year was 1994 and I was 10 years old. When we lost, riots broke out across downtown and I have vivid memories of sitting in my grade six classroom the next day, while Mrs. Kirby, my eccentric Montessori teacher, loudly proclaimed her disappointment in us. Obviously, as children we bore no direct responsibility for the violence and property damage that had unfolded the previous night, yet as the closest available representatives of the ?youth of today,? we weren?t about to get off scott-free, either.

17 years later, I keep Mrs. Kirby?s stern words in mind as I watch my city once again teeter on the emotional precipice that comes with being one of the last two remaining teams in hockey?s most coveted tournament. Already on something of a patriotism high from the 2010 winter Olympics, Vancouverites have seamlessly transitioned into all-out Canucks mania, with everyone who?s anyone in the city ? if not the province ? expected to make some token loyalty gesture.
Source [http://www.filibustercartoons.com/index.php/2011/06/03/go-canucks/]
Let's hope that does not happen. That won't be good.

HyperDalek

May 30, 2011
Canucks man. All the way. We can recover and do this while the reffing is crooked. Mother-Freaking Optimism baby.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
you're abit late to start this thread now with Boston holding a commanding lead (its playoffs, and the canucks are losing at home, in the third period, in game seven, that score may as well be 9-0 for what its worth).

Anyway, My horse is Boston. They were my dark horse the entire time, and my number three after the Pens and the Preds respectively.

But also cause boston has Mark Recchi, and he was a former Pen. Its always good to see a pen win a cup, and the guy's in his 40s, so he deserves it.

... besides, the Canucks ar ea bunch of dirty pig fucking cheaters who need a lesson taught to them. They think cause they're canada's chosen boys with he Sedins and Loungo on their team that they can do whatever the hell the want. Piss on them, piss on them till they drown.

dslatch

Apr 15, 2009
Vancouver... jesus murphy they are playing lazy not just now but during the whole game. This is what they work towards their whole life and this is how they play like a bunch of entitled c*nts!

to the person above: Not a Vancouver fan (go leafs...) just want the cup north of the border, even though there are less Canadians on Van. made the thread late because the first chance i got i walked in my front door flipped on the game then had to shift the game to the basement T.V then makin a thread crossed my mind during intermission.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
dslatch said:
Vancouver... jesus murphy they are playing lazy not just now but during the whole game. This is what they work towards their whole life and this is how they play like a bunch of entitled c*nts!
Trust me, its been the entire Series. they've been getting some luck, but Boston has dominated the seven games (at least the majority), this could have easily been a 4-0 sweep, or a 4-1 win in Boston's favor with Vancouver winning the one obligatory home game.

EDIT:

WHOO! the cup's coming back to rest on American soil and Recchi gets another cup under his aged belt. Wonderful end, just a wonderful end.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Watching right now actually. Shame the cup isn't coming home to Canada, but still, I was always a bit hesitant to cheer for the Canucks anyway so it's not a terrible loss...

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Never understood why everyone roots for the Canadian team because there Canadian half the opposing team is prolly Canadian players anyways

GingieAle

May 2, 2011
I could honestly careless about whether my home team wins or loses (they're cunucks BTW). I just don't like hockey.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
quite honestly, I was hoping the Canucks would win, cause I was born in Vancouver, and cheer for Montreal