Star Citizen Funding Hits $25 Mil, Secures Aussie and EU Servers For Alpha

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Considering I spent $40 on what someone on these forums dubbed a "Space Tractor" and it looks F'ING AMAZING. I fully expect Star Citizen to reach 30M, or even possibly 50M once more ships are released for purchase.

But seriously though, one of the cheapest ships and it looks awesome. I watched a video exploring the Constellation ($225) and my jaw hit the floor. The number of gorgeous details and that is with almost half the stuff still in progress!

If I didn't need that cash to upgrade my computer I would get one. In my mind they deserve every penny just for the hangar module alone.

As it stands I will probably shell out another $10 to upgrade my space tractor to a more useful variant.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
As of this moment (SC hit 27 million the day before yesterday) I am $345 into this game with plans for more after I get my PS4. Part of the reason this game has gone so far is that a very large number of the backers grew up playing Chris Roberts' Wing Commander games and loving every minute of them. This crowd is now averaging late 20's to late 30's or older with jobs, disposable income, and a desire to recapture the magic from a developer that has already proven his ability by being the one that hooked them on the genre in the first place.

If you think it is expensive now, just wait until the full alpha/betas come out and suddenly the tech world is abuzz with the sudden buying frenzy of overpriced top end video cards and flight control systems like the HOTAS Warthog.