Star Control Reboot Making Progress and Looking For Players

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Star Control Reboot Making Progress and Looking For Players

A Star Control reboot has been in the works since Stardock acquire the franchise back in 2013, but nothing has been made public, until now.

Read Full Article

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Wow, all of the visuals remind me of Spore. I loved the idea of Spore, and I even liked certain aspects of the game when it was made. If this has any of that degree of customization, along with some good game play, I'd be all for it.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Judging from the picture with the alien in it, seems they're sticking with making interesting looking ones unlike how a lot of games/media have typical humanoid ones all the time, this is good :D Something I always liked about Star Control.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
It sounds good! And I also think it looks like Spore which is great! Shame we have to wait till 2017, though. I'm looking forward this and Stellaris.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
As much as I love the idea of a new Star Control, I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from Elemental. I hope Wardell has learned some lessons from that.

Sol_HSA

was gaming before you were born
Nov 25, 2008
Please don't mess it up. Please don't mess it up. Please don't mess it up. Please don't mess it up.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Big boots to fill.

I would argue that Star Control 2 should be put on every list of greatest games ever made.

But Stardock has the chops and if they can do to SC what Firaxis did for XCOM then all gamers and indeed all of gaming culture will be richer for it.

kris40k

Feb 12, 2015
In addition, Chris Bucholz of Cracked.com will do the writing for the game.
6 Hillarious Ways the Ur-Quan Will Destroy the Alliance!

1. Launch Fighters
2. Launch Fighters
3. Launch Fighters
4. ...

Xeorm

Apr 13, 2010
It's a shame though access to the Founder's edition is $100. I was rather interested in seeing what they've come up with.

Xeorm

Apr 13, 2010
metamorphosis18 said:
Yeah, would've been helpful if they'd mentioned that in the article.
They might not have known. The email they send out has zero mention of purchasing anything. I've double checked it. Even their website doesn't mention the cost, not until you've filled out the survey and gotten a letter back does it mention buying into the program.