Star Wars Battlefront 2 is Getting a Multiplayer Beta in October

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is Getting a Multiplayer Beta in October

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1417/1417912.jpgYou'll get your chance to check out Star Wars Battlefront 2 before launch when the multiplayer beta kicks off this October.

EA has announced the start dates for the Star Wars Battlefront 2 multiplayer beta, as well as what it will include. It's also given out a bit of extra good news: the beta is is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

The beta will include a variety of things to experience. You'll get the chance to try out Galactic Assault mode in Naboo: Theed, where you'll fight alongside Republic clone troopers and Separatist battle droids. There's also a multiplayer Starfighter Assault battle for your enjoyment. Although the full details for that won't be revealed until Gamescom next month, EA does say that you'll get to "pilot a variety of the most memorable starfighters from Star Wars."

Although those two things are the only ones mentioned in the official blog post [https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-beta-dates], it does tease the possibility of more, saying, "Keep your eyes open for even more surprises as the beta approaches."

If you've pre-ordered the game by the time October rolls around, you'll get access to the beta two days early on October 4. If you want to wait and see what the game is like before you pre-order, you'll be able to start playing on October 6. The beta will close for all participants on October 9.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
I can't wait to complain again about how this game was a disgrace to the franchise, totally out of touch with previous titles etc. etc.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I'll still never understand the whole "beta a month before release" thing.

I remember when multiplayer betas came out early enough to actually make meaningful changes.

This is a demo. Just call it a demo.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
this is a demo for me, not a beta. how can you make any changes? with mirrors edge catalyst, that was a beta, because it had flaws and they got fixed after many have pointed them out. and why MP? campaign is the one i care for.