Star Wars: Battlefront Announced For Next-Gen Consoles

Sep 14, 2009
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
I don't know why, but I've got a bad feeling about this.
was that a leia quote drop there? o_O

Sniper Team 4 said:
I could go either way, I suppose. I love Star Wars to death, that's for sure. But the Battlefront Games never really impressed me. I needed more of a story. Of course, I was also playing offline on the PS2, so I couldn't fight other people and just ended up against the A.I.
So, I will keep my eye on this for certain. But did we have to make the trailer with perhaps the most overused Star Wars battle ever? Hoth is great, but can we stop using it as the flagship?
hey, hey you. QUIT IT. I played on the ps2 and offline too and i put over 1000 hours into it >_<

(just messing around in case you think i'm being serious there)

OT: while i am excited about this, i am heavily guarded by the fact it is EA and that it will probably be more like battlefield than battlefront..(battlefield games i tend to yawn at after an hour or so, while battlefront 1 and 2 i could play for hours on end in the blink of an eye)

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Until I get an official release date and game play videos I'm calling bullshit.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
A foot! That's all they've got for us! This is E3 not some college exhibition, we need more than just a foot // Damn you Disney

-M

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
So, EA's unleashing Mirror's Edge 2 and Star Wars Battlefront.

Don't fuck them up, EA. You most likely will, but if you don't, you'll earn more kudos than I ever thought I'd give to you.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:

Sniper Team 4 said:
I could go either way, I suppose. I love Star Wars to death, that's for sure. But the Battlefront Games never really impressed me. I needed more of a story. Of course, I was also playing offline on the PS2, so I couldn't fight other people and just ended up against the A.I.
So, I will keep my eye on this for certain. But did we have to make the trailer with perhaps the most overused Star Wars battle ever? Hoth is great, but can we stop using it as the flagship?
hey, hey you. QUIT IT. I played on the ps2 and offline too and i put over 1000 hours into it >_<

OT: while i am excited about this, i am heavily guarded by the fact it is EA and that it will probably be more like battlefield than battlefront..(battlefield games i tend to yawn at after an hour or so, while battlefront 1 and 2 i could play for hours on end in the blink of an eye)
Only 1000 hours Fucking casual Hahaha Kidding but seriously Ea if you do this right I may give you money but if you fuck it up thats it your done for good

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
As it stands, I'm kind of on the fence:
on one hand, OHMYGODBATTLEFRONTISBACKAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
on the other hand, Dice...EA....

I'm going to have to see at LEAST a bit more than a snow speeder and an AT-AT's foot to be convinced.

P.S: A minute of silence for Pandemic Games, the glorious creators of the original series. If they were the devs behind it, I would throw all my money at the screen.

Apr 5, 2008
Jabberwock King said:
KingsGambit said:
I could swear there was a Battlefront II, and that I've played it. WTF EA?

Anyway, interesting to know that the first new game announced is an old game. Who needs new ideas anyway?
Oh quit belly-aching, I've been waiting for this too long to see someone complain about it being "old." Battlefront gave me an itch that can only be scratched by Sci-fi shooters with vehicle combat and a generous helping flying. I've been sticking with Halo for what brief glimpses of that glory it could bother to offer. If they nail this, then I'm jumpin' ship.
I must admit, when Vader came at you on the battlefield it was pretty cool. I loved the jetpack trooper, especially on the maps with great heights from which to fall.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Well, we won't be seeing this for a while, in all likelihood, so who knows whether they'll get it right, but you know what? When EA makes a game, and it looks like it's something I'm going to like, when I get to playing it, I like it. They make plenty of games that I have no interest in - sports games, battlefield, etc. Their games have their flaws - ME3 ending, DA2 rushed-ness, etc. - but the experience of the game, the feel of it, is pretty much always what I expect. So that makes me optimistic here - I don't think they will, but even if they do screw this up, I'm pretty sure we'll know well before it's on the shelves.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
If this requires Origin, I don't care if they make the discs out of solid gold and encrust the game's box with diamonds, I will not purchase it. At all. Ever.

The last game I bought from EA was also made by 38 Studios. I won't purchase another game that requires an outside service - I learned my lesson the first time.

Sep 14, 2009
CommanderL said:
gmaverick019 said:
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:

Sniper Team 4 said:

Only 1000 hours Fucking casual Hahaha Kidding but seriously Ea if you do this right I may give you money but if you fuck it up thats it your done for good
il fukn rek u m8, wut klas u main, bicth?

(entirely sarcasm right there in case you think i'm for real)

yeah this could be a slight turning point for EA if they don't fuck it up to all hell...which is highly possible, but i foresee this in the future:

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
arc1991 said:
BrotherRool said:
The cinematic trailer is already filling me with dread. I'm worried this is going to be another Star Wars game that doesn't feel like Star Wars at all, just Battlefield reskinned. The Old Republic felt like WoW reskinned and the Force Unleashed felt like a generic hack 'n slash reskinned. It's been a long time since we've had a game that was really designed from the ground up to be Star Wars
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine?

The Force Unleasshed was designed ground up to be Star Wars, sure the second one was a little meh, but the first one as i recall was a hidden gem when it was released, something that went generally un-noticed by many, yet was popular within the fandom, for most anyway. A nice little filler between eps 3 and 4

The second one i wont get into for OBVIOUS reasons, but the Force Unleashed was by no means a bad game.
If you think I was being a ray of sunshine, how about this fact. Star Wars Battlefront isn't being made by DICE, it's being made by the Medal Of Honour: Warfighter studio that EA rebranded DICE a few months ago :( Turns out I was being friggin' optimistic about that game.